Flooded Friday

Morning, at least the rain has stopped, needed a pair of wellies to wear for the dog walk earlier, doubt they if I will be on the bike today,
Be careful out there in the wet

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Very wet out there, so might not take the fun bike out later and run instead - save cleaning the bike before saturdays Llandegla fun
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    What is this wetness of which you all speak? Bloody cold out, fog and frost in the hollows of Wandsworth common. Beautiful sunshine has broken through now.

Head down, nearly the weekend.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Started raining on the way in, water runs downhill so the Sheffield floods will come eventually.
    No hint of sun been advised of a pub based outing later so I think I shall partake.
  • On a train to mdx uni. Unfortunately I got the wrong date on my ticket when I booked it so had to buy a new one on the train...
  • A fun filled few days for me, todays biggest purchase is some dollars to blow on poker tables and strippers.
    Off to Leeds tonight to see Gerry Cinnamon.
    Saturday, inventory check
    Sunday, buy new inventory from Trafford Centre
    Monday, do some work
    Tuesday, wander around excited and bail early.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    Question for those in the smoggy end, is the outer ring on Regents park still doable as a circuit route? Theres a decent change I'll be down that way for a week or two soon.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, bright and sunny here. Yesterday was damp, I was up north looking at some dreadful forestry so I'm in the office today considering how to strike. Off early today to go and pack the bike up, leaving at 2am which is quite uncivilised.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831

A fun filled few days for me, todays biggest purchase is some dollars to blow on poker tables and strippers.
    Off to Leeds tonight to see Gerry Cinnamon.
    Saturday, inventory check
    Sunday, buy new inventory from Trafford Centre
    Monday, do some work
    Tuesday, wander around excited and bail early.

I bet GC Is fantastic live!
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    edited November 2019
    Biblical rain/floods here(Sheffield) yesterday.Shoppers had to sleep in Meadowhall Shopping centre!
    Got up this morning and Sunny so went for a quick 25 miles........bloody cold :o
    Looking like rain again now :#
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    No rain here in the sub-tropical South East. Just grey and murky.

Doing a spot of work while trying to tune out from the dulcet tones of HMG (hot marketing girl) who's sitting nearby. Will bunk off early for a quick pint on the way home.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    step83 said:

Question for those in the smoggy end, is the outer ring on Regents park still doable as a circuit route? Theres a decent change I'll be down that way for a week or two soon.

yes, but unless you do it in the dark the window of opportunity is now small if you want a chance to do sustained hard laps

by 0930-ish there tend to be more cars parking, doing u-turns, 5/6/7-point turns, flinging open doors etc., mostly along the zoo side, plus idiots jogging into the road without
    looking

i've noticed in the last couple of years a few real idiots now ride there as well, no hand signals with the consequence that mid/tail of groups can end up swerving/squeezing others

but it's the only place in central london really

btw the inner circle was resurfaced, doing that ccw is another option, less traffic, no lights, but still need to watch out for people not looking

forum still looks cack

meh
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    sungod said:

step83 said:

yes, but unless you do it in the dark the window of opportunity is now small if you want a chance to do sustained hard laps

by 0930-ish there tend to be more cars parking, doing u-turns, 5/6/7-point turns, flinging open doors etc., mostly along the zoo side, plus idiots jogging into the road without
    looking

i've noticed in the last couple of years a few real idiots now ride there as well, no hand signals with the consequence that mid/tail of groups can end up swerving/squeezing others

but it's the only place in central london really

btw the inner circle was resurfaced, doing that ccw is another option, less traffic, no lights, but still need to watch out for people not looking

forum still looks cack

meh
    Cheers, may try the inner circle, that said I don't mind getting up early early to get the laps in. Just need to remember to bring lights and fit the light mount. Might bring the silly dayglo orange bike to offend some people. Least no one can say they couldn't see me
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    i used to do it 4-5 in the morning, with a good front light it's ok (unlit road in parts)

the road gates are closed then so there's almost no traffic, though i once was surprised by a car running with no lights (porsche so probably doggers), also watch out for squirrels this time of the year
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod said:

(porsche so probably doggers)

I wouldn't be surprised, it's the sort of thing Porsche owners get up to.
  • step83
    4-5 sounds about ideal I have a powerful front light and a rear light I can chuck on, squirrels are fine used to anything from a slug upto a red stag an everything between. Though Porsche driving doggers would be different, its usually astra's up here, you get a better class of dogger then in Regents :D
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb said:

sungod said:

(porsche so probably doggers)

I wouldn't be surprised, it's the sort of thing Porsche owners get up to.
    Can't think who you're referring to :D
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    step83 said:

You'll be doing laps pretty close to my office. Thankfully I don't have to cross the road round Regents Park.