Tuesday - The explosive edition

Forum's still a mess, anyway its blow up parliament day!

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    If we blow up parliament what do we do for satire?
  • Flooring dude in today, and as usual for a tradesman had a radio going loud all day tuned to a really crap station.

Spent the day fettling in the shed to avoid it. Swapped out a fork to test on MTB which appeared to be better, so did the proper fix: new headset, bled brakes, changed bars. Not happy with brakes still, another go needed. Grrrrrr.

Delivery arrived with a derailleur hanger tool, will give that a go tomorrow maybe.

Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Had a pool session at 6.30 this morning, not ideal after a bad nights sleep but never mind.

Trip dahn sarf tomorrow, trip across east this afternoon.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    tlw1 said:

If we blow up parliament what do we do for satire?

House of Lords?
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, another windy and wet day here on the east side of the country, could really do with getting in the garden
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    oxoman said:

Afternoon all. Work then sleep later. Currently running around sorting other people's shite.

I thought you worked in a brick works, not a sewage plant. ;)

Discovered bike had a flat rear tyre on my way out of the door, decided it would be quicker to change into a suit than change a tube, especially as I need to buy a track pump. Day hasn't really improved much since then...
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Not a bad day on the work front - may need to mete out summary justice to some insubordinate subsidiaries, sungod stylee. Spent lunch talking to a financial advisor which was really 'exciting', but at least means less to think about in future.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Does someone need smiting Stevo? There's someone here that needs it but it's not my place to do it unfortunately. I'm just doing my bit right and pointing out his errors to him, when it goes pear shaped and questions ask I'll be very helpful with all the information then sit back and laugh.
    Lots to do this week and I'm out for the day on Friday. Work unfortunately, traipsing around the hellhole that is the NEC. Out for a teambuilding meal and drinks this evening. Due to my current lack of pub hack I commandeered the daughter's dutch bike. The chap on a road bike I overtook on the way in wasn't best pleased. Nearly blew my lungs inside out recovering from that effort.
    Time for more coffee soon.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164

Afternoon folks,
    Does someone need smiting Stevo? There's someone here that needs it but it's not my place to do it unfortunately. I'm just doing my bit right and pointing out his errors to him, when it goes pear shaped and questions ask I'll be very helpful with all the information then sit back and laugh.

They sure do V. I take no satisfaction from the fact that they are lazy Germans who think they can d1ck around with the company that owns them and are currently unaware that the Group CFO is ready to get medieval on them >:)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]