sungod Posts: 16,436
edited October 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

only coffee can save the situation, acquire data, visualise, bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, another damp day by the look of it, mainly running around others today
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Should really WFH but haven’t been to an office for a while. No hybrid commute as I’m saving my legs for tomorrow’s run, don’t want to waste the 3.4 miles ( a DNF in a race) training I’ve done in the last month
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Forecast was rain from about 10am but it seems to have started early.
    Might try going to a spin class at the gym for some post work heat stroke if motivation stays high.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Happy damned Fryday. Had to drive the Mrs in which is dull because it's not a bad morning down here. Another busy day ahead, about 20 emails from the septics arrived overnight. I read them and decided they'd have to wait until I can decipher them as more coffee is needed. Lunch at the cafe of course and later is pub with the Mrs and a couple of neighbours.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    in the gym. got pinged for some cover from now until Monday, so next sleep Monday.

i may get grumpy.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • I hate people in the gym on their phones, get off the damn thing and stop sitting on machines hogging them whilst you post pictures of yourself on the internet.

Going to buy some new fancy runnering trainers today, then maybe gym/swim or run depending on what others are up to.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Brr... you lot are still in monsoon warm air, we're in Icelandic air. Funnily enough, first few batches of geese have arrived.

Honk honk.
    (That's Goose for laters)
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • I'd prefer cold and dry to mild and damp to be honest.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,510
    Coffee, WebEx, Data, coffee, WebEx, data, supermarket, complete bike build, turbo, Gin.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Gethinceri wrote:
    Coffee, WebEx, Data, coffee, WebEx, data,
    Are you related to sungod by any chance?

Afternoon All, shortish but busy day in the office, headed home to stick a change clothes in the car then headed North to collect the last of my stuff from the old house. Then no more North east 'till 2020. Bit of a relief, though pity the weather is going to be uniformly shyte for the entire trip.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Tired and CBA already.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Had to work on a Friday. Bleepin' weather. Early bail to miss the worst of the 1/2 term traffic jammed A34. Feeling crackered now. Couple beers and an early night beckon. Definitely getting (or is it just feeling?) old.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Looking at the house/garden refurbishment spreadsheet in horror, especially in light of what I paid for my first house in Cov back in 1998.

Bailing shortly. Weekend of all the usual guff.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Looking at the house/garden refurbishment spreadsheet in horror, especially in light of what I paid for my first house in Cov back in 1998.

Bailing shortly. Weekend of all the usual guff.

thank all things blessed that said "guff". i initially thought it said "golf" and was worried that you had been lying to us all this time and that you were actually ONE OF THEM.

As an aside, a skip lorry has just run over a Mini down the road here. Everyone ok and because its a civvie shout I could meander past rubber necking with the best of them.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Not an original Mini then I guess.

Last week boarding the Shuttle over to Calais and then later on the A16 heading East there was an organised Mini jaunt, various emblems and stickers on the doors, had both old original Minis and current ones. Jings those old school 60s Minis are tiny.

A 1960s bout of skip lorry vs Mini would end diffferently I fear.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Evening, busy day drove down to Partridge Green, swapped the frame drove back (240 mile round trip) bikes nearly build now just need to re index the gears an fit the brake cables bleed them an then put some bar tape on.

Still feel like ive been dropped kicked in the balls
  • thistle_
    As an aside, a skip lorry has just run over a Mini down the road here. Everyone ok and because its a civvie shout I could meander past rubber necking with the best of them.
    Tis the season I think: 3 car pile up at a crossroads on the way home, whole place stunk of petrol too. Didn't look like anyone was hurt and all the police looked pretty pissed off directing traffic until the new owners of some scrap steel sorted themselves out.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    "golf"
    I have some golf bats.
    I could never get into the general khuntery, bumptious tw@ttery and provincial pettifoggery, but had some amusing p1ssed up weekends away. There was that weekend I spent well north of 500 quid in Spearmint Rhino in Bournemouth, because of (almost certainly misplaced) paternal concern for two of the dancers. I just paid 'em to sit and chat.
    Anyone want any golf bats?
    Stinking blustery headwind on the way home. A stiff cognac to ease the ache in the legs.
  • thistle_
    I hate people in the gym on their phones, get off the damn thing and stop sitting on machines hogging them whilst you post pictures of yourself on the internet.
    Went to the gym, forgot to take a selfie to post on here.

Was nice and cool, only 4 people turned up for the class so the AC managed to cope for 30 out of 45 minutes :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    hopkinb wrote:
    "golf"
    I have some golf bats.
    I could never get into the general khuntery, bumptious tw@ttery and provincial pettifoggery, but had some amusing p1ssed up weekends away. There was that weekend I spent well north of 500 quid in Spearmint Rhino in Bournemouth, because of (almost certainly misplaced) paternal concern for two of the dancers. I just paid 'em to sit and chat.
    Anyone want any golf bats?
    Stinking blustery headwind on the way home. A stiff cognac to ease the ache in the legs.

It's not the snobbish sport that it is in other parts of the UK here.
    There was a walk out when the Committee of the local (posh) golf club (800 yds away) tried to up it's annual fees to £195 from £185. A day ticket at the very popular links, 'The County' is around £18.
    If you want to go posh, Turnberry is up the road. A 6am tee off in the off season is a mere £170 for 1 round.

Step: If you want to make the comparison, i'm volunteering.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    oooh! a break for coffee while everyone is doing rubbish stuff in the cold! this is nice and unexpected.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.