edited October 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

will it be soggy again? yes, grrr

ride a bit, cafe, relax, pre-dinner bubbly at ritz
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, working again so not bothered about the weather, a swim and sauna later on looking forward to it .
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Wet here, today is move to another hotel and build bikes :)
  • Morning. Wet here so surf on cards if enough swell still. Just heard Japan Scot game on so will definitely watch that as should be a cracker. Japan should win but Scotland deserve chance to qualify. All to play for!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    in the gym delaying doing gym stuff by posting on here.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Read posts later.

Right now, toots to swimming pool.

Going solo as OH has abscess. Eeek.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Wet here too, bit hungover but not too bad. I was saved by the lad as we were leaving the pub to carry on elsewhere, he pointed out that our house was a lot closer and we’d only have to walk back again. Good thing he’s more sensible than his old man.
    Upset one of the locals in the pub, was talking to a guy I know about the mess that politics is at the moment and this old fool stuck his oar in. When he said he voted to leave because he fought the Europeans when he was in the army I said I didn’t think he was old enough. So I asked when he was in the army. 1972 he joined up, I laughed and asked if he knew the war finished in 1945. He took umbrage and left. Leaving the rest of us a little bemused to say the least.
    Definitely a day for not doing very much, lad is heading back to Brum shortly. Might have a kip after that.
  • Matthewfalle
    did nothing in the gym so now sitting on my arze contemplating going back later.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Tidied kid's rooms with them. Cooked sausages for all. Cleaned kitchen. About to clean rest of flat. Domestic drudge. Mrs H3 still not well, lying in her fetid pit emanating snot. Dunno from whence it all issues, but there's gallons. Coughs and moans are echoing about the place too. I'll keep it at bay with some booze. Probably hand sanitiser squirted straight down my throat.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Another good lie in this morning after doing a late-ish Dads taxi job last night. Stropteen and her mates learned last night that some pubs are pretty clued up on underage drinking, will be easier when they are al, 18.

Plenty jobs done and just have to put a new inner tube and tyre on the commuter hack and sort some filing out. Stressbag and Stroptten are headed out later so looking forward to some peace with the hounds, who are currently fighting over the very important matter of a squeaky toy.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    still sitting on arze contemplating the gym.

rode crit bike to edwyn's to get some kidney beans (oh the glamour) - feels sooooooooo tiny compared to the S3 - like I'm riding a child's bike. Or one of Richards, whichever is the smaller.

may go to the gym.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Propping up the bar at the pub down the road. Quid pro quo.
  • Matthewfalle
    drunk people in another country in a house I have never lived in have just found my GCSE certificates!

Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Veronese68 wrote:
    When he said he voted to leave because he fought the Europeans when he was in the army I said I didn’t think he was old enough. So I asked when he was in the army. 1972 he joined up, I laughed and asked if he knew the war finished in 1945. He took umbrage and left. Leaving the rest of us a little bemused to say the least.
    Maybe he meant "With the europeans", like a peacekeeping thing somewhere. Or maybe he'd had one sherbet too many and was a bit delusional.

Lurgy still in full swing.
    Won the monthly stare out contest with next door but one's yappy dog.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Maybe he meant "With the europeans", like a peacekeeping thing somewhere. Or maybe he'd had one sherbet too many and was a bit delusional.
    No, he was beyond delusional, he didn’t fight the Europeans only to be ruled by them. One of those people that genuinely seem to believe we’re still fighting WW2.
    To be fair he could have been in Ireland and the IRA are European. But to then vote for something that risks an Irish border would seem odd and I don’t think there was anything like that much thought that went into it.
  • pinno

Staring out animals is always good fun.

OH's abscess broke. Double eeek.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    No, he was beyond delusional, he didn’t fight the Europeans only to be ruled by them. One of those people that genuinely seem to believe we’re still fighting WW2.
    To be fair he could have been in Ireland and the IRA are European. But to then vote for something that risks an Irish border would seem odd and I don’t think there was anything like that much thought that went into it.
    Was it this guy?
    https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/war ... 1010189660
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:

Dental abscess?
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Dental abscess?

Yep.

She said she could feel a change in her mouth. I insisted that if she wanted to brave it, place an Ibuprofen pill against it and let to dissolve slowly. Then she pushed it... I'll spare the detail.

It meant double helpings of rice pudding for everybody else 'cos she couldn't taste a thing after the Ibuprofen and there was a small 'exit' hole, perfect for 'inward goods'.
  • pinno
    The dentist picked it up at her appointment on Thursday and prescribed 2 antibiotics.
    The pain subsided yesterday.

But yes, saltwater mouthwash.
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    Pinno, suggest saltwater mouth wash, till she gets it sorted properly. Just don't let her swallow.

rubbish. old wive's tale. ignore completely.

paraffin or diesel, thats what you want.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    oxoman wrote:
    Nah, try petrol instead.

if you can find some old 4 star then yup, perfect but modern unleaded a) doesn't work due to octane rating differences and b) tastes like shyte so its a no go.

sorry.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.