edited October 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

it's not raining, can't see that lasting

much coffee, much dabbling, more hols stuff to sort out
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, I appear to have avoided joining the 27 club which is a but of a surprise after crashing in a race on Sunday. OH bought me a very nice axe to go with my other very nice axe so I'm quite happy. Fingers crossed for steak and some beers later on...
  • Morning. Looks like a decent day, DI2 on charge after yesterdays ride and cycling kit in wash as it was muddy as on the backroads. Some of them are like ploughed fields after the tractors around here.

Just "splashed" (geddit) a grand on a new board and wetsuit, well you can't take it with you. At least that's what I tell the wife :D
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Dry at home for the ride to the station, wet when I got to work. Forecast says it's going to brighten up later which will be a bonus. Man flu seems to be in retreat, we'll find out fur sure when I try to ride home up the hill later :oops:

Hopefully TLW1's assembled his bike by now :roll:
  • thistle_
    HaydenM wrote:
    Morning, I appear to have avoided joining the 27 club which is a but of a surprise after crashing in a race on Sunday.
    Welcome potential member of the 28 club.
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:
    Morning, I appear to have avoided joining the 27 club which is a but of a surprise after crashing in a race on Sunday.
    Welcome potential member of the 28 club.

Cheers. The OH thinks the solution to my injuries on Sunday isn't to buy a back protecting Evoc back but just to give up bikes altogether and find something else to do, she suggested playing rugby which I pointed out is a stupid idea.

The only person to have posted 'Happy Birthday' on facebook so far is the landlady of a pub I've been to once in Dover. Weird.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Just going to the gym then going to have a look at a bunker to shoot some people from and pick up a Kalash. Apart from that, may have some rib eye from the Edwyn's butchery for lunch.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Yes, because rugby is known not to be at all dangerous.
    I have an Evoc pack with spine protector, when i did MTB stuff it saved me a nice few injuries. Reminds me I have a load of body armour etc which is very surplus to my needs.

Anyway. Morning cold is still in full force more just lurking in my face now but none the less annoying. No rain this morning but everything was soaked from the downpour last night. Most of them from Japan land arrive back here today so random sweets etc shall be littered around the office so I shall do some hoovering up later.
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:
    I have an Evoc pack with spine protector, when i did MTB stuff it saved me a nice few injuries. Reminds me I have a load of body armour etc which is very surplus to my needs.

Especially seeing as around here it's a brutally competitive 7s game... I was reading a health study on the Enduro World Series recently so I had the facts to hand:
    "The Rider Health Survey calculated that there are 0.15 significant injuries per rider per year, meaning a rider picks up a significant injury roughly every seven years. Another comparison given in the study is from rugby, a sport that has previously reported 1.8 injuries per player per season."

I suffered chest compression and whiplash on sunday, I'd happily wear a neck brace and chest protector for downhill but for enduro I don't even where a full face most of the time...
  • Did a run last night with no resulting injuries. Happy happy.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    HaydenM wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Especially seeing as around here it's a brutally competitive 7s game... I was reading a health study on the Enduro World Series recently so I had the facts to hand:
    "The Rider Health Survey calculated that there are 0.15 significant injuries per rider per year, meaning a rider picks up a significant injury roughly every seven years. Another comparison given in the study is from rugby, a sport that has previously reported 1.8 injuries per player per season."

I suffered chest compression and whiplash on sunday, I'd happily wear a neck brace and chest protector for downhill but for enduro I don't even where a full face most of the time...

Yeah id happily wear a bit of protection. Having said that I usually came off more when I wasn't wearing the correct protection. Sods law etc.

Reminds me I'm going to fully embrace this adventure/touring bike lark, need to find me a little handlebar bag, may see if EVOC do any.
  • haydenm
    Certainly for Scottish Enduro series races you need to wear a helmet at all times, including between stages up hill on forest roads. If they slackened the rules then people would wear proper DH helmets in the stages and probably be significantly safer IMO
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Dreary wet day. Did house chores. Got on rowing machine for a short while. Must fix the electronics on it, think it's just a dodgy power board connection. Or perhaps not, don't need a reminder just how slow and feeble at it I really am.

Unblocked shed storm water drain as the steady showers were starting to back it up a bit. Went and collected mother's car from repair shop where it has been for 13 weeks. :roll: :roll:
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    Went and collected mother's car from repair shop where it has been for 13 weeks. :roll: :roll:
    Is that the same shop that step has taken his bike to for building?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Happy 28th Hayden! I think I got married to my first wife when I was 28. Seems a lifetime ago...
    In a taxi en route to the office in Madrid. Unremarkable journey. Lounge, no booze, full flight. Will look for jamon later. Sun is out, but it's a bit chilly...
  • haydenm
    hopkinb wrote:
    Happy 28th Hayden! I think I got married to my first wife when I was 28. Seems a lifetime ago...

I'm getting married to my first wife when I'm 28 too. I feel like I should have started wifing people earlier so I had more chance of finding attractive ones for the next time round

*Edit, no offence to any of your subsequent wives, I can see how that might read badly
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    HaydenM wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

I'm getting married to my first wife when I'm 28 too. I feel like I should have started wifing people earlier so I had more chance of finding attractive ones for the next time round

*Edit, no offence to any of your subsequent wives, I can see how that might read badly
    Happy birthday Hayden. There is an old saying which makes me smile; 'If all brides are beautiful, where do all the ugly wives come from?' :)

Busy-ish day in the office with auditors being a minor annoyance. However no meetings this afternoon which is a bonus. I've also acquired a mentee as I signed up to do some mentoring or something. Sounded like a good excuse for some free breakfasts at the time, but she actually wants to learn something apparently. Hey ho.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Step83 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Yeah id happily wear a bit of protection. Having said that I usually came off more when I wasn't wearing the correct protection. Sods law etc.
    I always wore a fair bit of body armour when I did DH. Protected me from quite a bit of injury but didn't stop me ripping a a good size hole in a tendon in my shoulder, which kind of ended my gravity bike activities. Think I'll stick to skiing, I'm better at that.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    Went and collected mother's car from repair shop where it has been for 13 weeks. :roll: :roll:

Don't get me started on them, not even building it, just facing the brake mounts, must be doing it by hand, literally rubbing it with their hands to slowly wear down the alloy at the rate this is going.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

I always wore a fair bit of body armour when I did DH. Protected me from quite a bit of injury but didn't stop me ripping a a good size hole in a tendon in my shoulder, which kind of ended my gravity bike activities. Think I'll stick to skiing, I'm better at that.

Yeah didn't help me, shattered pelvis, chipped the ball of my hip joint and far to many other broken bones, I think sore covers it off.
  • hopkinb
    Footballists play here apparently. Not a patch on highfield road. :roll:

Hunting for jamon now. Forgot Spain eats late, even though it's not 35 degrees.

20191015-181642.jpg
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    it's paseo time, stroll, tapas and drinkies, then and only then, dinner
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    it's paseo time, stroll, tapas and drinkies, then and only then, dinner
    With you all the way, but it's 15 degrees. Had a tapa of morçilla and peppers to warm me up.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    It was always going to be slow, but they've wasted the last 3 weeks waiting for a replacement engine sensor, 3 clips and a grommet for the wiring loom.

Anyway, it means I am off taxi duties to some extent for her at least, so that's a win. :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    HB HM.

How's things with logistics gurl Step?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    20191015-181642.jpg

What they doing to the Burn-a-boo Hoppy?
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    20191015-181642.jpg

What they doing to the Burn-a-boo Hoppy?

Stuck a fence up Pinno. I found it when I went for a stroll. I was looking for an early dinner. I found a football stadium, some crisps and a glass of vino tinto. Also, my kid's favourite burger restaurant was over the road. TGB. The Good Burger. Normally I treat the EUR 60 per diem we get as a subsidy towards a decent blow out. This trip, I ate in airport lounges, had a bocadillo and a burger. The burger came with fries and a pint. I'm way up on the deal.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    I'm way up on the deal.

Talking like a proper CEO now.