Replacing Campagnolo groupset with Shimano

2»

Comments

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    I have a pair of Shimano cable cutters - they keep the cable outers round too when cutting. Had them 22 years and they are still going.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Pinno wrote:
    I have a pair of Shimano cable cutters - they keep the cable outers round too when cutting. Had them 22 years and they are still going.
    Bought the ice toolz cable cutters after seeing them being used ina rebuild on utube, £15.99 online. Tried a couple of sample cuts on some old cable last night, quiet impressed with roundness of the outer after cutting, will probably stick a spike in just to make sure and a drop of lube. Should do the trick.
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Pinno wrote:
    Bought the ice toolz cable cutters after seeing them being used ina rebuild on utube, £15.99 online. Tried a couple of sample cuts on some old cable last night, quiet impressed with roundness of the outer after cutting, will probably stick a spike in just to make sure and a drop of lube. Should do the trick.

Put the inner in the outer and pull it back past the point where you are going to cut and then slide it through the cut aperture after cutting.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • bianchimoon
    bianchimoon Posts: 3,942
    Pinno wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Put the inner in the outer and pull it back past the point where you are going to cut and then slide it through the cut aperture after cutting.
    Good point, check it's all smooth
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....