Manky Monday

Morning, pouring down here when will it end, even the dog did not want to go out , looks a day for the trainer again
Have a good week

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Wet here too. Too tired for sports today after going out yesterday in the snow.
    It's suddenly got manky in the office - a load of people have just got in coughing their guts up. Luckily I'm heading back outside shortly.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Anyone seen or been in touch with Sungod ?
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    He did comment somewhere couple days ago. Not a fan of the new format.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    But SG has magical powers and is at the top of the matrix, so he can change it at will.

new forum, kill, lab, webex, coffee, early bail.

Gopping out there.
    Waiting for shiny bits in post.

Might have to put on the woodburner early and gaze at my navel.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wet here too, doesn't really matter though as any form of two wheeled activity is out of the window for a while.

Probably dealing with a stroppy teenager later who, because he couldn't be arsed to come clothes shopping on Sunday has also decided he wants to stay at home sulking instead of coming to Vegas on Wednesday.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    WFH which is a blessing after a heavy weekend
  • Surprisingly warm day after a breezy start. Still didn't achieve much. Delivering car tomorrow to buyer, so just collecting the bits and pieces.

Painting was scheduled this afternoon, but cancelled. Had purchased a giant drum of it last week in prep. Noticed today when we went to use it that the store muppet had forgotten to actually open the tin and add the colour tint. He'd printed the colour label and stuck that on the can at least...

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Dry here, you lot must be up north under the floods.

Anyway bored, train shortly to uuston (as office minion put it in an email) going to annoy some people then dive into a Brooks dealer.
    Hopefully back before the rush.

I think the new layout is putting people off, I'm certainly not a fan of it.
  • step83 said:

Dry here, you lot must be up north under the floods.

Anyway bored, train shortly to uuston (as office minion put it in an email) going to annoy some people then dive into a Brooks dealer.
    Hopefully back before the rush.

I think the new layout is putting people off, I'm certainly not a fan of it.

OK, navigation is different, but other than that, it's really not *that* much different. Just very white.

Still the same load of bollox though.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432

Anyone seen or been in touch with Sungod ?

i'm around, but the appearance of the forum is a put-off, if it were heart of darkness, the horror! the horror!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

OK, navigation is different, but other than that, it's really not *that* much different. Just very white.

It is VERY WHITE!

Aren't you on fire? I know Straya is quite a small place ;) , and I know there are wildfires, ergo Wheelspinner must be on fire. Though I seem to recall you're Tasmania, which I have in my head as being a bit like Wales i.e. damp and impossibly remote...

Had to drop my bike at friendly bike shop near Waterloo, as I rounded off the retaining bolt for the front brake pads. Hopefully they can have at it with a hammer, and get it out without me having to replace the calliper. I can't even find a post-mounted front brake version of my callipers online, though I haven't looked very hard. They'd better be able to dig out that bolt...

• step83
    Chrome dark mode plugin, still the actual layout is meh.
  • hopkinb said:

It is VERY WHITE!

Aren't you on fire? I know Straya is quite a small place ;) , and I know there are wildfires, ergo Wheelspinner must be on fire. Though I seem to recall you're Tasmania, which I have in my head as being a bit like Wales i.e. damp and impossibly remote...

Had to drop my bike at friendly bike shop near Waterloo, as I rounded off the retaining bolt for the front brake pads. Hopefully they can have at it with a hammer, and get it out without me having to replace the calliper. I can't even find a post-mounted front brake version of my callipers online, though I haven't looked very hard. They'd better be able to dig out that bolt...

Yes, in Tasmania, so while last week we had some local snowfalls, the rest of the country is alight. We burned last summer though.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Bit moist here this morning although I was too hot with my extra layer by time I pedalled into town. Now it's gone cold but don't really care.

Short week this week as off to Paris on Weds afternoon, not back till Friday evening. terrible things, these junkets paid for by advisors :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    step83 said:

i've been trying this one...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/change-colors/ageghplgcapnfpdhapeemolbmfccclke?hl=en

chrome settings can restrict it's ability to access content to only the target, i.e. the forum - best to avoid extensions that can access everything, and of course it leaves other sites unaffected

extension settings allow changing background/text/link colours

it can't help with the terrible layout, though the source is available so with enough work that could probably be fixed too
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    Yay! :) Rogue retaining bolt removed. Boo! :| Drivetrain falling to bits (which I knew - chain well over 1% stretch, cranks wobbling about in the bb) - may as well pay for someone else to do it, as I won't have the time, and of the required bits, I only have a chain in the spares box.

Will have the delight of lovely fresh bits on the bike later though, which will be excellent, though now I'll probably hit some oily leaves and fall off.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Sungod
    i'm around, but the appearance of the forum is a put-off, if it were heart of darkness, the horror! the horror!

Nice to know you are still alive and pedalling Sungod, how,s those lovely lightweight wheels
  • step83
    sungod said:

step83 said:

i've been trying this one...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/change-colors/ageghplgcapnfpdhapeemolbmfccclke?hl=en

chrome settings can restrict it's ability to access content to only the target, i.e. the forum - best to avoid extensions that can access everything, and of course it leaves other sites unaffected

extension settings allow changing background/text/link colours

it can't help with the terrible layout, though the source is available so with enough work that could probably be fixed too

Mmm, vert true, amusingly the new layout is more livable on a mobile device than a desktop, the opposite of the old.
    Still guff anyway hell it makes Team and Confluence look nice.

Anyway returning from the smoke with a nice new saddle and some nonsense brochures from a meeting. Had to get a silly train so it stops at pretty much every because it saves me going into MK when the stations 10 minutes from the house.
  • Afternoon. Yep new forum format grim, wouldn't be surprised to see number of postings now fall off a cliff.
    Thought about turbo session then thought fuck it, open bottle of vino collapse instead.

Was right decision.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb said:

Will have the delight of lovely fresh bits on the bike later though, which will be excellent, though now I'll probably hit some oily leaves and fall off.

Clickety click. Fresh drivetrain goodness. I love my bike. :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Go settings > themes and appearance and fiddle with the contrast?
    Unless you have a Dell like me that has a 'night mode' which comes on at a preset time and dulls the screen.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!