DHB Aeron Alpha gilet

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited November 2019 in Road buying advice
Tempted to get one of these. I have a Sportful jacket with the previous incarnation of the Polartec Alpha insulation. It's great, and always thought a gilet version would be useful. However, I'm out of the loop with DHB sizing. I used to be a small when i had a few pieces of theirs a while back, whilst tending to be a medium in Castelli and Spottful tops. I've also not been riding as much this year, so am carrying some winter timber earlier than usual. 38" chest, and 34" waist currently. Are they still on the gerous side - Would I be a medium in this?

Also Interested to hear if any owners rate it....? Cheers
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    You'd probably want a medium as it will be an outer layer, I don't own one but that would make sense to me.
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    Almost certainly an M. My dhb stuff is M, and I'm usually 38" chest, 33" waist. Aeron fit is slightly relaxed. Castelli M fits great.
  • I've just bough a dhb long sleeve top, and went down a size and it fits just fine. I am normally between XS and S, so went for an XS. I'm 5'8" tall, about 34-35" chest and around 60kg. I reckon M would be about spot on for you.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    They had an extra £10 off this last week but seem to have removed the offer over the weekend, so am thinking twice Especially since their free returns are now slightly more complex - I have a local Asda I could use but seems to take them a while to receive and refund the items these days. Funny how these things have influenced my, previously more impulsive, buying habits....
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    FWIW I've always found their size guides to be spot on. You can always look through the reviews and questions too to reassure yourself.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,410
    fenix said:

FWIW I've always found their size guides to be spot on. You can always look through the reviews and questions too to reassure yourself.

Unless you are buying their bibtights! I Used to be a M but now I'm somewhere between a L and XL despite losing 5 kgs!

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Really ? I've loads of their shorts that are spot on - but must admit I've not got DHB longs.