1 Week in Tuscany - should we visit Elba Island?

alesupper
alesupper Posts: 286
edited October 2019 in Tour & expedition
Hi All

Me and a mate are flying out to Pisa in May next year for a week touring around Tuscany. My mate fancies visiting Elba Island which does look very nice but I am wondering if it is worthwhile considering we only have one week to see as much of Tuscany as possible? Your thoughts and advice is appreciated.

Cheers, Alesupper

Comments

• daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    alesupper wrote:
    Hi All

Me and a mate are flying out to Pisa in May next year for a week touring around Tuscany. My mate fancies visiting Elba Island which does look very nice but I am wondering if it is worthwhile considering we only have one week to see as much of Tuscany as possible? Your thoughts and advice is appreciated.

Cheers, Alesupper

No personal experience of Elba Island, but what I can say from my time in Tuscany, is for sure visit Lucca, a truly stunning place, and when we used to house sit there, we usually cycled south to Camaiore down to the coast - some stunning roads, and plenty of pro's train around there - somewhat humbling!

VERY jealous - enjoy.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • alesupper
    alesupper Posts: 286
    Thanks Daniel B much appreciated. Yes Lucca was already on the to do list and we will be sure to pass through Camaiore on our way back to Pisa.