wednesday is expanding exponentially

'ning

paris is sub-nippy, saw some of the local cats yesterday, hope they are warm and fed, the european winter is a hard life for a pussycat

brekkie then off to see some of my chaps and chat with gmc punter of gmc at local tentacle, lunch, lounge, eurostar
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sub nippy in Lincoln too, dog walked , breakfast consumed just having a cuppa whilst wondering if it’s worth picking more leaves up from the garden or going out on the bike, have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    Not as bad as expected in Shropshire, but hound walk was later due to impending visit to the dentist.

Later is undecided
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Another day at the fun factory.
    Damp ride in, the roads are as muddy and potholed as I remember.
    Not sure what the plan is for today.
  • Pissing down here and not looking great next few days.

On the bright side, surf is pumping and offshore.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, dry an crisp here, no crisps on the floor that I noted though.
    Some chats last night with another company re doing some work, does mean no more 10 minute walk to work but the pay jump would be nice.

Another day off faffing doing things I'm not meant to shall try and offload onto a minion so I can fix an excel doc of mine someones been messing with. Heres hoping at least. Oh an I need to wang in the new battery.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    step83 said:

Some chats last night with another company re doing some work, does mean no more 10 minute walk to work but the pay jump would be nice.

But but, what about logistics gurl?

Wet here.
    Not a lot happening.
    Might have more coffee.

Laters.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    pinno said:

step83 said:

Who's excel file do you think I'm fixing :D things are slowly moving on that front, me changing jobs would probably make it easier if anything.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,415
    step83 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

Who's excel file do you think I'm fixing :D things are slowly moving on that front, me changing jobs would probably make it easier if anything.
    Is 'excel file' a euphemism?

WFH today as dropped The Panzer off at the dealer for spot of warranty work. All going OK and they did the free check up while they're at it (good ruse to find faults to fix I know). apparently the oil level is a bit over the max but the bloody on-board computer told me to add a litre of the brown goo about 6 weeks back and I haven't added any more since? Ho hum.

In other news the hounds have taken a shine to our new astroturf type stuff in the back garden and are now p1issing and crapping on it instead of the real grass. Not sure what's so great about it...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Rubbish week. Doc now sending me for yet more scans of my head/neck because he's mystified why I am apparently worse than I should be. Have figured out that I'm in the "low incidence" side effects group for the anti-inflammatory pills he's had me on, as they give me vertigo-like symptoms. Phaaaark.

Spent the day swapping parts around various bikes because I am banned from the other jobs that need doing here for the moment. As usual, I have boxes full of things which are not quite right - I have 6 spare front derailleurs, all MTB specific, and *none* of them will suit the frame/crankset I want to build. :/
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Later is undecided
  • step83
    Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

WFH today as dropped The Panzer off at the dealer for spot of warranty work. All going OK and they did the free check up while they're at it (good ruse to find faults to fix I know). apparently the oil level is a bit over the max but the bloody on-board computer told me to add a litre of the brown goo about 6 weeks back and I haven't added any more since? Ho hum.

In other news the hounds have taken a shine to our new astroturf type stuff in the back garden and are now p1issing and crapping on it instead of the real grass. Not sure what's so great about it...

Can take creating nested IF functions anyway you please!

Dogs may have taken a shine to it as its new and different, mine did similar when I got a new rug, insisted in rolling all over it for the first week, must be smell related.

Reminds me I need to change the battery on the Psssst panzerschiff, bloody heavy thing though came with a handle I do not trust at all
  • thistle_
    step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

The CHOOSE function might get you to 3rd base.
    Stevo_666 said:

At least it's machine washable unlike real grass.

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,516
    sunny here and many degrees warmer than this morning

tartare scoffed and bier quaffed, slumped in lounge having pre-train biccies and espresso

suspect i will be unable to resist the wine trolley
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Cold up in Perth today, still ice about on the roads which wasn't present further south first thing. Off to some tragic 'drinks and canapes' thing in Edinburgh later which will involve me getting p!ssed after with a mate of mine who works there. He's unexpectedly landed a relatively senior job with them so I'm suddenly on the guest list to free alcohol events
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,002
    edited November 2019
    Back after a few days in Vegas, pretty dead from the jet lag. Quite a busy desk to arrive back to but really looking forward to my bed.

Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Off to collect The Panzer in a bit. They couldn't fix the seat problem so they're ordering a whole new seat from Germany (free under warranty, thank ****). All that was wrong was the seat leather where you sit was a tad 'slack' - at least they admitted there was a fault rather than it being down to my fat arris o:)

In other good news, we just found out that Stropteen has got a uni interview at Cambridge next month B)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    Stevo_666 said:

In other good news, we just found out that Stropteen has got a uni interview at Cambridge next month B)

Congratulations, good luck!

• Stevo_666
    haydenm said:

Stevo_666 said:

Congratulations, good luck!

Ta Hayden, it's what she really wants. Three interviews to go through on the day - hope she nails it. Prep starts this evening!
  • haydenm
    I wish I had that sort of ambition...
  • Stevo_666
    edited November 2019
    It'll be me and Stressbag cracking the whip on the prep this evening. She's already got an interview at Liverpool next Friday so hope she takes that one seriously, rather than just treating it as a practice interview!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Stevo_666 said:

Good luck to her, and the two of you. Female child got a good offer from her preferred uni so is happy. Went to her parents evening last night, it was almost embarrassing they were singing her praises so much. She definitely takes after her mother.

I do believe it being Wednesday I will be going to the pub later.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo_666 said:

Well done to Stroppers! Is it "hands up cow's bums" degree?

3 interviews, then a conditional offer of at least A*AA I would think for Cambridge. Nose to grindstone until end of June. No fun being a kid. Not that it was too much different when I was a lad, but I managed to fit in plenty of rugby and cricket, along with drinking and getting off with girls.

• hopkinb

Female child got a good offer from her preferred uni so is happy. Went to her parents evening last night, it was almost embarrassing they were singing her praises so much. She definitely takes after her mother.

Well done to female child too!
    The boy just had an absolute stinking turd of a school report. Lazy and not the best academically anyway...
  • hopkinb
    How is "t u r d" swearing?
  • thistle_
    step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

The CHOOSE function should get you to 3rd base
  • step83

step83 said:

Stevo_666 said:

step83 said:

pinno said:

step83 said:

The CHOOSE function should get you to 3rd base
    =sum(if(A1=<"3rdbase",boobies)
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

3 interviews, then a conditional offer of at least A*AA I would think for Cambridge. Nose to grindstone until end of June. No fun being a kid. Not that it was too much different when I was a lad, but I managed to fit in plenty of rugby and cricket, along with drinking and getting off with girls.

Thanks - yep, that's the degree. And A*AA is spot on - if she gets past the interviews. She's already working her socks off and it'll just get harder from here.

See you tomorrow evening, Hoppahito-san.
  • hopkinb
    Yep. 666 Stevo san. :D
  • pinno
    hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

3 interviews, then a conditional offer of at least A*AA I would think for Cambridge.
    Some inside information.

My niece was turned down for Bio-Chem despite 3 A's at a Cambridge Uni after interview.
    Met a guy who had a D in A level English, no more and he got in.

Their criteria (my head of section at Uni used to be an Oxford lecturer) is not always based on qualifications; they try to asses where the student is (at the point of interview) on the learning curve.
    X will get through on results, Y will get in because they are overseas students paying megabucks and Z will get in on interview merit.

• pinno
    pinno said:

hopkinb said:

Stevo_666 said:

3 interviews, then a conditional offer of at least A*AA I would think for Cambridge.
    Some inside information.

My niece was turned down for Bio-Chem despite 3 A's at a Cambridge Uni after interview.
    Met a guy who had a D in A level English, no more and he got in.

Their criteria (my head of section at Uni used to be an Oxford lecturer) is not always based on qualifications; they try to asses where the student is (at the point of interview) on the learning curve.
    X will get through on results as long as the interview wasn't cr4p, Y will get in because they are overseas students paying megabucks and Z will get in on interview merit.