Slippery Saturday

Morning, well after all of the rain , it’s now freezing I nearly went over whilstout with Tigger, besides that club ride at 9 o’clock , out for a couple of jars later
Have a good weekend

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    It's a bit nippy here too. I was planning on riding to park run but not sure now, might go for a nose outside to see how icy it is, might be as n MTB job.
    Going out for lunch later, not my idea, but someone else is paying.

In other news someone had half their bike stolen from our locked basement at work the other day. More reasons not to ride to work I think, or to find somewhere else to work.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    edited November 2019
    Just ride a hack to work like VN does. Nick one at the railway station.

Yesterday clear, crisp and sunny. Not a cloud in the sky. Last night - moon, frost and now rain @ 2 deg c. Lovely.

Today i'll be mowstly sorting the woodburner thingy. The apertures where it fits have slowly disintegrated and it falls over now.
    Need to cut out 40mm x 40mm to allow the handle to clear it and weld 2 tabs on the piece of L steel 80 x 80 x 385mm.
    Then light the burner and hibernate for the day.

Shorty thought the picture was boring and needed a Reindeer.

seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,675
    Freezing fog has lifted. Heavy rain due in an hour for the rest of the day. I ain't going out. I have never liked November.
  • thistle_
    pinno said:

Doesn't solve the problem of not being able to get in to the place because pizza express dickheads keep blocking the doors. Might borrow a tank one day.

MTB was a good call, there's an inch of snow on the ground now since parkrun. I expect it's bonkers up at llandegla.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    pinno said:

Yesterday clear, crisp and sunny. Not a cloud in the sky. Last night - moon, frost and now rain @ 2 deg c. Lovely.

Today i'll be mowstly sorting the woodburner thingy. The apertures where it fits have slowly disintegrated and it falls over now.
    Need to cut out 40mm x 40mm to allow the handle to clear it and weld 2 tabs on the piece of L steel 80 x 80 x 385mm.
    Then light the burner and hibernate for the day.

Shorty thought the picture was boring and needed a Reindeer.

Norwegian reindeer is suitable for today's weather, no snow though.

Odds an ends day doing random jobs, then also partaking in hibernation.

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    orraloon said:

Freezing fog has lifted. Heavy rain due in an hour for the rest of the day. I ain't going out. I have never liked November.

+1 November is a bit pants as months go. I'd give the prize to January if it wasnt for the chance of skiing.

Done a few collections and drop offs and now enjoying bacon sarnie and coffee at the local cafe. Forecast to tank down this afternoon so best get outdoor stuff done soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start has been enjoyed. Knackered after a busy day at the NEC yesterday. Didn’t even have time to eat anything until I got on the train home. Had a pint at Euston before heading back across town.
    Good bike for work most days now Piña, we finally got a bike rack installed inside the warehouse. Still take a hack if I have to lock up somewhere, a good hack should look unloved but work well.
    More sofa shopping shortly, hopefully the females will decide on one today.
  • thistle_

Still take a hack if I have to lock up somewhere, a good hack should look unloved but work well.

And go a lot faster than it looks like it should ;)

• thistle_
    Looks like Sungod's been busy with his new line of Christmas baubles this year
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862

MTB was a good call, there's an inch of snow on the ground now since parkrun. I expect it's bonkers up at llandegla.

Llandegla was indeed bonkers, but much fun, especially on the way there and back in the snow with the only 4x4 between my mate and I. I adore his e63s :)

Tidy house and light the log burners ready for a party later for my birthday
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

Llandegla was indeed bonkers, but much fun, especially on the way there and back in the snow with the only 4x4 between my mate and I. I adore his e63s :)

I want to give The Panzer a try in the snow but it won't be very fast...also need some snow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Snow? Fugginell. That's a bit much. Been tennis, dropped mini at a party. Went up taaahhhn. Sat on sofas. Bought sofa. Left Mrs H3 to go carousing with her mates.Took the boy shopping in and around Soho. Dumped the boy back at flat, collected mini from a party, went to look at the house, got my hairs cut, went to the supermarket. Got home, realised there's no beer in the house, so going to have to go back out in this filthsome weather.
  • hopkinb
    tlw1 said:

Is it your birthday today? If so, many happy returns!

I seem to recall last year's party involved heroic quantities of liquor. I assume the same this year? Keeping out that november chill..
  • thistle_
    hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

I seem to recall last year's party involved heroic quantities of liquor. I assume the same this year? Keeping out that november chill..
    Justifiable as antifreeze around these parts today.
    Snow peaked at 2" here, melting away now.
  • pinno
    2" of snow? Shropshire or Cheshire?

When are you moving home H alt 0179?
  • hopkinb
    Next weekend Pinno. Couple weeks decorating while we are back, but watertight, heating/hot water plus working kitchen and bathroom by Friday. Only a week late, because a plumber disappeared on holiday, so no underfloor heating to dry out the screed above it.
  • pinno said:

2" of snow? Shropshire or Cheshire?

When are you moving home H alt 0179?

I'm using a Mac (are you?) and the alt0179 thing fails on these as well. I've set an auto text replace for "H3" to be "H3" because the only time I'll type that string is on these pages, but it will replace it everywhere which may be a pain.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    Though, I don't know where you would use a capital H on it's own.
  • pinno said:

It is the measurement for the unit of coil inductance "Henry", so an electrical engineer writing technical documents might describe something as a 2.1 H coil. AFAIK there is no such thing as a Cubic Henry unit of inductance.

But yes you could just replace H with the superscript formatted version H3
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    edited November 2019

pinno said:

It is the measurement for the unit of coil inductance "Henry", so an electrical engineer writing technical documents might describe something as a 2.1 H coil. AFAIK there is no such thing as a Cubic Henry unit of inductance.

But yes you could just replace H with the superscript formatted version H3
    50,000 windings with 500 amps running through it?

Talking of which, my sparky mate restored an old ('81) 2 stroke Honda. The stator coil was shagged and a replacement £350+.
    So he re did the winding himself. 1500 on 1 coil and 1500 on the other...

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862

hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

All things considered, tonight was ferkin nuts but fun
  • Stevo_666
    tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

Happy birthday - next stop Hawaii? ;)
  • pinno
    Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

Happy birthday - next stop The transplant unit? ;)
  • Stevo_666
    pinno said:

Stevo_666 said:

tlw1 said:

hopkinb said:

tlw1 said:

Happy birthday - next stop The transplant unit? ;)
    Implant, surely - as he doesn't have one currently?