Giant Dirt E+2 dropper post

Hi I have giant EMTB and looking to fit a dropper post, how do you tell which one will fit, and also if it is set up for internal cabling? Thanks in advance I am new to MTB

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    I can't find any reference to the seat post size. However, the 2017 Dirt-E+ 0 came with an externally cabled Giant Contact SL Switch Trail dropper post and that was only available in 30.9mm diameter.
    If you remove your seat post the size will be etched/printed on it near the bottom.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    This link should help you decide which dimensions are important for your bike. It's not just the seat post diameter and the travel that you have to consider.
    https://www.alltricks.fr/surl/choisirsatigedeselletelescopique_v2

The web page is in French, but if you wait a short while it should auto-translate. Or use Google Translate. The page is a few years old so it may not have your exact post on it, but by reading and understanding what it's telling you, you will know what to look for.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Giant bikes are pretty much 100% 30.9mm, logic says just use a Giant dropper. The local Giant dealer will know what drop it will take.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.