Help! Does anyone near London/Waterloo have a Hope bike light charger?

Hi all,

Does anyone in the London/Waterloo area have a Hope bike light charger I could borrow please? Light unexpectedly went into emergency low power mode this morning and need to ride 30 miles home.

Many thanks

Andrew

Comments

• timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Might be worth improvising a mount for your phone (IE get hold of some gaffer tape/rubber bands) so that you can use your phone's light if it comes to it.
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    Hate to say it - but this is why you have more than one light on Front & back

I'd get yourself to the local bike shop at lunchtime and get a reasonable USB chargeable light set to put on.
    I'd suggest my secondary light set - but they were an Aldi special - £15 - and the back is blummin bright. The front, bright enough to ride roads on....

https://www.evanscycles.com/bike-accessories/bike-lights_c/set-position/usb_rechargeable_battery-power_source?sort=price_inc_vat
    they've got a few less than £30
  • andyeb
    andyeb Posts: 407
    Thanks for your help. I do ride with a backup set of USB lights, but they just aren’t bright enough for the unlit roads I encounter on my commute.

All is well that ends well - managed to leave work early and get on the train before the cycle restrictions kicked in.