thursday has been virtualised

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,516
edited October 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

slight drizzle

once more unto the lounge, pre-train espresso and snacks, confab with some of my lot, tartare, bier, lounge, back to uk, meet mrs s for bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, damp here at the moment, not a lot on the cards today, Cycling later
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Pretty grey autumnal day here in the 'Creative County'
    Don't know why Staffordshire council thought to put that on their signs as I for one, don't feel particularly creative.
  • sungod
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Don't know why Staffordshire council thought to put that on their signs as I for one, don't feel particularly creative.
    certainly creative if someone charged them to come up with that one
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,413
    Bally, could be creative accounting to cover up the hole in council finances from wasting your money on unnecessary signage?

Change of plan so quick trip to the office then WFH later to pick up juniors car from its MOT.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Ballysmate wrote:
    The entertainment city still amuses me:
    https://twitter.com/PaulBroks1/status/1 ... 1764677632
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,859
    WFH again means fully caught up on sleep :)

The question is pub later of a 2nd night off it.......
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Toots activity day today then putting Porker#1 back together.

Later: biblical rain followed by cold front. Luverly innit?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Well,

Kidney infection so feelings like I've been drop kicked in the groin. Why did I come to work!?
  • gethinceri
    gethinceri Posts: 1,515
    Boiler replacement. Plumbers arrived at 08:00 and turned off the water, I had a pee at 08:15 and flushed.
    09:00 I needed a dump. it's almost midday, the plumbers will turn the water back on at 17:00
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    You have a neighbour, pond or water butt you could get a bucket of water from?
  • thistle_
    keef66 wrote:
    You have a neighbour, pond or water butt you could get a bucket of water from?
    Just use the neighbour's pond or water butt - no need to fetch a bucket of water.
  • sungod
    tartared, biered, lounged, espressoed and madeleined, conserving energy until the trolley bearing le vin eurostar trundles into reach

been mostly sunny here, would be good if london's rain stops before i get back
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Afternoon folks,
    Another day of fixing other people's screw ups. The message that doing it right in the first place makes it easier for everyone is seemingly impossible for some phucktards to grasp. Well, one of them at any rate.
    Pleasant enough wobble in this morning if a little damp. Passing the long lines of traffic made it all the more pleasing.
    Out for a beer tonight, might stop at Sigma to pick up some tubeless tyres. As Oxo's recommendation doesn't come in a 32 I'm looking at Panaracer Gravel Kings. I could procrastinate a little longer of course.
    Pub later.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Went out at lunchtime. Drowned.

Hopefully will come back to life before drowning on the way home.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    oxoman wrote:
    Sorry V, didn't realise you wanted mtb sized tyres.
    :D I'm enjoying the sofa like ride. It's a CX bike so I can have fat tyres and guards for winter communting, comfy and dry. I'm slow enough I doubt it makes any difference to me.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    searching for offal and fish guts. its a long story........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    surprise gift for estate agent?
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    surprise gift for estate agent?

good plan but i have a special punch in the throat on order for him.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    Wooing the wife?

tbh, following the unappreciation she showed over the jump leads i got her for christmas, i don't think she would appreciate this either.

#wasteoftime
    #notsurewhyibothered

running a casualty stand at work for some bods so want to add some joy to the Drop Dead Freds we've made........ the "blood" we have had fermenting for a week is turning cheeky......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Trying to do 2 jobs is no fun. Strategy and leadership, plus my old job to make sure everything happens on time and is correct. Something is going to slip. Unless of course I start smoking crack. Then I can do everything, plus cycle to work at 60kph. Magic. 1 briefcase of crack please. :twisted:
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Trying to do 2 jobs is no fun. Strategy and leadership, plus my old job to make sure everything happens on time and is correct. Something is going to slip. Unless of course I start smoking crack. Then I can do everything, plus cycle to work at 60kph. Magic. 1 briefcase of crack please. :twisted:

was the new role meant to encompass all of that? Do you need me to send the MFs down to pay someone a visit?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

was the new role meant to encompass all of that? Do you need me to send the MFs down to pay someone a visit?

Nah, just need to hire a minion...
  • thistle_
    hopkinb wrote:
    Something is going to slip. Unless of course I start smoking crack. Then I can do everything, plus cycle to work at 60kph. Magic. 1 briefcase of crack please. :twisted:
    Is that the stuff that makes you think the office wall is falling over?
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Nah, just need to hire a minion...

so no hitting things with hammers and setting them on fire then?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    Popped to the local Tesco for the first time in ages, the place is even more dire than I remember.
    I think the new Aldi down the road is slowly killing them.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    Something is going to slip. Unless of course I start smoking crack. Then I can do everything, plus cycle to work at 60kph. Magic. 1 briefcase of crack please. :twisted:
    Is that the stuff that makes you think the office wall is falling over?
    Nah, that is Pinno's mate's mushrooms. Crack'll just fcuk you up.
  • Matthewfalle
    ketamine is what you want. just chill through the day and it'll all sort itself out.......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    ketamine is what you want. just chill through the day and it'll all sort itself out.......

I'll take some of that, stupid amounts of pain right now
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    Step83 wrote:
    Wooing the wife?

tbh, following the unappreciation she showed over the jump leads i got her for christmas, i don't think she would appreciate this either...

She was probably upset at the lack of a battery charger to go with the jump leads.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!