Tuesday?

Morning, when I woke earlier I thought it was Friday I must have been dreaming, dry out but very windy, dog walked porridge consumed, quite a bit of running around today
Have a good day

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Windy here, but not dry. Supposed to be going out for a run but got up too late, got something on at lunchtime so will have to be after work. At least the rain should have eased off by then.
    Thinking about buying a smartwatch thingy later. I only need a cheap one, but a Forerunner 25 is about £80 and the Vivoactive 3 is only £150...
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Thistle - the youngest has the 35 and if it’s just for running and cycling it is suffice. The fenix is just a little bit(ish) more..........

WFH as I’ve got a proposal to finish off, meant a slower start which was much appreciated.

Later is undecided, as I was out running last night, cycling tomorrow night and training with the cycling club on Thursday, I had better see what the family want to do
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    tlw1 said:

Later is undecided, as I was out running last night, cycling tomorrow night and training with the cycling club on Thursday, I had better see what the family want to do

Running or cycling hopefully? :)

Looks like your could get 3 Forerunners for a Fenix...

• tlw1

tlw1 said:

Looks like your could get 3 Forerunners for a Fenix...

Unless you get a 6........
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, Brisk I think is the word.

I have a Vivoactive 4s, seems to do the job nicely. Screens not the highest resolution when you sit it next to say a Samsung one but it works an isn't intrusive, bar buzzing to tell me to move all the time.
  • tlw1
    step83 said:

Morning, Brisk I think is the word.

I have a Vivoactive 4s, seems to do the job nicely. Screens not the highest resolution when you sit it next to say a Samsung one but it works an isn't intrusive, bar buzzing to tell me to move all the time.

The fenix also does that, the most impressive was after an ultra and 94k steps it told me to ‘move’
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    tlw1 said:

The fenix also does that, the most impressive was after an ultra and 94k steps it told me to ‘move’

To stop you stiffening up and being unable to get down from your barstool!

Cold morning, lovely and sunny though. Bike continues to bring me joy.

Dull lunch day today, but hopefully something tasty for dinner.

I am NOT looking forward to moving back into the house. Enormous amounts of faff and cleaning, and we will be digging dust out of everything for weeks to come!

• tlw1
    hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

You are absolutely correct on where I was
  • hopkinb
    tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

:D

I've done it myself after a hard ride (obviously not a patch on an ultra on foot). Sat on a bar stool to rehydrate (should that be dehydrate) and replace lost carbohydrates, then been literally unable to get down without assistance! Your fenix knew this...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Doesn't the elbow movement activate this thing?!
    Apparently, a pint of ale is a very good way to rehydrate. But listen up guys and dolls, its' A pint of ale.

Wind has dropped. Wood has been brought in. Swept the drive - 3 wheel barrows full of leaves and debris.
    Must shower and have more coffee.

Plus ca change as far as the web is concerned.
    If LincolnDave is taking over the daily thread, can you at least add some obscurity/song titles and general bollox please?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    edited November 2019
    hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

:D

I've done it myself after a hard ride (obviously not a patch on an ultra on foot). Sat on a bar stool to rehydrate (should that be dehydrate) and replace lost carbohydrates, then been literally unable to get down without assistance! Your fenix knew this...
    Or when you try and walk down stairs which ends up a rather ungraceful controlled falling because your legs suddenly turn into spaghetti.

Oh reminds me, tried my new saddle last night, I'm now a Brooks convert!
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    pinno said:

If LincolnDave is taking over the daily thread, can you at least add some obscurity/song titles and general bollox please?

Pinno, I am just standing in for a few days whilst sungod gets his act together, but until he returns I will try harder with more original titles and the general bollox :)
  • hopkinb
    edited November 2019

whilst sungod gets his act together...

I fear he is lost to us for ever. No more will our mornings be graced with the eclectic mix of Egyptology, obscure Greek myth, mild felinophilia (especially of the species felis tabbius), quantum physics, the Vietnam war and dub reggae.

No more tawny, no more orangettes, no more tartare et ta-ta.

Worst of all, no more early bail.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Started out just plain cold this morning but it's now gone vile. Cold, raining and windy with the sort of dark grey cloud cover that makes you think the sun has set already. Glad I'm not riding today.

At least I got my phone switched over to my new provider without losing my old number or contacts etc. Might get a new phone soon as mine is ancient.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    hopkinb said:

whilst sungod gets his act together...

I fear he is lost to us for ever. No more will our mornings be graced with the eclectic mix of Egyptology, obscure Greek myth, mild felinophilIa (especially of the species felis tabbius), quantum physics, the Vietnam war and dub reggae.

No more tawny, no more orangettes, no more tartare et tata.

Worst of all, no more early bail.
    Sungod did go awol for a quite some time when he reached 5,000 posts but then came back again - he can't resist I think.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Despite all of my best attempts, an early finish will not be on the cards.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432

pinno said:

Pinno, I am just standing in for a few days whilst sungod gets his act together, but until he returns I will try harder with more original titles and the general bollox :)
    now that the chrome extension is muting the hideous glare, i may have a go

been quite busy, need to get things done in some 'interesting' countries, delightful combination of profound corruption, borked infrastructure, pestilence, daesh and several other bunches of armed loons

on the plus side, mrs s just surprised me with a bubbly advent calendar! resisting the urge to peek, will need to decide where to fit it into the days
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    edited November 2019
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day here, my beautiful assistant gets back tomorrow so whilst I will still be busy I won't be quite as snowed under. Quite enjoying watching a bit of internal sniping from my former boss aimed at the phucktard I keep telling how to do his job.
    If the MFs were here they'd have a hashtag for Sungod, does that mean we need a hashtag for the MFs?
    #prayforsungod, #prayforthemfs, #whatswithallthehashtags, #canihaveshinybikeiftheresaproblem
  • step83
    Well, been a rather angry afternoon. had a double glazing company trying to shaft me to replace the front door. Went to cancel an they tried pulling the "We only have a 7 day cooling off period" on me.
    Quick chat with CAB confirmed they are talking anal fluids its 14 days. One nice legal letter sent. now pray I can get the money back off the deposit :(
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    #prayforMF'sneighbours
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!