Sunday musings

Run planned with a pal, then moving wood around, then out on then fun bike.

Pub later obviously

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    edited November 2019
    Will be having fun today de-gunking the fish pond pump and filter before winter proper sets in. This may be messy, but not in a good way. Also need to fit the new astro turf to the muddy bits of the lawn, this could also be a bit messy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Day out as passenger in the convertible being whizzed round the countryside. Stopped for lunch in a town that looks to have been taken over by feral hipsters, but still good.

Turns out I'm not great as a passenger in a car these days on long winding roads.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    nippy, but dry roads for the first time in ages and some sun, battery on front mech ran out, shooters hill surprisingly easy on the 53

pineapple time
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Di2 (roll).

Sunny here on the West coast. Lovely view of Arran and Ailsa Craig. Tricky in soft play area, Shorty swimming. Me coffee and cake.
    Hopefully, we've worn them out for peace later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    I would say etap Pinno, brilliant gears , I carry a spare battery just in case

Rotten morning , rolling into the afternoon mist and rain, I managed 50 minutes on the rollers early absolutely knackered
    Just waiting for roast beef and all the trimmings
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    yeah etap, it was green last time i checked, battery will be 4 years old in 2-3 months, that and the nippy weather may mean it's not lasting so well now
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Evening
    Half marathon done this morning, rained for half of it, got back and the organisers had left everyone's bags out in the rain :/ Council decided to more than double the car parking cost for the event, nothing worse than a pack of angry runnists.

Just been to Nandos for an obscene amount of food to start fattening up for Christmas.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    edited November 2019
    Won't do etap or Di2 as I have Campagnolo tattooed on my 4rse.
    (Metaphorically speaking).
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    pinno said:

I heard you are so skinny it just says camp
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

Tattooed or branded?

Evening, nice day of "adventure biking" lots of singletrack and fire roads getting odd looks from the MTB lot who mainly seemed to be on Ebikes? Meh anyway home and nice fire while the temperature starts to plummet.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    tlw1 said:

pinno said:

I heard you are so skinny it just says camp
    Maybe they didn't need to tattoo one of the 'o's?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    edited November 2019
    oxoman said:

Well done on the half marathon, I try and do the one's with free parking. I never leave anything with the event organisers, always travel light with only a car key and bank card, cash.

In all the others I have done (one) the baggage handling would put some airports to shame.
    Unless I've got a bag btich I'll probably follow your plan in the future.