2020 transfers

Comments

• Total Direct Energie not going for Wt. licence now? Cofidis and Israel academy hoping to step up
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,137
    Total Direct Energie not going for Wt. licence now? Cofidis and Israel academy hoping to step up
    It's Cofidis and Arkea-Samsic who are looking for promotion. Israel Academy are taking over Katusha's licence.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    I had to look up who NTT pro cycling were ( dimension data’s parent company and new name for the team).
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    Maxime Monfort stays at Lotto Soudal, but decides races are easier in the car than on a bike - gets a DS role.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    My man Laurens ten Dam bringing his pro career to a gentle end in the Tour of Croatia.

Runs his own gravel raid and cycling podcast...can imagine him being around the sport in the immediate future.
    Half man, Half bike
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    inseine wrote:
    I had to look up who NTT pro cycling were ( dimension data’s parent company and new name for the team).
    Damn. I used to work for NTT a few years back, and the local boss was a cycling nut. Used to get really good kit made for any staff who rode "seriously". So, I have a set in the cupboard.

Now I'll risk looking a full PKW. :x
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • RichN95.
    Not a rider transfer, but the Daily Mail have announced their new Cycling correspondent

OCE5ei5.png
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    Good news to my mind, Chaves extends with Mitchelton Scott for a further 2 years.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • inseine
    I'd missed Cav to Bahrain Merida. Glad he gets a ride
  • inseine wrote:

has it been officially announced? Thought it was just assumed because of Ellingworth
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,538
    inseine wrote:

has it been officially announced? Thought it was just assumed because of Ellingworth

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/signing-mark-cavendish-will-improve-me-as-a-sprinter-says-bahrain-meridas-colbrelli/

That strongly suggests it, but no official announcement that I can see.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • RichN95.
    inseine wrote:

Daniel Freibe said it was a done deal and he's the journalist closest to Cavendish

I image he'll move into a DS role there when the time is right.
  • RichN95.
    Six new riders announced for Bahrain

Rafa Valls, Marco Haller, Scott Davies, Pello Bilbao, Eros Capecchi, Kevin Inkelaar. A decent haul but no mention of Cavendish.
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    Taylor Phinney retires after Japan Cup.
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    edited October 2019
    iainf72 wrote:

Blimey...

His hipster-ness was a lot even for me but you couldn't help but like him. What could have been...
    Taylor wrote:
    You may or may not see me in an enduro race next year. If I'm going to race anything it's going to be that. I just want to shred, you know
    8)
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • iainf72
    iainf72 Posts: 15,784
    ddraver wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Blimey...

His hipster-ness was a lot even for me but you couldn't help but like him. What could have been...
    Taylor wrote:
    You may or may not see me in an enduro race next year. If I'm going to race anything it's going to be that. I just want to she, you know
    8)

It's not too long ago he was the most marketable cyclist around.

http://www.sportspromedia.com/most-mark ... or_phinney
    Fckin' Quintana … that creep can roll, man.
  • RichN95.
    iainf72 wrote:

And after 2014 he only had two more wins - a stage of the US Pro Challenge and the US TT champs.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,348
    ...and a shattered leg
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    ddraver wrote:
    ...and a shattered leg
    Sure. My comment was meant to be more about the folly of overhyping young riders rather than about Phinney himself.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    RichN95 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    ...and a shattered leg
    Sure. My comment was meant to be more about the folly of overhyping young riders rather than about Phinney himself.
    he was seen to be the next big thing (had a huge tt engine apparently) and his chase down of the leaders in one of the tour of flanders (I think) was pretty inspirational. then the leg.

can't blame him.
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    inseine wrote:
    Dennis to Ineos?

in terms of improving an already great TT engine it would make sense. he's probably a bit prickly for them though.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,245
    iainf72 wrote:
    ddraver wrote:
    iainf72 wrote:

Blimey...

Taylor wrote:
    You may or may not see me in an enduro race next year. If I'm going to race anything it's going to be that. I just want to she, you know
    8)

Loses points for using a Kirby quote.
  • inseine
    philbar72 wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    Dennis to Ineos?

in terms of improving an already great TT engine it would make sense. he's probably a bit prickly for them though.

I would have thought he would respond well to the Ineos attention to detail which seemed to be part of the reason for his departing Bahrain and maybe why he's been a bit 'prickly'?
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,200
    inseine wrote:
    philbar72 wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    Dennis to Ineos?

I would have thought he would respond well to the Ineos attention to detail which seemed to be part of the reason for his departing Bahrain and maybe why he's been a bit 'prickly'?

Depends a bit whether his prickliness is because he thinks he knows it all and has to do it his way or whether it's because others around him were sloppy (inc. broken promises etc.)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • RichN95.
    philbar72 wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    Dennis to Ineos?

His personality (around the bike) seems quite similar to Wiggins. Similar types of rider too.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,579
    Lotto Soudal announce Adam Blythe s departure.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • CarbonClem wrote:
    Lotto Soudal announce Adam Blythe s departure.

Barely raced, lots of media work, new kids... Retirement?
  • rick_chasey
    inseine wrote:
    philbar72 wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    Dennis to Ineos?

Depends a bit whether his prickliness is because he thinks he knows it all and has to do it his way or whether it's because others around him were sloppy (inc. broken promises etc.)

He’s prickly regardless.

Even Garmin found him too much and they’re pretty tolerant of weird behaviour.
  • rick_chasey
    RichN95 wrote:
    philbar72 wrote:
    inseine wrote:
    Dennis to Ineos?

His personality (around the bike) seems quite similar to Wiggins. Similar types of rider too.

Less humour... more tantrums