New fox enduro pads rubbish?

I had an old set of these from around 3 years ago. Absolutely loved them, loads of protection and comfy as hell so when they wore through I thought it makes great sense to just purchase the same again. But these new style ones with the mesh netting seem to have much thinner pads and much less protection. They feel much cheaper compared to the old ones and already look,ike they won’t last as long. Anyone think the same?
It matters not, win or lose, it's how you ride the bike

Comments

• steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    Do they stop you OK?
    Did you bed them in before serious use?
    I don't know the pads, but Fox have a very good brand name and they are unlikely to be total carp. Why not stick with them and see what you get out of them? Then you can do us all a service by feeding back how good/bad they were! :)

PS: I fitted a pair of my usual pads (brand new) on my spare bike ready for a mate to borrow as he was visiting without a bike. I didn't have time to bed in the brake pads, but at the time, I thought it wouldn't matter that much. How wrong I was! It was a wet ride and in 11 miles he went through the pads to the metal backing, and destroyed the springs too. The discs were scored as well! He said later that he didn't complain about the braking at the time because he didn't want to sound ungrateful! :'(
  • david7m
    david7m Posts: 636

Do they stop you OK?
    Did you bed them in before serious use?
    I don't know the pads, but Fox have a very good brand name and they are unlikely to be total carp. Why not stick with them and see what you get out of them? Then you can do us all a service by feeding back how good/bad they were! :)

PS: I fitted a pair of my usual pads (brand new) on my spare bike ready for a mate to borrow as he was visiting without a bike. I didn't have time to bed in the brake pads, but at the time, I thought it wouldn't matter that much. How wrong I was! It was a wet ride and in 11 miles he went through the pads to the metal backing, and destroyed the springs too. The discs were scored as well! He said later that he didn't complain about the braking at the time because he didn't want to sound ungrateful! :'(

Thought this thread about knee or elbow pads?
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Sounds like a senior moment your having there Steve, what with pads in the brakes, on your knees, on your elbows, on your bum and where you might store your bike, it's a lot of pads.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • steve_sordy
    Oh dear! :#
    I hurt my back today and I blame the painkillers!
  • david7m

Lol
    Pad knowledge spot on as normal :wink:
  • steve_sordy
    I've read it all again and it's still embarrassing! :#
  • david7m
    I thought it was funny, I kept checking the OP incase I was having a nightmare :blush:
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812

Given the effect they had, name and dosage should be provided, purely for research purposes you understand!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • steve_sordy

Given the effect they had, name and dosage should be provided, purely for research purposes you understand!

I use Ibuprofen 400mg and take one every 4 hrs. This is double the dose stated on the pack!
    Warning! Ibuprofen can cause stomach bleeds in those susceptible and the doubling up was on the advice of my doctor. o:)