Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, foggy here In the sticks club ride at 9 , out later for lunch
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Some running planned and then a fun bike ride is jobs/time allows
  • Lazy start, a bit creaky after a few hours on the mower yesterday. Out for lunch and a bit of hardware store browsing.

Almost finished fettling bikes after a whole lotta stem swapping. Just need to decide if I can re-grease frame pivot bearings to fix the squeak or if they need replacement.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    one of those days I wish I had an indoor trainer I could just hop on as it looks flippin miserable out there grey,dark,threat of rain, really no motivation to go for a ride in this weather
  • Afternoon. Grey, damp and overcast all day. Had early surf on way home from work so all good.

awavey - get one, well worth it for winter months. I've got a "dumb" one and it's fine. I leave my old Cannondale on it permanently and just use the Canyon on the road.
    Some swear by Zwift but I tried it and wasn't that fussed so just use cycling videos I've downloaded and train to them.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    Fairly unproductive day as kept getting interrupted in the middle of stuff by Stressbag who had several pressing matters such a where she'd left her phone, keys etc. :|
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Spammers eh, you gotta love 'em. As adapted from Bob Mortimer, Athletico Mince.

A day mostly spent on train(s), bus(es), eye hospital and having #1 in the current season, think this is n+1, of jabs in the eye. Yes, on a Sunday; which was great, straight in, zero wait, done, and out, no dodging the hordes of crumblies filling the place out on a normal weekday. And all seems fine, zero after-pains. Happy.

However. Tomorrow. 👍 Off to the Royal Albert Hall to see the Aussie Pink Floyd. This will be 'kin A.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Hopefully @oli_admin has got those spam posts on his console now to remove the advertising links...

Bit of a rubbish day here. Hauled myself out of bed early to go on the club ride, kit on, saddlebag packed then bailed because it was raining. Cleared out the garden instead. Weather's been foggy and damp and horrible all day here.

Then to make things better I was cleaning out the bathroom cabinet, took the door off to clean out behind the hinges and dropped the mirrored door in the bath so there's a couple of nice chips in the bath which I'll have to try and fix at some point this week :/
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Van. IKEA. Hot dog. Assemblage. Sitting.
    Took me for ever to sign up to the Hertz van hire app. I finally got approved this morning, and learned that I am the double of someone who stole 3 vans.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    awavey said:

one of those days I wish I had an indoor trainer I could just hop on as it looks flippin miserable out there grey,dark,threat of rain, really no motivation to go for a ride in this weather

Rollers: they're lovely.
    Turbo trainers: they're a pain in the ass.
    Zwift: That's for people who need to get a life.

Dull here - all day. Foggy interspersed with drizzle but mild. Had a hard swim instead.

Now full of grub and soporific.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    hopkinb said:

Van. IKEA. Hot dog. Assemblage. Sitting.
    Took me for ever to sign up to the Hertz van hire app. I finally got approved this morning, and learned that I am the double of someone who stole 3 vans.

Same name, licence and photo? That IS a coincidence :D

We use the enterprise one at work and every so often you have to send them a photo of you licence and a selfie. The last time I put on my best gurn and it was approved, might go for the sunglasses/dog nose effect on the phone next time.