Where do I get the best deals for bearings?

Lately, I've been wondering where I would be able to get the best deals for bearings.
I'm not in need of anything right now but it's always good to have some places in mind other than Amazon or Ebay.

Do you guys know of any online stores with quality stuff and good prices?

Let me know!

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Depends what sort of bearings.

For mtb pivot bearings, loose ball bearings and wheel bearings I get them from an online/physical bearing shop. They're generic items so just get something cheap and half decent just watch out for more expensive "bike specific" versions of the same thing.
    I've never found bike specific ones to last any longer than generic ones (e.g Enduro) although some people swear by them.
    Sometimes you can get good deals on eBay for a pack of pivot bearings for a frame but you don't know whether the bearings are decent or just cheap crap. I don't buy them off eBay any more after being sent the wrong ones by an eBay shop that was recommended on here, so ended up having to go out to the local bearing merchant for the missing ones.

Headset cartridge bearings I usually get from one of the online bike shops. If you do a bit of research you'll probably find a generic version of the bearing which is cheaper at the likes of JE James or SJS cycles.
    Bottom brackets you just need to hunt around online for deals. HT2 can often be found on sale pretty cheap and BB30 aren't that expensive either. Again, do some research as often you don't need the one specific to your bike you just need one that fits.

Sometimes you are stuck with getting genuine branded replacents as there's no generic one available. I'm not sure if it's still the case but Hope Pro 3 or 4 hubs had a bearing you could only get from Hope.
  • I have used Aire Bearings on EBay for (generic) headset bearings. I say genericas they are but they sell them by "headset size" making it easy

Reasonably priced, good range of sizes and quick delivery

I have no affiliation
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,597
    Why not simply type the bearing designation into Google shopping?
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • I have used Aire Bearings on EBay for (generic) headset bearings. I say genericas they are but they sell them by "headset size" making it easy

Reasonably priced, good range of sizes and quick delivery

I have no affiliation

This ....I live locally to Aire Bearings
  • What type of bearings though. Hub, headset or bb. With hub and bb bearing it's best going for ntn, skf or ina. With headset w
    Your stuck with who ever makes that size. Airevelobearings is good place to start. Deals. There are jo deals on bearings. If you ever see them at a discount it because they're shit bearings.
    www.thecycleclinic.co.uk
  • Depends what sort of bearings.

Sometimes you are stuck with getting genuine branded replacents as there's no generic one available. I'm not sure if it's still the case but Hope Pro 3 or 4 hubs had a bearing you could only get from Hope.

Latest Hope road hubs use 17 x 28 x 7, all 4 of them... they can be sourced from many suppliers, although there aren't many brands available.

left the forum March 2023
  • https://hambini.com
    This guy knows his stuff and if you're not sure just send him an email and he'll help you out.
    His EweToob channel is worth a watch too.