End of the season team clearance

ivanoile
ivanoile Posts: 202
edited October 2019 in Road buying advice
Is there any clearance from pro teams (tour or continental) going on for clothing?

To add more info, I'm looking to renew my summer clothing for the next season, but some warmers or additional long sleeve jersey is also welcome. Missed on discounts in the local shops as they already sold or returned their items, so I know that some teams used to do clearouts at the end of the season

Comments

• giropaul
    giropaul Posts: 414
    Wanty Group Gobert had a big sale this weekend, in their service de course warehouse. Generally that’s how it’s done in my experience, fans and followers of the team get notified on Facebook etc. It’s usually a turn up and buy, not an on line process. Great if you live in Belgium where loads of teams are based, but no opportunity really in the U.K.
    Other stuff leaks out via Facebook etc - for instance The St Piran team owner is selling Colnagos from this year.
    Remember, almost all teams are owned by a company or owner other than the sponsor, so it’s them who will be selling un- needed stuff to recoup costs.
  • DeVlaeminck
    DeVlaeminck Posts: 8,719
    There was a site selling a load of Sky and a couple of other teams' clothing - I think old stock rather than stuff that the actual team had left over but it was cheap - can't remember (useful I know) but I saw it on this forum so maybe someone else can help ?
    [Castle Donington Ladies FC - going up in '22]
  • janwal
    janwal Posts: 489
    viewtopic.php?f=40013&t=13108351
    Think this is the topic.
  • ivanoile
    janwal wrote:

Thanks, used for couple of baselayers and some other things. Still, "best" stuff is already sold out :(

But sites like this, I know Sportful had some discount for Bora and Merida merchandise before, last year they also had some kind of clearout in November.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    I bought some Mitchelton Scott kit from this places ebay store:

https://proownedcycling.com/

Very fast despatch, good comms, and a return (I ordered two sizes) was dealt with efficiently.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • ivanoile
    Daniel B wrote:
    I bought some Mitchelton Scott kit from this places ebay store:

https://proownedcycling.com/

Very fast despatch, good comms, and a return (I ordered two sizes) was dealt with efficiently.

Thanks, looks great with offerings of smaller teams also.