Wednesday is less wet

WTF is everyone?

Moist but pleasant this morning on the way to work.
One of the bossess got off the same train as me so I tried to discreetly follow in my hi vis kit. Needless to say I failed.

Vivoactive 3 ordered, but not arriving until Thursday as I missed the cutoff last night. Should've just ordered yesterday morning on impulse.

Comments

• hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Wednesday is my long day in the office, so been here for a while, and won't be away until much later. :'(

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, my glasses seem to have broken overnight, baffling so trip to town later sort out a new pair. Meantime heads galore for me!
    Dry - yes
    cold - yes
    sunny - ish
  • Day of DIY again. Meh. Pub dinner of steak and chips to make up for it.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    Hybrid commute to be in a town with thistle.

Later should be out on the fun bike with the local club and potentially the youngest rugrat
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    tlw1 said:

Tell thistle that the thread title lacks creativity. It's a poor show.

Dull and chilly but no wind.
    Must carry on chasing paper.

Laters.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, we have been without electricity since about 6 o’clock this morning you don’t half miss it, frosty start and still cold in the house central heating now on though
    Have a good day
  • Afternoon. Had a morning surf and now planning afternoon in front of log burner watching some catch up tv - His Dark Materials to name but one.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    tlw1 said:

Later should be out on the fun bike with the local club and potentially the youngest rugrat

I was contemplating popping over to yours at lunchtime again but feeling very meh with everyone seemingly dying and spreading germs everywhere.

Morning, we have been without electricity since about 6 o’clock this morning you don’t half miss it

Pinno certainly missed a creative thread title this morning :)

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,520
    sunny start has gone gloomy, i've eaten all the pineapple, ordered the new 16" macbookpro apple finally emitted, and almost sorted out some more hols stuff

should've had an extra mince pie
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Survived a presentation to the Global CFO, now at St. Pancras waiting for my train to sunny Paris for a 2 day tax conference courtesy of some kindly tax advisory firm.

The desire to do more work has ebbed away so think I'll have a drink.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    sungod said:

sunny start has gone gloomy, i've eaten all the pineapple, ordered the new 16" macbookpro apple finally emitted, and almost sorted out some more hols stuff

should've had an extra mince pie

Curious to see if the switch from butterfly to scissor switches makes an improvement wit h the typing, last few have been horrible
  • sungod
    early reports are it's better, i've been nursing my old 17" mbp in the hope of something bigger than 15", annoying that it's all usb c though, will end up with umpteen dongles and adaptors

if the keyboard feels ok will let you know, delivery is probably week after next
  • step83
    Curious to hear, an can you not just slap a USB C cabled hub onto it? Be less faff unless you want all the other bits all the time.
  • sungod
    edited November 2019
    step83 said:

Curious to hear, an can you not just slap a USB C cabled hub onto it? Be less faff unless you want all the other bits all the time.

old one...
    3 usb, display port, firewire, ethernet, dvd, expresscard audio in/out

except for expresscard and audio in, i still use them all, though fw only for some irreplaceable equipment, plus it's got magsafe which has saved it many many times

new one...
    4 usb and an audio out

yes, i've got a little hub which will do most, but firewire needs two dongles stacked, plus need an external drive - it's easy to chuck many hours of dvds in a bag before heading off to places with pisspoor bandwidth or long flights etc., for my purposes streaming sucks (as does most of the content) - and there's no reliable magsafe alternative, i get that most punters don't need the interface diversity, but when they dropped magsafe/similar it was a backward step
  • sungod
    hmm, typed a long reply, posted it, went to edit it, the forum has lost it!

shorter reply, i use all the ports on the old one, plus the dvd, even with a hub it takes a lot of add-ons to replace, and there's no reliable way to replace magsafe
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Arrived in Paris so I think its time to head for the hotel bar. Start of a 2 day jolly :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Cold, wet & dark....I stay home today.