Wiggle dhb jersey

jd843
jd843 Posts: 59
edited October 2019 in Road general
Hi

I bought a dhb aeron jersey and received it yesterday. I've only ever had dhb shorts/tights and they've been fine, never had a jersey.

Anyway, after trying it on, I noticed the chest area of the jersey had some marks on it, several short horizontal lines on the fabric. They sort of look like scarred skin, but a fabric version obviously!

Upon closer inspection, I saw there were more patches of these marks on various other parts of the jersey. They feel raised, so they aren't scratches in the material or anything, more like thicker sections of the fabric in thin lines.

The fact that there are so many of these marks makes me think it's not a fault with the material, but just how the jersey is – surely if it was a fault it wouldn't be so widespread? But then I feel a bit miffed if that's the case, as it was £70 RRP. I don't just want to return it for a refund, as I really like the jersey since it matches my new jacket. I'd really like a non-dodgy one if possible...

Anyway, I guess I'm posting to ask:

What are other people's experiences with dhb jerseys? Have you had anything like this on your kit? Or has the quality been fine?

What would you do in my situation? Keep it and ask wiggle for a partial refund due to the shoddiness? Buy another one and see if it's the same? Bearing in mind I've got a sportive this weekend and I really want/need to wear it, so haven't got time for wiggle to inspect it, decide if it's faulty or not then send me a new one...

Cheers

Comments

• david7m
    david7m Posts: 636
    Buy another, send this one back.
  • david7m wrote:
    Buy another, send this one back.
    +1

You don’t need a reason to return (assuming you haven’t worn it on a ride) so their decision is only going to be about whether to reimburse you for return postage. If you return via ASDA it’s free anyway.

So order another and then return this. I’ve got two of these jerseys and they’re good. I don’t recognise the issue you’re describing so maybe your garment was cut from the end of a bolt of fabric or something?
    Custom Albannach Torragar [BUILD IN PROGRESS]
    2020 Ribble CGR SL
    2019 Vitus Vitesse Evo CRS Disc
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    just order a new one and send this one back.its a dhb top, not a spare leg.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Love my DHB kit. Never had an issue with any of it.

Which jersey is it ? Have you checked out the reviews and questions for it ?

It sounds like it's part of the design more than a fault as it's all over ?
  • jd843
    It's definitely not a design thing, it's this one: https://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-aeron-wome ... =102650886 And when I say all over, I mean theres a patch of them on various parts of the jersey, not literally covering it, e.g. some on the chest, stomach, shoulders, lower back. The sleeves look ok though, weirdly.

Wiggle got back in touch with me and offered either a replacement sending out, or a voucher for the value of it. Seems a bit cheeky - I am entitled to a full refund for a faulty item, so not sure why they presented it in this way as if they were the only two options... Not sure if this is their policy to offer a voucher at first then only a refund if you refuse the voucher.

Unfortunately, I'd already ordered and paid for a new one, which arrived today (I've got the annual next day delivery thing), so I couldn't just take them up on their offer of a replacement. Then, the new one arrived and it's exactly the same - so annoying! It's definitely not meant to be like that, it looks rubbish, like the jersey is years old or something.

I'm really disappointed as like I say, I bought it to match my dhb waterproof jacket, and there isn't an alternative product. I'm thinking of keeping one and just asking for a partial refund since the quality doesn't seem good enough for a £70 jersey.
  • david7m
    Same batch possibly.
    Have you sent them pictures?
  • jd843
    david7m wrote:
    Same batch possibly.
    Have you sent them pictures?

Yeah I sent them pictures of the first one and their response was to offer the voucher or replacement. I replied saying I'd already ordered a new one and that they could just refund me for that (i.e. the equivalent of them sending me a free replacement) but this was before I'd received the second order, so I'd not seen it had the same issue at this point. I haven't got back in touch to say the second one is the same yet, as I don't want to cause confusion before they reply (do they always take over a day to reply?).

I hadn't considered that it could just be a faulty batch actually, that's a good point...
  • Matthewfalle
    is it just me or is it just a red jersey? should be easy enough just to get another red jersey, n'est ce pas?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • jd843
    is it just me or is it just a red jersey? should be easy enough just to get another red jersey, n'est ce pas?

Orange, and yes but it wouldn’t be same orange, which would look odd.
  • david7m
    Send that one back too, and for your sportive you may have to bite the bullet and go Evan's etc. Will cost a little more but at least you'll be able to view and try on.
    You should get full refunds, not vouchers as the goods aren't fit for purpose.
  • jd843 wrote:

Wiggle got back in touch with me and offered either a replacement sending out, or a voucher for the value of it. Seems a bit cheeky - I am entitled to a full refund for a faulty item, so not sure why they presented it in this way as if they were the only two options... Not sure if this is their policy to offer a voucher at first then only a refund if you refuse the voucher.

In my experience with wiggle that’s an offer of a voucher and to keep the jersey too. Given that returns are free it’s a bit redundant to offer anything less than a full refund.
    Custom Albannach Torragar [BUILD IN PROGRESS]
    2020 Ribble CGR SL
    2019 Vitus Vitesse Evo CRS Disc
  • Matthewfalle
    jd843 wrote:

orange shorts and orange top?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,416

Dutch maybe?

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.

• Matthewfalle
    PhotoNic69 wrote:

Dutch maybe?

not bright enough orange to be Dutch n'est ce pas?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • jd843
    jd843 wrote:

:lol: no, orange jacket and orange top. They're sort of a matching pair so I just think it would look weird if I had an orange jacket and a (slightly different) orange, hence wanting the dhb one so they'll be properly the same. I have a very obsessive personality - can you tell?

Wiggle haven't replied to my emails since this morning, and their last word was them saying that I now have to send both jerseys back for a refund. However, that now leaves me with nothing to wear tomorrow, faulty or not. Unless I just wear it anyway, it's still faulty/poor quality even if it's been worn/doesn't have the tags on it.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    If you are wearing a jacket, how will anyone see your top underneath.
  • david7m
    Vanity overkill :D
    You must have something else you can wear :p
  • jd843
    david7m wrote:

I do have another long sleeved jersey, but it's completely naff. It has one tiny pocket that you can hardly fit anything in, and it's a long ride so I'll need to carry a lot of food, and it wouldn't leave me anywhere to put my rolled up waterproof jacket...

What do you think the minimum temperature is for short-sleeved jersey with arm warmers? Assuming a thick base layer underneath?
  • jd843
    Webboo wrote:
    If you are wearing a jacket, how will anyone see your top underneath.

They won't, but I will know :lol:
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    jd843 wrote:
    david7m wrote:

I do have another long sleeved jersey, but it's completely naff. It has one tiny pocket that you can hardly fit anything in, and it's a long ride so I'll need to carry a lot of food, and it wouldn't leave me anywhere to put my rolled up waterproof jacket...

What do you think the minimum temperature is for short-sleeved jersey with arm warmers? Assuming a thick base layer underneath?
    Do you not have pockets in your jacket.
  • Is there a prize for the best dressed rider on this sportive?
  • david7m
    jd843 wrote:
    david7m wrote:

Everyone is different.
    12 degrees maybe, I don't know :)