edited October 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

soggy, again, who will rid me of this turbulent weather

coffee and lab i think, where it's dry
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,525
    Pah, deferred pedalling until tomorrow as it looks too grim and it's meant to be dryish on Tuesday. Not keen on the these dark morning either.

Not many meetings today which is good. May crack on with my presentation to the global head honcho coming up next month.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, raced in Ft William this weekend which didn't go very well, currently sitting in my office nursing whiplash and bruised ribs. C'est ne pas bon. I'll start racing Scottish Enduro Series races again when they pick trails that aren't flat and covered in knee deep slop. The redeeming feature was any time we got on the world cup downhill track...

In other news, booking a nice break to northern Italy to use up some holiday
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    It wet.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    hopkinb wrote:
    It wet.

Confirmed, rather fed up with this rain, half expecting some beardy bloke to appear wanting two of each animal.
    Quiet weekend felt like utter shoot come back in to a load of emails wanting me to install stuff for various people, currently trying to draft an email response that doesn't involve just a two work reply.

Also peeved at LBS, bikes been in two weeks, chased it, not been started yet which is very annoying so going to remind them shortly.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Sunny here, 4 degrees this morning though
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Step83 wrote:

Also peeved at LBS, bikes been in two weeks, chased it, not been started yet which is very annoying so going to remind them shortly.

it has been scientifically proven that the best ways of jogging their memories in cases like this are to either wander in to the shop with a pick axe handle with some rusty self tappers in it or to burn down their houses one by one on separate nights.

up to you which route you take.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Quite a lovely morning. Would have pedaled but toof related problems and doing daddy car care in lieu of assistance scuppered those plans.

Might go to France for a gallon or two of essence avec plomb. When are you going SG? Room in your luggage.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:

it has been scientifically proven that the best ways of jogging their memories in cases like this are to either wander in to the shop with a pick axe handle with some rusty self tappers in it or to burn down their houses one by one on separate nights.

I'm a fan of going in with a very full jar of crickets and using it like a hand grenade, only issue is the contact detonation vs delayed. Still if you do it as you leave it should be fine.
  • It's just a bit dull around these parts today, might go for a run tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Step83 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

I'm a fan of going in with bag full of hand grenades and blowing the living bajesus out of the place. Still if you do it as you leave it should be fine.

ftfy - hope thats ok.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,153
    Step83 wrote:
    I'm a fan of going in with a very full jar of crickets and using it like a hand grenade, only issue is the contact detonation vs delayed. Still if you do it as you leave it should be fine.
    Go in and set off a stink bomb as you leave.
    Keep popping in daily to see how they're getting on with your bike and repeat.
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:
    Go in and set off a stink bomb as you leave.
    Keep popping in daily to see how they're getting on with your bike and repeat.

I could mix it up each day with another insect, last day come in with a couple of angry geese an release them into the shop,

Day 1 - Crickets
    Day 2 - Roaches (not fish)
    Day 3 - flys
    day 4 - moths
    Day 5 - Geese

Matt, if I used live munitions, the bike would get damaged.