• bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    You have a diesel car?
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498

You have a diesel car?

No - two ....
    and a van ...

wanted petrol on the last round - but just couldn't find what we wanted in petrol (for the right price) so ended up with diesel

In terms of MPG - the cars get 55/45mpg and the van gets 30mpg

I'd love to go electric - especially when my car needs replacing - but right now, the amount that I use my car (@55mpg) doesn't justify spending a lot - and because it's not that old, if I sold it I'd a) not get much for it and b) it'd still carry on burning fuel - so I may as well save the money and burn the fuel myself....

I'm doing nearly as many miles on the bike as I do in the car each year...
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    pross said:

Why is it that is costs so much more to bake your own cakes than to just buy them? I spent around £12 on ingredients (not helped by going for dairy free chocolate for the vegans). OK, I'll have some left over stuff to use another time but I could probably have bought the same amount of brownies as I'll make for less than a fiver.

economies of scale - i bet you could make 5000 brownies cheaper than you could buy them for!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    BBC keeps showing a segment of Wasted on Some, a sketch thing on iPlayer.

Which brings me on to "trivial things that annoy you"... sh1t comedy even making it to production in the first place. Somebody decided to fund that crap and I can't believe anyone could find it funny.

The fact it is that plainly unfunny actual outweighs the fact the license fee is spent to make it.

Here's a link if you want to smash your laptop or phone https://bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p07qf26t/wasted-on-some
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    The Oil won't go off Pross. It has a good shelf life.
    If you have an old diesel vehicle with mechanical fuel pump, pour the remainder in the tank.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    buying or even making cakes for your workmates or colleagues when its your birthday
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,236
    edited November 2019
    mfin said:

Which brings me on to "trivial things that annoy you"... 20p for the swearbox comedy even making it to production in the first place. Somebody decided to fund that 20p for the swearbox and I can't believe anyone could find it funny.

The fact it is that plainly unfunny actual outweighs the fact the license fee is spent to make it.

Here's a link if you want to smash your laptop or phone https://bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/p07qf26t/wasted-on-some

Oh come on. I loved the queen’s English one!

I guess it is wasted on some ;)
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    It would probably be funnier to actually just read out some of the letters of complaint they get in - kind of a comedy points of view!
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    Rylan. Is it me or is he a tad overexposed these days? And those teeth though!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    That this forum seems to be dying on its arris, accelerated by the format / platform change (and crap like losing your input text when you go to another page to check your spelling of 'dying'); coz liked the bantz innat innit.

So where next? For interactions without the 10p x2 for the sh1tbox interventions on forum discussions, and less p1sspoor white space? CyclingUK? YACF? Mumsnet?
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729

mfin said:

Which brings me on to "trivial things that annoy you"... 20p for the swearbox comedy even making it to production in the first place. Somebody decided to fund that 20p for the swearbox and I can't believe anyone could find it funny.

I absolutely love comedy, but I'm afraid all of them are complete sh1te.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Pathetic scammers. Below a copy of the latest attempt to grab personal details and card info. All from non existent pseudo domain names, must have had at least 7-8 of similar boxxox. And Noel Leeming appears to be some NZ outfit. Wrong hemisphere numbnuts. How stupid...? Oh wait, a phone? Yeah gimme gimme...

----------------

Your parcel has incomplete delivery details

Hi Name

Our quarterly Statement Report shows you have a pending parcel stored in our remote storage facility dating back to: 21/10/2019.

You can finish the shipping process by correcting your delivery address and pay the service fee to avoid a return dispute.

Follow up information:

1 x Loyalty product (smartphone)
    Coming from: Noel Leeming

Update delivery address

Post Office
    Communications Department
    Unsubscribe
  • pinno
    Use a proxy or VPN server for your browser.
    I do. I get hardly any spam coming through.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,236
    mfin said:

mfin said:

I absolutely love comedy, but I'm afraid all of them are complete sh1te.

Haha wasted on you too
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    orraloon said:

Pathetic scammers.

Closely followed by gullible colleagues ... we get a fairly regular flow of scam emails - most are clearly identified - a few need a second glance ...

"One drive for Business
    [Supplier] has shared a OneDrive for Business file with you. To view it, click the button below.
    Review Business File

Thanks

[normal footer]"

Ok - it's possible that a supplier has shared a onedrive file with us, unlikely though - especially when the subject is "Statement of Acct"

the URL to click on goes to Sendgrid - a well known marketing email system - basically harvesting the email address of all the gullible clickers ...

and we have 2 ... who should know better ..

blocked the URL now ...

• mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    I don't think i have ever in my life used a cotton wool ball.

But I have replaced the lid on the glass jar in the bathroom that my wife keeps the cotton wool balls in at least, ooh, ten thousand times.

Grrrr....
    FCN = 4
  • pinno
    mtb-idle said:

But I have replaced the lid on the glass jar in the bathroom that my wife keeps the cotton wool balls in at least, ooh, ten thousand times.

Grrrr....

...and what does she do for you repetitively without ever mentioning it?

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,593
    pinno said:

mtb-idle said:

Grrrr....

Please. Do. Not. Answer. That.

The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    My wife has a habit of leaving pretty much every kitchen cabinet and drawer open once she has done something in the kitchen, which i then have to shut when i go in.

She also always leaves the 2 empty daily contact lens packets on the edge of the sink every morning, which I throw away for her.
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    pblakeney said:

pinno said:

mtb-idle said:

Grrrr....

Heh.
  • pinno
    pblakeney said:

pinno said:

mtb-idle said:

Grrrr....

Well.

• mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    pinno said:

mtb-idle said:

Grrrr....

We've been married 28 years, there are probably dozens of things I could mention but that's not the title of the thread is it?
    FCN = 4
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    mtb-idle said:

We've been married 28 years, there are probably dozens of things I could mention but that's not the title of the thread is it?

Perhaps we need a "seemingly trivial ways I annoy other people" thread for the over-honest.
    Not sure it would get much traffic though...
  • elbowloh
    elbowloh Posts: 7,078
    It's probably been said before, but going to IKEA, feck me, what a ball-ache.

Only went in to pick up 2 relatively small things, had to traipse through the whole place (with a couple of short cuts), stuck behind dawdlers, people just randomly stopping and blocking aisles for no apparent reason and huge queues. Why do i bother.

Also, my wife wants daim cake (which you can only get from the restaurant bit) and a tea (which you can only get the at the cafe bit). Why don't they sell the daim cake at the cafe bit, even though the cafe bit sells other types of cake?
    Felt F1 2014
    Felt Z6 2012
    Red Arthur Caygill steel frame
    Tall....
    www.seewildlife.co.uk
  • I had to die and become reincarnated to rejoin the forum. God knows which email address I originally registered with. Probably the one I use to communicate with my mistress in the US.
  • But this is not nearly as annoying as the cyclist who shouted "use the f-ing cycle path" at me last night. I have several reasons for being annoyed by this.

1. You weren't using it either.
    2. Is it compulsory now?
    3. If you were annoyed by cars driving at you, don't blame the person who is being overtaken.
    4. It was -5 overnight and about -1 when you shouted at me. The cycle path doesn't get gritted. It is damp and tree-lined.
    5. You don't need two mini-suns to see where you are going. I was perfectly dazzled by the first one.

But thank you for living up to all of the stereotypes about opinionated wee Scottish men. Often wrong, but never in doubt.
  • pinno

I had to die and become reincarnated to rejoin the forum. God knows which email address I originally registered with. Probably the one I use to communicate with my mistress in the US.

See if Oli the mod can restore things for you.
    You can change your username (unlike the old forum) and your ID stays the same.
  • pinno said:

I had to die and become reincarnated to rejoin the forum. God knows which email address I originally registered with. Probably the one I use to communicate with my mistress in the US.

How do you do that?
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    American Airlines.
  • pinno
    edited November 2019
    fatted864 said:

pinno said:

How do you do that?
    https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13108545/a-user-guide-to-the-new-bikeradar-forum#latest

https://forum.bikeradar.com/discussion/13108547/please-report-new-forum-bugs-here#latest