edited October 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

appears soggier than expected, sigh

ride and coffee and cake, laze
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    I hope it's not ending, although I agree is with her than expected.
    Looks like a soggy parkrun then not much else today.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Rugby World Cup today and Cherries home to Canaries. Do canaries like cherries? Hope not.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    about to walk the hound, then bambini bits during the day, weights sesh, wine & steak dinner, snoring.

have fitted negative drop stem to the S3 so may have a pootle to see how it feels. Think that it may look a bit weird though.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, toast eaten dog also are toast an has been walked. Day of minimum effort for me after an impromptu pub visit the heads some what fuzzy today.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Watching the rugby at the hotel owners aunts house -rather odd walking along the street with a crate of beer, also used to porters doing it for me!

Bit battered and bruised after a couple of crashes on the way down - but it was amazing, highly highly recommended
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    TLW1 wrote:
    Watching the rugby at the hotel owners aunts house -rather odd walking along the street with a crate of beer, also used to porters doing it for me!

Bit battered and bruised after a couple of crashes on the way down - but it was amazing, highly highly recommended

Well done fella.

It's dull. Me doing DME relay and DME temperature sensor testing to see if I can locate the gremlin in Porker#1.
    Toots are particularly annoying. Half way through October 'break'*.

*Ha

I feel for Step's dog.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    TLW1 wrote:

Well done TLW - how tricky was the DH?

Sorting out Stropteen's car this morning - new tyres, petrol, check oil, top up water etc. Stopped off for bacon sarnie and coffee before getting supplies on the way back. This afternoon is probably more jobs but will fit a drive in somewhere.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Power tool based DIY Gardening was the main order of business round here. Two chainsaws and a petrol-powered chipper/shredder made fairly easy* work of a pile of gum tree. Also a quick raid on another huge dead pine tree to snip up some stuff to burn in fireplace #2.

* Am still knackered though.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start has been had, got a stinking headache in spite of only having one beer last night so feeling a little hard done by. Glands are up so hopefully not coming down with some lurgy.
    Been doing some jobs around the house, need to go and tinker with the Mini shortly. It’s sulking from lack of use I suspect.
    Out to see a band in a pub in Raynes Park later, unfortunately can’t drink as I have to pick up the female child on the way home. Should be quite good, covers of late 70s new wave type stuff. Shout if you fancy joining me Hoppy but I’m not sure it’s your thing.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Out to see a band in a pub in Raynes Park later, unfortunately can’t drink as I have to pick up the female child on the way home. Should be quite good, covers of late 70s new wave type stuff. Shout if you fancy joining me Hoppy but I’m not sure it’s your thing.

Is that at the Cavern? I sometimes pop in there while waiting for fish and chips from Matheou's next door. Always a good collection of raddled alkies lurking in the smoking area out the front.

It's me and mini on our own, and we have an early start tomorrow morning to catch the 8.05 from Paddington to St. Ives, where ice cream and pasties are calling.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

It was snowing and very slippy at the top but not too technical, the middle was just a massive rock garden that was mostly rideable and through the rain forest was fast and flowing with cooked brakes
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    TLW1 wrote:

Glad you got down in 1 piece!
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    oxoman wrote:
    Step suspect your totally xankered seeing as you've eaten the Dog and walked the toast. :D :roll:

Oops haha slightly!

Just stripped the orange bike down an boxed it back up for returning. cold today so going to set fire to some wood in a metal box I reckon.
    Hangover is fully present who would have thought mixing rum an wine would be a bad idea?
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:

Glad you got down in 1 piece!
    :D
  • Matthewfalle
    dog has gone to sleep in the middle of the gym.

negative stem feels good on 300 yard test ride.

about to burn down local estate agent due to their complicit part in us getting gazumped.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    getting gazumped.

Sucks. Burn them with fiery fire.

Well done TLW, what lunatic activity is next? Unicycling to the moon? :D

Step, rum and wine in the same glass? I do hope not. :shock:
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    hopkinb wrote:
    rum, red wine, syrup, lime juice, that's a bishop, chin chin
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

It was snowing and very slippy at the top but not too technical, the middle was just a massive rock garden that was mostly rideable and through the rain forest was fast and flowing with cooked brakes
    Sounds like a proper good adventure. Pity they don't have an uplift service :P
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I took you as a man of taste. A man who appreciates tawny port, good champagne, steak tartare, fancy confectionery from Paris, the lunar bleakness of lanzarote. A man so confident of himself that he can cock a snook at punctuation, while still remaining coherent and readable. A man who rides shiny shiny, with the very best of wheels, up and down hills. Who partakes of cafe based sustenance in the better parts of town. A man who is a fan of dub reggae.
    However, the drink you describe, may well be a bishop. But a bishop who is also a pederast, and who deserves an eternity in the fiery furnace.
    My world is turned upside down... :wink:
  • hopkinb
    C0ck a snook. Obvs.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    hopkinb wrote:
    Is that at the Cavern?.
    Yes, not a great pub by any means.
    Well done TLW, not like the average downhill then?
  • pinno

Some dogs are more intelligent then their owners.

Doesn't it make you squeak a little?
    about to burn down local estate agent due to their complicit part in us getting gazumped.

That's 'cos the sellers found out you were going you move in and set things alight and chuck them in the next door neighbours garden.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I took you as a man of taste. A man who appreciates tawny port, good champagne, steak tartare, fancy confectionery from Paris, the lunar bleakness of lanzarote. A man so confident of himself that he can fool a snook at punctuation, while still remaining coherent and readable. A man who rides shiny shiny, with the very best of wheels, up and down hills. Who partakes of cafe based sustenance in the better parts of town. A man who is a fan of dub reggae.
    However, the drink you describe, may well be a bishop. But a bishop who is also a pederast, and who deserves an eternity in the fiery furnace.

SG is the master of bluff except he's been found out. He's an Essex boy trying to look good.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

Some dogs are more intelligent then their owners.

Doesn't it make you squeak a little?

That's 'cos the sellers found out you were going you move in and set things alight and chuck them in the next door neighbours garden.

on all 3 counts you may just be correct.

estate agent wankers.

went to look at another potential crib today. blurb said barn conversion. "so how old is this place then" i said. "new build 7 years ago" she said. ffs, you can't even lie in line with the piece of paper you are holding in your hand.

tossers.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I took you as a man of taste. A man who appreciates tawny port, good champagne, steak tartare, fancy confectionery from Paris, the lunar bleakness of lanzarote. A man so confident of himself that he can fool a snook at punctuation, while still remaining coherent and readable. A man who rides shiny shiny, with the very best of wheels, up and down hills. Who partakes of cafe based sustenance in the better parts of town. A man who is a fan of dub reggae.

SG is the master of bluff except he's been found out. He's an Essex boy trying to look good.

so pretending he's from Kent?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    getting gazumped.

Sucks. Burn them with fiery fire.

grazie. am tempted to cuck full 5 litre pot of paint through their window.

then burn the place down, obvs.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    so pretending he's from Kent?
    Some of us Kent residents might be offended by that.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    well i never said it was a great cocktail, the true path obliges one to try all manner of things, had worse

though this morning saw some impressive clusters of 'shrooms in highgate, looked rather evil, wasn't tempted to try those fried in butter with a hint of garlic on toast, not at all
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:

though this morning saw some impressive clusters of 'shrooms in highgate, looked rather evil, wasn't tempted to try those fried in butter with a hint of garlic on toast, not at all

Did they look like this?

220px-Psilocybe-semilanceata-6514.png

I love mushrooms on toast. Simon Hopkinson has a super recipe. The ones above I might just dry and then infuse in boiling water before choking down the whole decoction, then listening to one of von Karajan's recordings of K.626 and musing on the existence of some form of deity.
  • hopkinb
    I've discovered torrents are still a thing. Mini will be pleased on the train journey tomorrow. :D