sungod Posts: 16,431
edited October 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffee, webex, complicated thing, webex, bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Bit tired but its Thursday. On train into town ready for another day of banishing profits to sunny, low tax locations. Then taking the minions out for a drink after work. Coincidentally, working from home isn't popular in the team today.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Morning. Wet here but brightening up a bit. Cat to vet first thing then surf on the cards.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning. Wet so far. Planning a coup with another youngish guy at work. There are currently 3 levels of arguments going on and it's extremely petty. It's just not that difficult.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    oxoman wrote:
    Glad im eating out.

Heh.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning
    Bright here but wettening up.
    Run runned. CBA with this bike stuff at the moment for some reason.
    Trying to work out how to get a large lorry through some narrow streets and archways. The simple solution of demolishing the obstacles isn't allowed apparently.
  • Feeling fubared after the gym and boot camp last night.

Run tonight followed by a dose of recovery drink otherwise I may well fall asleep in Fridays night dinner.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    3 hour Skype call with an enthusiastic but hard to understand French lady colleague who completely failed to grasp that since I'm only in the job for another 7 working days I really don't give a flying fcuk about the contents her 2500 row spreadsheet :D

I now have sweaty ears and headset hair, and a craving for sugar and caffeine...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Was dry, then someone mentioned rain and its now raining, normal service resumed etc.

Headache, sound like I have a cold still but don't so being shunned. Going to the LBS later to find out WTF is going on with the bike. No idea what else meant to be in Frenchville tomorrow so that'll be amusing.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    Farking cars and their farking stupid electronic systems and even more farking silly mechanics who don't have a farking clue. :x :x :x :x :x
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Farking cars and their farking stupid electronic systems and even more farking silly mechanics who don't have a farking clue. :x :x :x :x :x
    Unplug it and plug it back in. Works quite well on my car.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    Unplug it and plug it back in. Works quite well on my car.
    That's is almost exactly what caused the problem in the first place. "Mechanic" disconnected battery to do a test and the car decided that was enough to stuff up the whole system and it won't reset to start again.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    Report from the local bike place, they wont face the frame mount as the actual mounts are twisted, in other words someone welded it wrong to start with, joyous!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Evening folks,
    Beautiful start to the day in the park with ground mist, low sun and big horny deer making lots of noise. Got fookin soaked going home. Busy day in the middle. Bit of fun and games to brighten the day.
    That’s a bit dull Step, new frame under warranty?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,194
    This bike thing is turning out to be a bit of a saga Step.

Surely that should be horny horny deer?

Me farqed around in PP4 me. Nearly there. Then it poured. Almost halfway through the October break. I might survive.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Step83 wrote:
    Report from the local bike place, they wont face the frame mount as the actual mounts are twisted, in other words someone welded it wrong to start with, joyous!

that sucks. new frame foc?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Yay! It's MF.

Come to hack away at the accumulated tumble-weed?

How's the f*cking f*ck is Edwyn? F*cked?
  • step83
    It'll have to be a new frame, LBS showed me just how bad it was on a jig. Mailed upgrade cycles earlier if I don't get anything tomorrow I'll be ringing them. Only awkward bit could be I have cut the steerer but meh, something will be sorted. If they say return it I'll be whizzing down to Escher to grab another.

Do I take a bike box on the Victoria line or drive :lol:
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:

If Extinction Rebellion present an obstacle to the journey, you can put it in the irony thread.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Pinno wrote:
    But that would be technically incorrect, horny antler deer doesn't have the same ring so I just go with horny.
    Shouldn't be a problem if you've cut the steerer Step, that didn't cause the fault. Besides, they could give you the frame and you keep that fork.
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

If Extinction Rebellion present an obstacle to the journey, you can put it in the irony thread.

I shall indeed
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    ...and you keep that fork.

Which you can make into a unicycle for the interim.
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    But that would be technically incorrect, horny antler deer doesn't have the same ring so I just go with horny.
    Shouldn't be a problem if you've cut the steerer Step, that didn't cause the fault. Besides, they could give you the frame and you keep that fork.

Missed this, but good point, I'm doing the exchange in person so I can suggest that, be less hassle for me too!