Norco Sight 2020 bottom bracket???

Anyone know if the bottom bracket in the Norco Sight 2020 in aluminium or carbon is press fit or threaded?

Really like the look of the bike but aren’t keen on pressfit bb. Struggling to contact Norco and Evans Cycles (the only dealer in the UK) are unsure.

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Have a look at it, if you see a section sticking out a splined to take a tool, its threaded, if you can't see it then it's press fit!

Photos on the Carbon strongly suggest its a pressfit (Norco website C1 model photo showing non drive side crank).
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Have a look at it, if you see a section sticking out a splined to take a tool, its threaded, if you can't see it then it's press fit!

Photos on the Carbon strongly suggest its a pressfit (Norco website C1 model photo showing non drive side crank).

Wish it was that easy. It does look like the Carbon is press fit, wish I could get a definite answer from Norco/Dealer either way for both frames. Evans not getting stock until 22nd December.
  • It's not very helpful that the specs state "BOTTOM BRACKET
    SRAM DUB" when they come both as PF and external.

I'd guess that they are PF but you'd like to think that as the UK distributor, Evans could confirm/deny that.

I've got an older Sight 1 and love it (external BB!).
    "Ride, crash, replace"