S-Works Tarmac SL6 Disc

angry_bird
angry_bird Posts: 3,786
edited October 2019 in Your road bikes
Shifted a couple of Storcks to fund it, hopefully it will be worth it. Decided I had far too many bikes so happy to get rid of some and not have so many to maintain.

First ride out on it today, relatively sedate ride in the Peaks as I've been off the bike a little while recently but loved every minute of it.

Colour is "Supernova Chameleon" Purple - Green, vaguely gold from some angles. Loving it. Bar tape is just there for some fun and to wind people up, probably put some black stuff on soon and move this onto my GF's bike.

48930252271_7df06b5f9f_b.jpg
48930437677_8e6f635bea_b.jpg

56cm frame, DA Chainset and pedals, Ultegra Di2 shifting, Edco titanium 11-27 cassette, Storck RBC180 carbon bar, Fizik Cyrano R1 stem, Selle Italia SLR flow saddle, Edco Umbrial DB 45mm wheels with Conti GP5000TL.

Weight, don't know. Feels light. Will be a bit lighter when a bit more steerer is chopped.

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    looks cool but how much cooler will it be when its slammed and chopped.

what are those edco like by the way?

is the seat post really that high or is it just the angle of the picture?

you know what to do.

#slammedandchopped.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Top bike, but it’s not the colour of the bar tape that’s winding me up it’s the awful wrap job! :shock: :D
  • angry_bird
    Sandyballs wrote:
    Top bike, but it’s not the colour of the bar tape that’s winding me up it’s the awful wrap job! :shock: :D

Why put effort into something that’s only going to stay on there a few days :lol:
  • angry_bird
    looks cool but how much cooler will it be when its slammed and chopped.

what are those edco like by the way?

is the seat post really that high or is it just the angle of the picture?

you know what to do.

#slammedandchopped.

It will get chopped, but it won’t get slammed, too much drop, because yes, that saddle is as high as it looks, 815mm, and I can’t realistically ride with them dropped much more than they are already.

I like the Edcos, they aren’t the lightest wheels out there, albeit probably not much more than some 303 firecrests or whatever, but they’re a hell of a lot more stable in crosswinds which to skinny old me is quite important.
  • Absolutely lovely. Love the paint job as well.

How come you went for this after the long history of Storks?
  • That paint job is fantastic. Looks superb.

I'd keep the purple tape too, give it a bit of character. Just re-wrap it properly...
  • 815 saddle height on a 56 frame you must have a short body as your stem doesn’t look overly long. I am a 750 saddle height and would be on the same size frame. Just shows we are all different proportions. Lovely bike great colours, enjoy.
  • lesfirth
    lesfirth Posts: 1,382
    Angry Bird wrote:
    Sandyballs wrote:
    Top bike, but it’s not the colour of the bar tape that’s winding me up it’s the awful wrap job! :shock: :D

Why put effort into something that’s only going to stay on there a few days :lol:

It must have taken real skill and more time to make a mess like that on purpose than to do it properly. :D
  • angry_bird
    Cheers all. Rest assured the bar tape probably won't last past Saturday morning. Colour is already getting worn away near the hoods after just a couple of rides and to be honest, I think I'd rather have something black that does actually look nice there.
    Absolutely lovely. Love the paint job as well.

How come you went for this after the long history of Storks?

I wanted to have fewer bikes so had plans to get rid of some bikes, and living on the edge of the Cambrian mountains I also wanted something that...

a) had discs so I could ride nice wheels and not feel guilty about wearing the rims out
    b) would climb well
    c) Storck no longer has a UK distributor and their customer service from Germany seems pretty poor with one man's ego trying to micromanage everything.
    d) somewhat related to c, I've seen far too many Storcks snap.

Got enough from selling off the Storcks to be able to cover this comfortably so why not!!
    815 saddle height on a 56 frame you must have a short body as your stem doesn’t look overly long. I am a 750 saddle height and would be on the same size frame. Just shows we are all different proportions. Lovely bike great colours, enjoy.

It's a 130mm stem on there, angles probably make it looks shorter, anything shorter than that and my knees won't clear the bar when I'm out of the saddle, any longer and reach becomes an issue :roll:
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Angry Bird wrote:
    It's a 130mm stem on there, angles probably make it looks shorter, anything shorter than that and my knees won't clear the bar when I'm out of the saddle, any longer and reach becomes an issue :roll:

You are Peter Crouch and ICMFP!
  • Matthewfalle
    with that stem & seat post is it not too small for you?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • really like it......the paint is gorgeous.
    Enjoy.
  • angry_bird
    with that stem & seat post is it not too small for you?

It’s a close call, but with the larger size I’d end up having to slam a -17/-20stem again and then if it turns out I can/want to get lower I can’t, which I found on the last bike to be a right pain in the posterior.

This still has a comfortable amount of seatpost in the frame past the minimum insertion so happy days.
  • Matthewfalle
    coolio!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.