Garmin 530 £50 cashback deal

bsharp77
bsharp77 Posts: 533
edited October 2019 in Road general
Morning everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else got stung by this - I'm so annoyed.

Bought the Garmin 530 due to the offer that was running to claim a £50 prepaid credit card 30 days after purchase.
I became aware of the offer via email and through a bombardment of web adverts.

After doing a bit of searching for somewhere that had stock I went for Tredz, never thinking anymore about it.

Garmin arrived, with an offer on the box for a free silicone case - email Tredz, to find out, sorry we don't do that deal.
That was annoying to start, but it was only a case, so no big deal.

Went to claim my £50 today to find Tredz name are not on the list of suppliers on the Garmin rewards website.
I'm absolutely seething.
I paid the proper retail price, and the only reason I picked Tredz was because they had it in stock - nothing else.
It never even crossed my mind to check the participating retailers as I just assumed all Garmin retailers would be approved, especially due to all the marketing Garmin were giving the cash back deal.

I guess theres not much I can do - just very, very annoying.
Rant over for the morning.....

Comments

• paulwood
    paulwood Posts: 231
    I bought mine from Wiggle, after checking it was on the list as the web advertising directed me to the main Garmin online shop first.

£50 happily spent on half a case of wine.

Is it too late to return it to Trendz?
  • bsharp77
    paulwood wrote:
    I bought mine from Wiggle, after checking it was on the list as the web advertising directed me to the main Garmin online shop first.

£50 happily spent on half a case of wine.

Is it too late to return it to Trendz?

Could probably return Paul, but the promotion period for the cash back is now over.
    I'm probably angry more at my own stupidity for not checking the list of retailers, I assumed as long it was a proper dealer i'd be fine. But you know what they say when you assume...... :roll:

A hard lesson learnt - at least the 530 has been working great since I got it!
    Enjoy your wine! :D
  • buckmulligan
    buckmulligan Posts: 1,031
    Strange that Tredz aren't on there.

I bought mine from Winstanleys and they were on the list and, at least in my mind, a smaller retailer.
  • That's a pi$$er!

Bought mine from Sigma (plus free case) and got my 50 quid without hassle.

The 530 really is bloody good wee unit. The processor is a rocket!
  • buckmulligan

Did yours come with a free case, or did you have to contact them afterwards?

I noticed the same sticker on my box but don't know if it applies to purchases from Winstanleys or not.
  • bsharp77
    That's a pi$$er!

Ahhh no! Damnit anyway, tough lesson learnt here for me.
    However the 530 really is great - which eases the pain somewhat!
  • Bought mine from Sigma (plus free case) and got my 50 quid without hassle.

Did yours come with a free case, or did you have to contact them afterwards?

I noticed the same sticker on my box but don't know if it applies to purchases from Winstanleys or not.

Yeah, came separately in the same order.
  • That's a pi$$er!

Good to know, I've just ordered one at Wiggle, with price match.. £ 232... what's the 50 quid deal? I haven't seen it... what do I need to do?
    left the forum March 2023
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    That's a pi$$er!

Good to know, I've just ordered one at Wiggle, with price match.. £ 232... what's the 50 quid deal? I haven't seen it... what do I need to do?
    Buy it before 30/09/2019.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Ha!

Didn't have money back then... LOL
    left the forum March 2023
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,598
    Ha!

:lol::lol::lol:
    I got mine for £232. Cashed in the £50 for petrol, and sold my 520 for £100. £82 balance. Not bad! 8)
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • buckmulligan
    This is the link for anyone else who may have already purchased one before 30th September; you need to wait until 30 days after the purchase date to submit a claim, but no later than 8th November:

https://www.garminrewards.co.uk/
  • bsharp77
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Ha!

:lol::lol::lol:
    I got mine for £232. Cashed in the £50 for petrol, and sold my 520 for £100. £82 balance. Not bad! 8)

So....not only did I pay full retail at £259.99, but also missed out on everything else.
    I'm usually quite a savvy shopper, but in my haste to order this before a big ride I obviously have missed EVERYTHING!
    As if I didn't feel bad enough! :lol::lol:
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,489
    bsharp77 wrote:
    So....not only did I pay full retail at £259.99, but also missed out on everything else.
    I'm usually quite a savvy shopper, but in my haste to order this before a big ride I obviously have missed EVERYTHING!
    As if I didn't feel bad enough! :lol::lol:

That's a real bummer - but hey at least you got the years free Strava Summit membership.
    You DID get that didn't you :wink::wink:
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Paid £234 for mine using a instant voucher through my work's reward scheme, which meant using Evans who I don't think were offering a free silicon case. Applied for the £50 pre-loaded card last week, got email this morning saying on its way in 5-10 days. Honestly wasn't sure whether the claim would get validated due to the instant voucher route, but seems ok. Is free Strava Summit worth having?
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...