Eurosport player

jimmocrates
jimmocrates Posts: 131
edited August 2019 in Pro race
I currently get eurosport via BT subscription so I can watch it on my tv.
For any of you with Eurosport player, can you watch it via an app on your tv either directly through your TV or on an app on the bt box?

Comments

• redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I can watch it on my handset and cast it to the TV via my Chromecast if I desired but I already have Eurosport via VM but only two channels.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    Yes, I have the player and stream through the Apple TV box to the telly
  • I watch it primarily through an app on the smart TV in HD though I can also watch through an app on the phone or tablet which can be cast to the TV plus through a browser on the laptop or through a mini pc connected to the TV.

Once you've paid for your subscription, which was £20 for the year last time, there's loads of ways to watch it although only on one device at a time.

With the mention of channels, with the apps you don't get channels as such but multiple streams when there's a lot going on. And for cycling you can also get the live raw feed from host broadcasters without commentary or adverts and outside of their broadcast times so you get to see more of the live racing.
  • ovi
    ovi Posts: 396
    I use ES player on a firestick and chromecast and is fine. I did pay amazon prime for their app but it was not so good even though picture quality was fine.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    edited November 2019
    It's already been mentioned in the general section on here, but many folks might miss it.
    Eurosport player Black Friday deal is on again until December 2nd.
    £19-99 for the year instead of the usual £39-99.

Since it was mentioned in the post above, the Amazon firestick is also on offer with exactly the same discount and ending on the same day.
    So, if anybody fancies a kind of BOGOF offer......
    "Science is a tool for cheaters". An anonymous French PE teacher.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Thanks. I'm subscribed until the middle of January, and can't seem to cancel that to take advantage of this offer. Which is a bit of a shitter.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,508
    I imagine it will be discounted again in Jan.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Got the £20 deal. Much better than my £4.99 a month offer. Only snag is the email address for account queries bounces back so seemingly no way to cancel my £4.99 sub. Maybe the bank can refuse to pay for me I guess ?
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Just checked, and my £19.99 deal from last year has been rolled over at the same rate for another year. Which is nice.
    Half man, Half bike
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,213
    Same here, I went to cancel before it auto renewed and saw it was showing as due for payment at the same rate. I'll hopefully use it more this year, I didn't get to watch much last year.
  • Hopefully the same thing will happen next year as a lot of people are going to expire at the same time!

Anybody know what the situation is re-Firestick?
    My nephew bought a 4K one, but it won't load the Eurosport player.
    I was planning to buy a standard one, expressly to stream Eurosport on another tv, but if they are no longer compatible I won't bother.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,590

Hopefully the same thing will happen next year as a lot of people are going to expire at the same time!

I was planning to buy a standard one, expressly to stream Eurosport on another tv, but if they are no longer compatible I won't bother.

Mine certainly stopped working directly. That was a while ago and may have changed. If I wanted to watch on TV I used Airplay (or whatever) from a device to the Firestick. That works.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Pross
    I've been using mine through a Firestick with no issues but haven't tried it for a while. Will give it a go tomorrow to see if it's still OK.
  • cq20
    cq20 Posts: 207
    edited November 2019
    I couldn’t get Eurosport to cancel my subscription. Emails not answered / actioned and no telephone contact. The only way out of it was to get the bank involved (I was using a debit card - might have been much more difficult with a credit card).

Never again. I now use monthly iTunes subscriptions that can be cancelled at any time when I can’t get a free stream or TV coverage. It works out about the same price for what I want. At best, Eurosport’s admin is incompetent

• m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,312
    The offer is much worse in Germany, so I'll pass. I'm too lazy to buy the UK version and then try and find a VPN work around. :|
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    VPN would screw the delivery anyway as it throttles the bandwidth
  • Pross

Hopefully the same thing will happen next year as a lot of people are going to expire at the same time!

I just tried it on my Firestick, I needed to upgrade to the latest version but it still seems to be working fine. Whether there's an issue loading the app in the first place I don't know but I don't see why there would be as they are obviously still providing updates.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    cq20 said:

I couldn’t get Eurosport to cancel my subscription. Emails not answered / actioned and no telephone contact. The only way out of it was to get the bank involved (I was using a debit card - might have been much more difficult with a credit card).

Never again. I now use monthly iTunes subscriptions that can be cancelled at any time when I can’t get a free stream or TV coverage. It works out about the same price for what I want. At best, Eurosport’s admin is incompetent

Yes mine is a debit card too. I'll ring the bank. £20 is much better than £60.
  • Pross
    cq20 said:

Couldn't you just cancel in the app? I've just cancelled mine for next year as it has gone up to £39.99 (they took that this year too, it has just renewed but I'm sure when I looked a few weeks ago the renewal was showing as £19.99 as I was surprised I was getting the discounted rate automatically).
  • cq20
    cq20 Posts: 207
    edited November 2019
    Pross said:

cq20 said:

Couldn't you just cancel in the app? I've just cancelled mine for next year as it has gone up to £39.99 (they took that this year too, it has just renewed but I'm sure when I looked a few weeks ago the renewal was showing as £19.99 as I was surprised I was getting the discounted rate automatically).
    Nope. It wouldn’t allow any change to the payment or even payment method I.e. a different card. It may have changed since but I would never deal directly with Eurosport again. Going through an intermediary is safest and not much more expensive if I only use it for the stuff I can’t get through TV or streams
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Just renewed mine cause the payment was declined due to a new card being issued in July and paid £20 for the year.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Have to wait a bit to get UK Eurosports calendar. I suspect more races will be heading to the player rather than subscription tv.

However, the French and Dutch have come up with lists of their race coverage, which also fills in quite a bit for Eurosport and therefore the player.

https://sport.infonu.nl/overige-sport/164907-wielrennen-live-op-tv-in-2020.html

https://www.mediasportif.fr/2020/01/15/guide-tv-ou-regarder-le-cyclisme-en-2020/
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,508
    Can anyone confirm the spoiler / catch-up situation on Eurosport?

If I log in on Sat evening, will I be able to watch Omloop in full/highlights without spoilers? I used to just Sky+ things.
  • 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    I use On Demand all the time, never noticed any spoilers, usually ready to view shortly after the event.
    It's very useful, especially if there are multiple events on at the same time.
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 4,993
    Was thinking recently that they have improved. A while back spoilers were impossible to avoid - they would put the winner crossing the line on the link. Seems like they have sorted this now.
  • 6wheels
    6wheels Posts: 411
    Never heard Dan Lloyd on ES player until today, hope they use him more often as he was excellent.
  • 6wheels said:

Never heard Dan Lloyd on ES player until today, hope they use him more often as he was excellent.

This
    Always liked Magnus and he was good with Dan
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    He was able to combine Millar's ability to identify riders with a much more personable presenting style I thought.
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    6wheels said:

He was getting some stick on Twitter I read.

To be fair he came back at them and asked for constructive suggestions on how he could improve as opposed to just criticism.
  • blazing_saddles
    blazing_saddles Posts: 21,741
    From Monday afternoon, Eurosport are showing each stage of the 2018 Giro.
    About time they pulled their finger out in filling the void.