Thursday Gimme shelter

Morning, absolutely throwing it down , you have to feel sorry for those who’s property’s at risk, I will more than likely be on the trainer again

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,436
    'ning

late start as heading up to harley st for a tinker, followed by a local brekkie and a leisurely wfh

after three weeks of remorselessly crushing some gmc obstructivists, now rubbing it in that this was three weeks squandered, for in victory i am vengeful
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Morning. Dark, wet, windy. However on the bright side there's surf so coldwater here I come.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning,

Overcast here but dry which is fine for me given that it's nearly winter.
    Run runned, but left phone at home so no strava so did it really happen? My legs reckon it did. Possibly same again later if the weather holds out.

Meetings and dull stuff in the meantime.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    In Paris. Bacon and eggs scoffed: 2 days of conferences about to start so I can sit on my backside and let the minions take the strain back at the office.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Very wet last night but mercifully not raining this morning. Lots of big puddles though.
    Stevo you need to channel SG and go for tartare. I need tea and biscuits, thankfully I have some at hand. Coffee shortly.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    WFH, so hound enjoyed extended walk. Later is CrossFit again, not looking forward to that.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Wet again, still debating chopping in the bikes for a kayak, would see more appropriate given the weather.
    Coffee, tele confrenence and stare into the distance day.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196

Morning. Dark, wet, windy. However on the bright side there's surf so coldwater here I come.

What's the sea temperature (you daft barsteward) ?

Me doing things me. Sunny and crisp.
    Love the heated windscreen on frosty mornings. Although it should be garaged but there's a car in bits in the way.
    Coy. told me parts were on the way... We shall see. Might have to murderise someone to death.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • surfercyclist
    surfercyclist Posts: 894
    edited November 2019
    pinno said:

Morning. Dark, wet, windy. However on the bright side there's surf so coldwater here I come.

What's the sea temperature (you daft barsteward) ?

Me doing things me. Sunny and crisp.
    Love the heated windscreen on frosty mornings. Although it should be garaged but there's a car in bits in the way.
    Coy. told me parts were on the way... We shall see. Might have to murderise someone to death.

Laters.
    Not sure exact number, probably around 13-14C. The water actually is fine it's the air that's the cold factor at the moment. Just got home after 2 hours in and was fine. Windy as mind. It's January/February when it gets really cold, water is around 7C then and it's freezing. Still go in mind..
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    edited November 2019

Stevo you need to channel SG and go for tartare. I need tea and biscuits, thankfully I have some at hand. Coffee shortly.

I would but had a bad experience with steak tartare in Paris a while back resulting in an unplanned dash to one of those 'squat thrust' type bogs. We're off out to the Hotel de Ville tonight which should be nice, but means there's no choice over the nosh.

Just been for a little wander about as I needed a bit of fresh air and we're in the posh bit where there are lots of overpriced watch shops to have a gander at.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Stuff's arrived at Halfords.
    Need to buy gift voucher on company thing to get 10% discount.
    They don't take credit cards.
    The only debit card I have with me needs a OTP to use it - my phone's at home
    :/
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Wet wet wet out there. Had to drop off truck for service 12km away, lots of standing water, cross-flow and headwind rain made the ride back 'fun'. Then drove to the gym, road flooding getting deeper. Just as well we live up the hill...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    orraloon said:

Wet wet wet out there. Had to drop off truck for service 12km away, lots of standing water, cross-flow and headwind rain made the ride back 'fun'. Then drove to the gym, road flooding getting deeper. Just as well we live up the hill...

Yeah it's fun watching the river run down the hill! Nice puddles forming at the bottom of mine, walked in today, might need wellies tomorrow
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    What I should have added on my above post after 'wet wet wet' was 'I felt in my fingers, I felt in my toes' 😊 Been feeling cold all day since, but a recent soak in a hot bath has sorted that out. Woodburner on, couple glasses of a nice Malbec, and actually things ain't so bad.

Reckon lots of people being not so good in this weather. Onwards and upwards, towards higher ground.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Dry(ish) in the pub
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Stevo_666 said:

Just been for a little wander about as I needed a bit of fresh air and we're in the posh bit where there are lots of overpriced watch shops to have a gander at.

You are in Paris and your're looking at watches?!

seanoconn - gruagach craic!