Dartmoor Legend ULTRA Sportive - New for 2020

Just Events Ltd have just launched a new ULTRA Sportive on Dartmoor National Park - Devon - UK
Date: Saturday 25th July 2020
Distance: 200 miles
Elevation: 18,000 ft
This new event is limited to 200 riders and will start at 4 am from Princetown, right in the heart of Dartmoor National Park. Participants will have a maximum of 20 hours in which to complete the route.
Registration is now open at www.DartmoorLegend.co.uk

Th event is in support of SSAFA - The Armed Forces Charity and all participants are asked to pledge that they will raise a minimum of £30 for the charity.

Comments

• Longshot
    Longshot Posts: 940
    That's challenging! Very interesting, great location and a good cause.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • Sounds brutal, this could certainly challenge the Fred Whitton for the toughest sportive in the country.
    The Dartmoor Brewery is fantastic, the only thing pulling me through would be the thought of a pint of Jail Ale at the end.

• The Dartmoor Brewery is fantastic, the only thing pulling me through would be the thought of a pint of Jail Ale at the end.

There will be a free pint of Dartmoor Legend waiting for you at the finish.. Fantastic Cask Ale :)

• bentisdall
    bentisdall Posts: 10
    edited February 2022
    Unfortunately the Dartmoor Legend had to be postponed due to the Covid epidemic. But it's back for 2022 and will be taking place on Sat 9th July. See sportivaevents.co.uk/events/dartmoor-legend
  • davep1
    davep1 Posts: 836

Sounds brutal, this could certainly challenge the Fred Whitton for the toughest sportive in the country.
    The Dartmoor Brewery is fantastic, the only thing pulling me through would be the thought of a pint of Jail Ale at the end.

I've done the Dartmoor Classic in the past, and thought that wasn't far off the Fred; I think this would be another level. And that's why I'm out... ;)