at last dry roads, hurrah, temperature nippy

medium ride, possible extra brekkie

roll on summer, or revolution, something to warm things up
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'Ning
    Might go for a bike ride today, first in about 4 weeks if it happens.
    sungod wrote:
    something to warm things up
    something nuclear would do the trick.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Bored in Amsterdam airport, just want to get home now.

Later I bet will be mountain biking with the boys and pub
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Entrained and awaiting departure...
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    Bored in Amsterdam airport, just want to get home now.
    Too early for beer?

Unsurprisingly 30 miles was a bit tough after no riding for weeks. Bike's also filthy, and splattered with slug guts :cry:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    'strewth it was cold first thing, fortunately i had stopped for a doughnut and coffee, this sustained me in the bleak conditions, need to wear more next time
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    Plymouth slides by.

Thishttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goa_Mix work of genius electronica soundtracking the increasingly picturesque scenery. Nearly 25 years I've been listening to this, and it never gets old.
  • hopkinb
    Even a sea view from the kitchen window. Lovely. Off to get ice cream and see the guys at the surf school.

20191020-144408.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Been doing stuff. Had new TV cabinet thing delivered ready for our new bigger telly which is coming soon. Off out to see cousin over in Norwood this evening before her and hubby push off to Australia for 2 months, jammy sods.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    What telly you getting Stevo? I'm in the market for 2. One for the big new family room, and one for the "grown up's" sitting room. I last bought a tv 11 years ago, I think the tech has moved on...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    went to a mate for a cup of coffee

bought a house

came back bearing quiche of celebration
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    What telly you getting Stevo? I'm in the market for 2. One for the big new family room, and one for the "grown up's" sitting room. I last bought a tv 11 years ago, I think the tech has moved on...
    Likewise, we bought our last TV sometime in the previous decade. Probably a Sony Bravia but am checking what else is out there. We're not TV addicts or have to have the top spec biggest plasma thing, so a good reliable box that does most of the standard stuff these days will do. Also need it to be a bit bigger than the current one.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_

bought a house

Actually bought? No risk of gazumping?
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Probably a Sony Bravia .

Dammit. This is where I'm at. I've had Sony bravia TVs for 20 years. Well, that's 2 TV's, they last so well...Maybe there are TV people on here.
  • hopkinb

bought a house

I just bought a house for 20 grand more than some bloke holding a quiche bought it for. Probably going to set fire to it, chuck it in next door's garden. :wink:
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

bought a house

I just bought a house for 20 grand more than some bloke holding a quiche bought it for. Probably going to set fire to it, chuck it in next door's garden. :wink:

a whole day's worth of hitting things with a hammer there.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle

bought a house

Actually bought? No risk of gazumping?

well, until the legal beagles have done their thing theres always a chance of being done over, but heres hoping. this agent doesn't seem to be a wanker like the last one.

if this one falls through then we're gonna forget the whole plan.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Probably a Sony Bravia .

Dammit. This is where I'm at. I've had Sony bravia TVs for 20 years. Well, that's 2 TV's, they last so well...Maybe there are TV people on here.
    Probably a few people that can recommend a TV/screen for Zwift..
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Probably a Sony Bravia .

Probably a few people that can recommend a TV/screen for Zwift..

VR Headset or 80" TV obviously...

I just use my iPad.

Evening, another rubbish day car was dead this morning, looks like the battery is toast. rode to Euros an got a new one, cars happy again.
    Now relaxing with takeaway.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    bought a house

Where, how much,how many rooms, is there a man cave/man cave opportunity, how high is the fence to the neighbour?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Me did not a lot me. Took Shorty swimming whilst Tricky went with Mum to the park on account of Tricky's horrendous cough. Met up in the cafe after and had coffee and cake. The sun shone and I fixed my throttle position switch on Porker#1. L Jetronic anybody?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Probably a Sony Bravia .

A lot of the pic quality and features are pretty similar between the different makes at a given price point. Main thing for me is they're reliable - and you can fault a Sony Bravia on that. Bombproof.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Probably a Sony Bravia .

A lot of the pic quality and features are pretty similar between the different makes at a given price point. Main thing for me is they're reliable - and you can fault a Sony Bravia on that. Bombproof.
    The Panasonic higher-end models are very good too.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Probably a Sony Bravia .

The Panasonic higher-end models are very good too.
    Those and a couple of Samsungs came out well in the 'what telly' type reviews. Tbh any of those would be good so may leave final choice to the EPO then she can't complain about what we get :)
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pinno wrote:
    bought a house

Where, how much,how many rooms, is there a man cave/man cave opportunity, how high is the fence to the neighbour?

Whens the party?