Rugby World Cup 2019

Comments

• A few injuries for Wales. Hope they can all recover for KO stages.

God this is tight.
  • Tashman
    Tashman Posts: 3,398
    Pross wrote:
    Pretty physical Wales - Fiji first half.

Fiji got off to a flier, Wales gradually getting back in control. Wales possibly lucky to get just a yellow, the Fiji player just about landed on their back not head - didn't get a decent look at the Fiji yellow and the mitigation there.
    This game could cost us massively in terms of injuries. Hopefully none are serious enough to keep them out of the quarter-finals
  • And its over.

Formidable by Fiji to have lasted so long. Big mistake was not capitalising on the Wales yellow and instead conceding.
  • Fiji skills and and handling awesome, deserved to win really. If other aspects of their game was worked on they'd be serious contenders for RWC.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    They gave other countries a blue print for beating Wales, the defence that usually looks so solid looked vulnerable to a team playing fast flowing rugby and keeping the ball alive. A very good performance by Fiji.
  • Typhoon has caused the England and Scotland games to be postponed. How will that effect their recovery for the first knockout games (assuming both get through)?

The later games won't be pushed back I assume so shorter recovery time?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    we were robbed.

the competition is a farce biaised towards the established nations.

farcical.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 25,595
    Typhoon has caused the England and Scotland games to be postponed. How will that effect their recovery for the first knockout games (assuming both get through)?

The England game has been cancelled, not postponed. The decision on the Japan Scotland game has yet to be made. If it is cancelled then Japan go through with Ireland. One could be cynical.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • Matthewfalle
    PBlakeney wrote:
    Typhoon has caused the England and Scotland games to be postponed. How will that effect their recovery for the first knockout games (assuming both get through)?

The England game has been cancelled, not postponed. The decision on the Japan Scotland game has yet to be made. If it is cancelled then Japan go through with Ireland. One could be cynical.

doesn't matter.

the whole competition is a farce and eddy jones said so whilwt laughing his head off during an interview that was broadcast on r4 this morning

total omnishambles farce

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • PBlakeney wrote:

Or more likely it will save Scotland from getting beaten by the Cherry Blossoms
  • Did anyone watch the Uruguay-Fiji game? How did Uruguay outscore that lot???
  • Pross
    we were robbed.

farcical.

In what way is it biased or a farce?
  • Pross wrote:
    we were robbed.

farcical.

Because Italy missed the chance to beat New Zealand by more than 130 points?

Edit - Sorry, they need to beat them by 8 points and score 4 tries. Bit more likely I suppose.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pross wrote:
    we were robbed.

farcical.

Edit - Sorry, they need to beat them by 8 points and score 4 tries. Bit more likely I suppose.

This exactly.

Biaised farce.

The tournament is now dead.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Pross wrote:
    we were robbed.

farcical.

This exactly.

Biaised farce.

The tournament is now dead.

It sucks for the people who have travelled.

Japan Scotland is a different matter if that doesn't happen.
  • Pross
    My colleague went out last Thursday. She's a Scot and is due to watch Sunday's match before coming back. A long way to go if it gets called off (she did at least see yesterday's win though).

I am a bit surprised there weren't contingencies in place for the weather though as I assume it is typhoon season out there.
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    This is the contingency....

Sure, it sucks if your team has been eliminated but there is obvious risk to life - I'm sure they don't take the decision lightly.

Ultimately the teams that get eliminated, it's on them for not having gotten the results already.... same as Fiji, no good giving Wales a scare if you lose to Uruguay is it?
  • TimothyW wrote:
    Ultimately the teams that get eliminated, it's on them for not having gotten the results already....

To an extent, but it's fair to say it's down to scheduling too - if Scotland's first game was against Japan instead of Ireland, there's much more likelihood that we'd be sitting on 14 points instead of 10 now.

All that being said, can't help scheduling, and public safety takes precedence.
  • Poptart242 wrote:
    TimothyW wrote:
    Ultimately the teams that get eliminated, it's on them for not having gotten the results already....

To an extent, but it's fair to say it's down to scheduling too - if Scotland's first game was against Japan instead of Ireland, there's much more likelihood that we'd be sitting on 14 points instead of 10 now.

All that being said, can't help scheduling, and public safety takes precedence.

F1 are possibly moving their qualifying to Sunday morning instead of Saturday. That's contingency planning.

Putting in the rules that the match just gets cancelled isn't.
  • Matthewfalle
    Poptart242 wrote:

err - no there's not. its pretty likely japan are going to pummel scotland.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Poptart242 wrote:

Are you suggesting that Japan are significantly better than Ireland? You're entitled to one of your many, many opinions my dude but that one's a significant reach. I'm not suggesting we'd definitely beat Japan, but I am saying it's much more likely that we beat them than Ireland on any given occasion.
  • pblakeney
    Poptart242 wrote:
    Poptart242 wrote:

Are you suggesting that Japan are significantly better than Ireland? You're entitled to one of your many, many opinions my dude but that one's a significant reach. I'm not suggesting we'd definitely beat Japan, but I am saying it's much more likely that we beat them than Ireland on any given occasion.
    Even though Japan have already beaten Ireland in this tournament?
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • Matthewfalle
    and historically SA......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Poptart242 wrote:
    Poptart242 wrote:

on the showings of this World Cup, yes.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Poptart242 wrote:
    Poptart242 wrote:

They could be worse than Ireland and still pummel Scotland, on the evidence of the Ireland v Scotland match in this tournament.
  • Matthewfalle
    and the evidence of most of the 6 nations matches recently......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pblakeney
    Ah! Solution to the weather problem, play the game at Murrayfield.
    Scotland usually win there. Away form is terrible. Japan is away...
    Veronese68 wrote:
  • forehead
    forehead Posts: 180
    It's a competition, teams need to play each other, on the day, to decide results. It's great to talk about form and who might beat who, for us, the fans, but we need to let the teams play.

I feel the frustration, hope this nonsense doesnt overshadow the rest of the tournament.

Parisse's press conference was a tough watch, really feel for him.

As an england fan, I'd also be very sad to see Scotland go out without playing all of their games.
    Cube - Peloton
    Cannondale - CAAD10
  • Forehead wrote:
    As an england fan, I'd also be very sad to see Scotland go out without playing all of their games.

Translation: I want to see them lose to Japan.
  • forehead
    forehead Posts: 180
    Forehead wrote:

Translation: I want to see them lose to Japan.

Am I that transparent?! :lol:
    Cube - Peloton
    Cannondale - CAAD10