Is this a Brian Rourke bike?

Hi - i bought this bike as a genuine Brian Rourke. It came from a friend who bought it from a semi-pro racer he knows. So I have no reason to suspect it's some kind of fake.
But some people have suggested it's not a Rourke bike.
Is anyone able to tell me - or suggest what it might be?
thanks
Ben.

Comments

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    There might be a frame number under the bottom bracket, if so contact Rourkes and ask them if it’s one of theirs.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    My money is on it not being a handbuilt Rourke - although the frame itself may well have been supplied by them. Shops often put their logos on unbranded frames from the far east. Either way, it looks reasonably well specced. Some of that kit (the Delta brakes, for eg) would go well on ebay..
  • Not sure about this one - I was under the impression that Rourkes always had seatstays that 'wrapped around' the seattube/toptube junction, rather than just welded onto the seattube as this one is. This may be a recent thing though, so not 100% sure.

Like this (if this image works)

• thank you all. Yes, i'd heard about the Rourke seatstays (yes, Image works - thanks).
    And I'll have a look for a frame number.
    Thanks for all your help.
    I don't suppose there's a way i can find out what it actually is if it's not a Rourke?
    thanks
  • bmxboy10
    bmxboy10 Posts: 1,958
    ask them....
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Not very hi-res pictures, but the welding/ brazing looks a bit ham fisted to me to be a Rourke...

PP
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    The frame appears to be aluminium, not steel - and I'm not sure if Rourke ever hand built in aluminium. Whether Rourke sold and/or re-badged OEM frames like this (as a lot of shops did) is another question.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    I don't reckon it's a Rourke. But depending how much was paid, you might have a good deal still... Campagnolo Deltas.
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Kind of looks like someone's just had it resprayed with Rourke decals. Where are the frame material stickers ? They should be there if it's proper surely ?

But yeah - Delta brakes. Shexy. I'd polish them and put them on the wall.