An Evening With Bradley Wiggins

oldskoolwelshboy
oldskoolwelshboy Posts: 4
edited October 2019 in Road general
Am very interested in feedback from anyone who has attended this event: An Evening With Bradley Wiggins

Probably going to be booking a ticket for current tour but curious to know more about how long the show is, if people that attended considered it money well spent.

I notice the VIP tickets are very expensive - anyone experienced those? Probably not for me but curious to know what the gift was and any general feedback.

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Even the standard tickets are £38 round here.

That's more than any top comedians.

Really can't see the VFM but perhaps that's just me.

Go see Ned when he does his stage show again. Very entertaining and less than half the price.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,579
    I’ve been to a couple of SBW Q&A’s , not these tours, but incidental sessions at other events. I found them very entertaining so imagine they’d be a good enough night. I think VIP means you meet him for a photo and autograph?

I notice the Cycling Podcast event in Harrogate is £35 so I guess it’s about the going rate.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • Just ride your bike, a damn sight cheaper and probably a lot more enjoyable.
  • Can I suggest listening to a few of his podcasts before investing? He's getting quite in touch with his feelings. Which is code for self involved.
  • Sir Wiggo lives just up the road from here. Our paths cross on occasions. Come and have a ride and we'll meet him in the cafe.

Of course he no longer considers himself a cyclist so he may not want to talk, or pose for selfies (unpaid).
  • I’m going to the Bath show in a few weeks.

I’ve met attended a Q&A with him before, he’s a cyclist through and through, massive cycling geek with an impressive collection of jerseys, bikes etc.

He stopped for a photo with my son after the event with no qualms, I’m looking forward to the show.
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack
  • bm5
    bm5 Posts: 530
    Did anyone go to any of these and what were they like? Got the chance to go see him and wondering if I should go.
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Bumped into him a few years back when he was out on a solo training ride just before his last ToB near Loweswater in the Lakes. He was getting changed, his soigneur said, give him. a minute to get sorted then he came over posed for pics had a quick chat about out C2C we were on, nice guy but £38 seems steep but sure it's been priced at what people are prepared to pay.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • w00dster
    w00dster Posts: 880
    Yep I went, Basingstoke. Nothing new really. He clearly has a very deep knowledge of the sport and some interesting stories, but to be honest, if you’ve seen previous documentaries and read books, it’s all very familiar.
    He is very driven though, that comes through quite clear. He is being interviewed by the guy from C5 news who also did the itv cycle show. Pretty good banter between those two. I wasn’t disappointed but merely was as expected.
  • Am very interested in feedback from anyone who has attended this event: An Evening With Bradley Wiggins

Probably going to be booking a ticket for current tour but curious to know more about how long the show is, if people that attended considered it money well spent.

I notice the VIP tickets are very expensive - anyone experienced those? Probably not for me but curious to know what the gift was and any general feedback.

Sounds about as interesting as the Queens speech. Bradley Wiggins, he rides a bike. Sometimes he even rides faster than everybody else. The End.

The VIP tickets may be worth it if they can help sort out the old plumbing, but you'll likely just be shafted for the price.
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    Sounds about as interesting as the Queens speech. Bradley Wiggins, he rides a bike. Sometimes he even rides faster than everybody else. The End.
    :lol:
  • Just been to the local caff. They put talks and other cycling events on.
    Big advert today...An evening with Colin Sturgess!!!

If you think Wiggo is milking it what is going on here?

At a guess 40% of the membership on here will say Colin Who?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Just been to the local caff. They put talks and other cycling events on.

wasn't he a rally driver or an old Dr Who?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437

Nobody's forcing them to go...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Fenix wrote:

Nobody's forcing them to go...

90% won't want to go anyway ......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.