friday was never here

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,515
edited October 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

yet another soggy one

coffee, webex, stuff, early bail, may put new wheels and pads on if the saturday dryness forecast holds
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, still in Bradford should be home tomorrow though.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,141
    Adding to the tumbleweed.

Parkrun plans scuppered for tomorrow: they cancelled last night due to lack of volunteers, which they only asked for at lunchtime yesterday :roll:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    Morning folks,
    Thankfully not in Bradford. Not raining here, lots of big puddles though. Had to drive in as delivering the Mrs en route, traffic mercifully light. Lots to do this weekend, also lots of cba in the air I suspect. Don't want to overdo it.
    The old dear has gone to Italy for a few weeks, hopefully they will let her back in when she returns.
    Today being Fryday I will be going to the cafe of course. Later may involve a local hostelry.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, no rain in the sky, its all stuck to the ground here.

Faff today chasing up on the frame see about a refund unless they can exchange (doubtful) then see about getting the replacement ordered, lots of faff not in the mood for it.

Oh oven went kaboom last night so thats another expense!
  • Morning, not much to report for the day but I'm off to a small but fancy restaurant for dinner this evening.

Gym after work when hopefully it'll be a bit quieter and I won't have to listen to "need bigger weights bro" from over in the free weight section
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, bright and sunny here, was wet over night and there are meant to be showers for most of the morning. I suspect the OH and I are going to the only nice-ish restaurant in walking/£10 taxi distance tonight to celebrate me becoming an entire year older on Tuesday. Potentially bikes on the weekend but all* my friends are busy

*both
  • parmos
    parmos Posts: 100
    Teesside is a big washout good job i got my weekly total in on yesterdays commute.

picking hybrid up from LBS later with all new mud guards, bigger brake pads etc new rear tyre ready for the winter months
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,315
    parmos wrote:
    ...picking hybrid up from LBS later with all new mud guards, bigger brake pads etc new rear tyre ready for the winter months

Give Step the name of the LBS.

Dull and miserable here. It just won't stop bloody raining.
    Scoffed two cherry and custard lattices to compensate for bad weather. Still peckish. There's some Strudel that I made left over... custard or vanilla ice cream ti complement it... hmm...

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:

Its sorted, (also bonjour from Lille) I'm seeing friends in Hailsham next week so I'm doing swapping it on my way back so thats a bonus. Thankfully the car swallows the box quite easily.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,406
    Good ride in this morning, helped blow away the cobwebs after last nights team drinks. Must remember to put my expenses claim in.

I envisage an early finish today simply because it's Friday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • I'm not envisaging an early finish. Its a given!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    parmos wrote:
    Teesside is a big washout good job i got my weekly total in on yesterdays commute.

picking hybrid up from LBS later with all new mud guards, bigger brake pads etc new rear tyre ready for the winter months
    I saw your username and guessed Teesside before reading your post :)

Headed up there this time next week time to collect the last of my stuff from my folks' house in Redcar which was sold a couple of weeks back. May have to try and have a decent Chicken Parmo while I'm there as I won't be getting another one any time soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    I'm not envisaging an early finish. Its a given!
    You da boss...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Me too, but I have to collect mini, as Mrs will be stretched out on a beach.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Me too, but I have to collect mini, as Mrs will be getting seduced by some greasy gargoyle.

FTFY
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Its sorted, (also bonjour from Lille) I'm seeing friends in Hailsham next week so I'm doing swapping it on my way back so thats a bonus. Thankfully the car swallows the box quite easily.

I knows Hailsham.
    I also know the Boship roundabout well too.

I knew a mate who tried his best to avoid the cops on his bike. He did but he failed to avoid that roundabout and ended up head to foot in a cast. We used to visit him and he would ask to bring in all sorts of long implements - doweling, wooden spoons etc to get to itches.
    The funny thing is, that the cops that he tried to avoid were first on the scene and saved his life.
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    I knows Hailsham.

I knew a mate who tried his best to avoid the cops on his bike. He did but he failed to avoid that roundabout and ended up head to foot in a cast. We used to visit him and he would ask to bring in all sorts of long implements - doweling, wooden spoons etc to get to itches.
    The funny thing is, that the cops that he tried to avoid were first on the scene and saved his life.

It has to be better than Milton Keynes, though you mentioned roundabouts so I'm not sure.

Knitting needles were my go to when I had my leg cast much to the disgust of the nurses. Suppose now you could use a cable routing kit?
  • thistle_
    Step83 wrote:
    Knitting needles were my go to when I had my leg cast much to the disgust of the nurses. Suppose now you could use a cable routing kit?
    I've only had a lower arm cast, and I've got plenty of 12" rulers which did the trick nicely.
    The nurses have obviously never experienced the pain if they didn't understand why it was necessary.
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Just picked up my new motor. Not had the Hollywood treatment before when collecting a car. Under a black sheet in showroom all cordoned off. Bit weird. Made me slightly uncomfortable to be honest. But got it home and I'm a happy bunny.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Stevo_666
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Just picked up my new motor. Not had the Hollywood treatment before when collecting a car. Under a black sheet in showroom all cordoned off. Bit weird. Made me slightly uncomfortable to be honest. But got it home and I'm a happy bunny.
    Whatcha got, Goo?
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Something from JLR given that silliness?
  • thistle_
    HaydenM wrote:
    Something from JLR given that silliness?
    Series III land rover
  • mr_goo
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Whatcha got, Goo?

A Panzerwagen from Stuttgart.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • pinno
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Whatcha got, Goo?

An AMG panzerwagen by any stretch of the imagination?
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    I knows Hailsham.

It has to be better than Milton Keynes, though you mentioned roundabouts so I'm not sure.

Oh no, it's nothing like MK or Cumbernauld or Luton or Aylesbury.
  • mr_goo
    edited October 2019
    Pinno wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Whatcha got, Goo?

AMG it is, and very nice thank you very much. Who knew I'd need half a dozen different ways to unlock/open a car?
  • pinno
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Whatcha got, Goo?

AMG it is, and very nice thank you very much. Who knew I'd need half a dozen different ways to open a car?

A C63 estate?!

This gets more interesting...
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Whatcha got, Goo?

AMG it is, and very nice thank you very much. Who knew I'd need half a dozen different ways to open a car?

When you fill up will you put a tiger in your tank.
  • Stevo_666
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Whatcha got, Goo?

AMG it is, and very nice thank you very much. Who knew I'd need half a dozen different ways to unlock/open a car?
    Go on, I'm interested now. Model/spec?

We might be able to play snap :)
  • mr_goo
    Pinno wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:
    Whatcha got, Goo?

A C63 estate?!

This gets more interesting...

Not quite that. Need the eco of a diesel.
    AMG Line Premium C220. Sorry to disappoint.
    Did have a client who had ex F1 AMG Merc Pace Car. Most mean looking estate. 5ltr, flared wheel arches.