Favourite Music Quotes (for a Wall)

2»

Comments

• Chris Bass wrote:
    I do coke / so i can work harder / so i can earn more / so i can do more coke

Kill the noise fan?

Aware of him/ them but learned about the song through Feed Me, although some of the stuff is a bit heavy for my liking.

Two of my favourite tracks of his are Love Is All I Got and Strange Behaviour are just fantastic in my eyes (or ears?), but I do like some of the heavier stuff too. I guess I'm quite particular.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Chris Bass wrote:
    I do coke / so i can work harder / so i can earn more / so i can do more coke

Kill the noise fan?

Aware of him/ them but learned about the song through Feed Me, although some of the stuff is a bit heavy for my liking.

Two of my favourite tracks of his are Love Is All I Got and Strange Behaviour are just fantastic in my eyes (or ears?), but I do like some of the heavier stuff too. I guess I'm quite particular.

i'm sort of the other way around - just checking those songs out now, really liking it. think i have my music sorted for the next few hours at work :)
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Longshot wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    I was so happy every morning when I woke up that I was pi**ing smiley faces. - Nikki Sixx

It would be too much for me to deal with to be sitting up there next to God, Bon Scott, Sid Vicious, and Jimi Hendrix, and hear somebody read my obituary from below: NIKKI SIXX DIED TODAY...F***ING GOLFING - Nikki Sixx

Were they from the real Nikki Sixx or the other one?

Motley Crue Nikki Sixx
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    "Goethe described architecture as Frozen Music,

We like to think of our music as defrosted architecture"

(Flanders and Swann)
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    mrfpb wrote:
    "Goethe described architecture as Frozen Music,

We like to think of our music as defrosted architecture"

(Flanders and Swann)

Goethe eh?

Paddy goes for a job on a building site, it goes well and at the end of the interview the foreman says “well Paddy, you know your stuff. One final question - what’s the difference between joist and girder?” Paddy thinks for a moment. “Could it be sor, that Joyce wrote Ulysses and Goethe wrote Theory Of Colours?”

Btw whoever copied the words to Time [Floyd] could have saved a bit of space by aiming straight for

And then one day you find, 10 years have got behind you. No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.
  • CiB
    CiB Posts: 6,098
    Always liked Barclay James Harvest's line.

And when all the words have gone, there’s the thought to carry on.

The World Goes On, on Octoberon. Marvellous.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    All lies and jest, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.

So true in today’s political climate
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • bonk_king
    bonk_king Posts: 277
    That's entertainment by The Jam ( Paul Weller). The whole song is pure poetry. It deserves a plaque of its own.
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,208
    Rap is spelled with a silent c - George Harrison (I think)
  • Shouldn't they be quotes / lines of pieces of music the OP likes not the thoughts of others?

But as everyone else has had a go I'll throw in

"If You Ain't Gonna Get It On, Take Your Dead Ass Home" by Funkadelic.
  • [And then one day you find, 10 years have got behind you. No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

Damn. You got in before me.

True on so many levels.
  • redjeepǃ
    redjeepǃ Posts: 531
    Shouldn't they be quotes / lines of pieces of music the OP likes not the thoughts of others?

But as everyone else has had a go I'll throw in

"If You Ain't Gonna Get It On, Take Your Dead Ass Home" by Funkadelic.

Yeah, they will be. I'm just looking for inspiration, but the final choice will be from a song that I love. My musical tastes are fairly wide and constantly evolving, ranging from 1950's jazz through the golden era of rock, soul, 'Madchester', funk, grunge etc to some current stuff, but I don't see many deep inspirational lyrics in the current charts (maybe I'm wrong).

Thanks everyone, digging out some great stuff here.
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    '21st Century Schizoid man' might by now be timely though I believe it was penned in the 70's - King Crimson - Court of the Crimson King - must have been even more impressive in its day. :D
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    Don't look back in anger.
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Shortfall wrote:
    Don't look back in anger.

I didn't!
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,844
    He looked a lot like Che Guevara
    Drove a diesel van
    D Bowie
    Panic in Detroit

In my imagination
    There is no complication

:D
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    "Well it's alright, even if you're old and grey,
    Well it's alright, as long as you got something to say"

(B Dylan, G Harrison, R Orbison, T Petty, J Lynne)
    aka The Travelling Wilburys
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    "It's a not so bad, it's a nice a place, ah shaddap a your face".

Because meaningful quotes would be as cheesy as the kind of crap you find made of wooden letters or on crap cushions in shite interiors shops.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,559
    Take your protein pill and put your helmet on...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • redjeepǃ
    redjeepǃ Posts: 531

Take your protein pill and put your helmet on...

Funnily enough, I've never been much of a Bowie fan. Deep respect, but never a big fan,

Thanks everyone.

I reckon that I'll be going with a line from Stairway to Heaven as I'm currently trying to learn it on piano :s

Probably "Yes, there are two paths you can go but in the long run, there's still time to change the road you're on"

I may put this on one shelf and something else on the other, or else split it across the two.

Photos to follow.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,384
    Not the biggest of Springsteen fans but,
    "Is a dream alive if it don't come true,
    or is it something worse?
    "

Is one of my favourite lines ever

Bit emo tho...

Sod it...

"Yo, I'm hung like Planet Pluto,
    hard to see with the naked eye
    but if I crashed in to Uranus,
    I would stick it where the sun don't shine
    ..."
    By the geniuses of The Bloodhound Gang..? ;)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • "Fuck you I don't do what you tell me" Rage Against The Machine
  • Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares?... He’s a mile away and you’ve got his shoes!

— Billy Connolly
  • manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,208
    Lagrange said:

'21st Century Schizoid man' might by now be timely though I believe it was penned in the 70's - King Crimson - Court of the Crimson King - must have been even more impressive in its day. :D

Released 10 October 1969 and yes, it was impressive. Still is for that matter.