Drinks in Kingston

Comments

• hmmm... I'm a maybe or possible late joiner.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    24th @ canbury ok with me.

Abfg, we could ride down together if you're in. You can always say you had a time consuming double puncture as the wife grapples with the newborn and other 2...just get your hands good and dirty to back up the story. Not that I've ever done that. Who would do such a terrible thing?
  • hopkinb wrote:

Abfg, we could ride down together if you're in. You can always say you had a time consuming double puncture as the wife grapples with the newborn and other 2...just get your hands good and dirty to back up the story. Not that I've ever done that. Who would do such a terrible thing?

Me returning stinking of beer may be the downfall in that plan, unless allegedly two scrotes on a scooter lobbed a can of Skol at me while I fettled with the puncture, honest.
    If I know you, and I like you, you can borrow my bike box for £30 a week. PM for details.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    hopkinb wrote:

Me returning stinking of beer may be the downfall in that plan, unless allegedly two scrotes on a scooter lobbed a can of Skol at me while I fettled with the puncture, honest.

Disappear into the shower. Drink mouthwash. Look innocent. Talk crap. Fall asleep on the sofa. That's the kind of action I'd recommend for a decent spell in the doghouse. :D
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Just got back from the aforementioned pub, they definitely sell beer. Oh, and it’s warmer inside than outside. Winter is coming.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Think that eve works for me too
  • I'm in London on the 24th Oct, what time are you meeting?
    Paracyclist
    @Bigmitch_racing
    2010 Specialized Tricross (commuter)
    2014 Whyte T129-S
    2016 Specialized Tarmac Ultegra Di2
    Big Mitch - YouTube
  • mtb-idle
    mtb-idle Posts: 2,179
    BigMitch41 wrote:
    I'm in London on the 24th Oct, what time are you meeting?

Excellent - i guess 6-30 or 7pm onwards...
    FCN = 4
  • I shall make an appearance. I figure I need some people that can help me with my new found obsession
  • dizzydane
    dizzydane Posts: 322
    MTB-Idle wrote:
    24th? I'm in. see you there.

Canbury preferably, nice railings outside to lock yer steed up against
    Thanks for the heads up MTB-Idle!!! Working silly hours at the moment, so may arrive a little later, but will pop in to say hi!
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    well blow me if i'm not in the big smoke on the 24th as well, sadly way across town in the west end on a colleagues leaving do
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • veronese68
    Your geography is dreadful Boff, that's not way across town we're in the south west of town.
    See those that can make it on Thursday.
  • itboffin
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Your geography is dreadful Boff, that's not way across town we're in the south west of town.
    See those that can make it on Thursday.

Kingston to W1 is a bleeding long way mate, unless they've moved it since I was last in town :roll: :lol:

Anyway i'm heading into Waterloo late lunchtime to get my pre drinks on before the main event, besides I haven't been to the Morpeth in a few years despite them continually sending me free drink emails.

ahhhh free beer :wink:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • itboffin
    it half crossed my mind to ride into London but then i came to my senses, been there done that multiple times
  • mtb-idle
    What time all you mofo's arriving?
    FCN = 4
  • smokey_bacon
    smokey_bacon Posts: 1,639
    Not going to make it I'm afraid, not feeling very well at the moment. Enjoy!
  • veronese68
    I’m here and nabbed the last table. Left my jacket on a chair and went to the bar. Get back to find some woman sat here without a drink, ask if she was already sitting there and she says no. She’s still sat there without a drink. Does she know what pubs are for or does this mean I’ve pulled?
  • mtb-idle
    I've now seen said woman, you could do worse and it looks like she goes for cyclists (her BF turned up wearing a cycle helmet) :P
    FCN = 4
  • Veronese68 wrote:
    I’m here and nabbed the last table. Left my jacket on a chair and went to the bar. Get back to find some woman sat here without a drink, ask if she was already sitting there and she says no. She’s still sat there without a drink. Does she know what pubs are for or does this mean I’ve pulled?

Only if you have £100 in cash
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    This is ... tonight?

Hmm, sorry folks.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Does she know what pubs are for or does this mean I’ve pulled?
    I've never had to pay for it. Being nice to people, or at least not being a complete twunt, helps in that respect.
  • veronese68
    cjcp wrote:
    This is ... tonight?

Hmm, sorry folks.
    Haha, I meant to send you a text earlier in the day but got bogged down in shite. It was quiet but we enjoyed it all the same. Talk of doing it again at any rate.
  • tgotb
    tgotb Posts: 4,714
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Does she know what pubs are for or does this mean I’ve pulled?
    I've never had to pay for it. Being nice to people, or at least not being a complete twunt, helps in that respect.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry - I was theoretically up for joining you, but in practice too snowed under; must make more of an effort to get out. Only time I ever make it to the pub these days is once every couple of months to talk to CJ about cycling kit and race organisation.....
    Pannier, 120rpm.
  • kingstonian
    kingstonian Posts: 2,847
    Oops, completely forgot. Next time..........
  • itboffin
    so my evening out in the west end was just how i remembered it minus the trip to A&E, train delayed going in, rain, packed pub with barely room to move, followed by getting the last train home to find no taxis (because i live in the sticks) walking miles before waking up the support team to come and rescue me.

Its like i never left ....
  • mtb-idle
    yup, a select group last night.

And Steve, don't forget about that time I went for an interview to be a bin man. They asked me if I had any experience and I said 'don't worry I will pick it up as I go along'.

I only lasted one day as a postman too. I looked at the first letter I had to deliver and I thought "this isn't for me".

~(yes, for those of you who don't appreciate dad jokes it was a long night...)
    FCN = 4
  • MTB-Idle wrote:
    yup, a select group last night.

And Steve, don't forget about that time I went for an interview to be a bin man. They asked me if I had any experience and I said 'don't worry I will pick it up as I go along'.

I only lasted one day as a postman too. I looked at the first letter I had to deliver and I thought "this isn't for me".

~(yes, for those of you who don't appreciate dad jokes it was a long night...)

Years back I was a postie used to get lots of guys who would see the posties drinking in the afternoon in the sun after work and think “I could do that” most didn’t last the week and plenty only a hr or so! Which is also why the older posties wouldn’t attempt to know your name until you’d be there a few months.
  • mtb-idle
    I was chatting to @dizzydane recently and we thought it might be a good idea to resurrect this.

The weather is shite this year but would anyone be up for an evening in Kingston?
    FCN = 4
  • rhodrich
    rhodrich Posts: 867
    Drinks in Kingston? I'm in!
    1938 Hobbs Tandem
    1956 Carlton Flyer Path/Track
    1960 Mercian Superlight Track
    1974 Pete Luxton Path/Track*
    1980 Harry Hall
    1986 Dawes Galaxy
    1988 Jack Taylor Tourer
    1988 Pearson