Elbow & Knee Pads also Wrist Protection

I’m looking to get elbow pads, knee pads and wrist protection. Any recommendations please ?

Looking at under £80 a set of knee & elbow pads and about £50 for wrist protection.

Is it possible for this price or should I be looking at something more expensive.
Thanks

Comments

• Long_Time_Lurker
    Long_Time_Lurker Posts: 1,068
    edited November 2019
    Hi - Welcome to the forum! ;)
    First question is where are you riding? If you are new to MTBing and wanting something for a bit of confidence when you are on the trails, your budget is doable as the lighter protection stuff is generally cheaper.
    However, if you are looking to do something a little more downhill orientated (red and black runs, rock gardens, getting a bit of air), you might need to stretch the budget - £80 will get you a decent set of knee pads OR elbow pads, but not both.
    Personally, I use Scott Soldier 2 knee pads - good for techy trails, but wouldn't risk it on a red run at a trail centre.
    Next question is wrist protection - do you need it? I don't know anyone who rides with them (unless it is to protect an exisiting injury).
    2007 Felt Q720 (the ratbike)
    2012 Cube Ltd SL (the hardtail XC 26er)
    2014 Lapierre Zesty TR 329 (the full-sus 29er)
  • Same comments as above. We need to know what sort of riding you will be doing and what type/level of protection you want.

You can get fully armoured pads (great for DH but a pain to pedal distances in) right down to softer padded `tubes` that are light weight but offer limited protection against harder objects.

Give us some more info and we'll try to help.
    "Ride, crash, replace"