Comments

• r0bh
    r0bh Posts: 2,163
    Kiry has extended with Ineos for 2020
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    r0bh wrote:

Good news, I thought it had been reported he was going to retire.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    r0bh wrote:
    Henao Jr as well (and 2021 for him)
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,550
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,439
    Gweeds wrote:

As irritating as i find him at times and as much as i wish he'd retire, there's no one i would be happier to see succeed in 2020.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,550
    You have to imagine there are some funky new bikes on the way if McLaren are co-sponsor
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Gweeds wrote:

Great news :D
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Is there a lead out train in place for him...?
    Half man, Half bike
  • Ridgerider wrote:
    Is there a lead out train in place for him...?

Probably not.
    Results in the UAE Tour (23-29 Feb) might be a high priority so no need for a lead out there.
    If he can hold his 6 day form through to March, I could see him doing Tirreno-Adriatico (11-17 March), then having a good dig at MSR (March 21)
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    Matt Holmes, who has ridden for Madison Genesis for the past few years, is joining Lotto-Soudal on a two year deal. He's had some decent results this year, but that's still a big step up for him.
  • Gweeds wrote:
    You have to imagine there are some funky new bikes on the way if McLaren are co-sponsor
    Why? Merida makes the best bikes in the peloton already, just ask Rohan Dennis.

Heinrich Haussler will be more excited for Cav moving across than anyone. This is a brilliant signing.
    Supporter of Sky, transparency and clean cycling. Opponent of pseudoscience.

The greatest clean cycling performance ever http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eiN2vfGKhk
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    Gweeds wrote:
    Why? Merida makes the best bikes in the peloton already, just ask Rohan Dennis.

Heinrich Haussler will be more excited for Cav moving across than anyone. This is a brilliant signing.

Merida make stuff that wins as well as their own bikes. just ask specialized.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash Posts: 5,551
    edited October 2019
  • RichN95.
    I've not seen it mentioned, but Adam Blythe has retired. He's only done one race for Lotto since June so I image his best offer was from Eurosport where he's been a big hit.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    You've got to give him credit.

Taken a mediocre hand and played it brilliantly over the years. A few cracking victories and a few riders that owe him some famous ones. If only Cav had sat on his wheel in Doha.....

Now he's managed to perfectly set up a flourishing career in the cyclo-media.

Good on him!
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,069
    ddraver said:

You've got to give him credit.

Taken a mediocre hand and played it brilliantly over the years. A few cracking victories and a few riders that owe him some famous ones. If only Cav had sat on his wheel in Doha.....

Now he's managed to perfectly set up a flourishing career in the cyclo-media.

Good on him!

Mediocre is a bit harsh, what he lacked in watts he made up for with race craft. One of the reasons Gilbert took him to BMC was because Blythe was so good at moving around the bunch and sensing when it was time to move forwards.

I agree on the rest - his podcast series with the Cycling Podcast were fascinating.
  • RichN95.
    Andre Greipel to Israel Academy
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    James Shaw to Riwal-Readynez.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    We done the Trentin move to CCC?
  • dish_dash
    Sam Bennett has finally been released by Bora. So expect the DQS press release confirming his being hired shortly.
  • ddraver
    Good!

It's fine to want to become Team Germany but not while holding your biggest rival hostage!
    - @ddraver
  • Harry Tanfield to AG2R. Not sure why but something tells me her will do well there
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Reading the article on CN about the recruitment strategy of DD/NTT, is anyone else slightly excited by the fact that they are primarily recruiting based on deep diving into rider data and using AI analysis to spot future potential...?
    Half man, Half bike
  • dish_dash
    Canyon to Arkea
  • ddraver
    ...huh
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    dish_dash said:

Canyon to Arkea

Paving the way for MVDP perhaps? Guaranteed invites to ASO races.
  • dish_dash
    RichN95. said:

dish_dash said:

Canyon to Arkea

Paving the way for MVDP perhaps? Guaranteed invites to ASO races.
    Potentially... and following Quintana, which I'm surprised about!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,244
    edited November 2019
    Wonder how long it is till Canyon fire up their own team.
  • ocdupalais
    ocdupalais Posts: 4,224

Harry Tanfield to AG2R. Not sure why but something tells me her will do well there

https://cyclingnews.com/news/ag2r-la-mondiale-hit-the-alps-for-pre-season-camp-gallery/

Already a contender for The Dullest Looking Pre-season Get Together Award.
  • I don't know. I like Vaujany.