Brand x ht01

Hello first great forum loads of help and advice. Never built a mtb before and wanted to learn as much as i can in the progress. I use it for abit of everything trail, tarmac etc

Comments

• Love those frames..Nice bike mate!
  • Love those frames..Nice bike mate!

Thanks mate im really happy with how it turned out
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    edited November 2019
    Nice bike!

I bought one of those frames to build a slightly longer/slacker/more aggressive HT. Previous frame was a 2006 Stumpjumper with 90mm forks. Swapped most stuff over.

Although a 650B frame, I put my 26" wheels on it with 140mm forks. I love it. It is now my new winter hack and the FS can get a winter service and stay out of the muck.

Can't fault it for £80.

"Ride, crash, replace"
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,446
    That's not mud! That's just a temporary colour change!
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Still running 26er wheels on my bird zero mk 1 frame. why not if they are still working great.

Plenty of clearance in muddy weather lol. must get a dropper post for it next.
  • swod1 said:

Still running 26er wheels on my bird zero mk 1 frame. why not if they are still working great.

Plenty of clearance in muddy weather lol. must get a dropper post for it next.

Yeah - I do find it funny how suddenly 26" aren't cool/round enough for people.

Like you say - mud clearance is good and with 2 sets of perfectly good 26" wheels, I'm not planning on changing anything.

Dropper post really helps actually and makes the bike more versatile over different terrain. Didn't appreciate the difference it can make.

"Ride, crash, replace"