Transport from Lyon airport to Bourg d'Oisans?

bigpikle
bigpikle Posts: 1,690
Can anyone tell me how easy it is to do this on public transport with a bike box please? Any idea on approx costs would also help.

I've looked at various bus timetables but none have a route to Bourg listed although I've read it's an established route. I'm looking for the easiest way to do this in case car hire is a little pricey.

Many thanks
Your Past is Not Your Potential...

Comments

• bigpikle
    OK - no joy here, but I have found the following in case anyone else wants to know in future....

Lyon airport - train to Grenoble
    Grenoble - bus to Bourg d'Oisans http://www.vfd.fr/ bus LER35
  • davidof
    davidof Posts: 3,036
    Any Grenoble linked stuff try

http://www.grenoblecycling.com/

is the Lyon train a TGV? They have restrictions as to what you can take on board although a bike box may be ok. There is a bus which runs every half hour whereas the train is very irregular.
    BASI Nordic Ski Instructor
    Instagramme
  • Look at van hire my wife and I just hired a van one way from Zaragoza to Barcelona it was less than the bus fare and less than one train fare we used europcar but I would guess they all do it. We had to book 48 hours in advance.
    Training for the Cycle to Spain and the Quebrantahuesos
    www.seeyouinspain.co.uk
  • bigpikle
    Thanks - think we'll grab a Berlingo thing as we can get 2 big bike bags in easily enough and it will serve us well for the week.
  • AlunP
    AlunP Posts: 106
    and when you get here to Bourg...

You may wish to avoid the bar/restaurant La Romanche - next to the Caisse d"Eparngne

The guy in charge makes Basil Fawlty look a good host.

After buying two (expensive,belgian) beers (after the inevitable Alpe ascent) we were told to drink up and bugger off! Plenty of welcoming alternatives in the town.
  • bigpikle
    thanks for the tip!
  • I think the bus is the cheapest option, but it will take time. Another option is this you can go there by train, or hire a private car.