sungod Posts: 16,432
edited October 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffees and early bail, much webexing with the cousins later
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a nice start here in Lincolnshire, travelling to Bradford this morning 10 days work , after the last boring day and a half at least I will be safe :)
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    Came in early and had a nose at our Yammer. Posts about pigs taking over the world and seeing how long you can freeze/defrost a cockroach for.
    Off to get my wonky eyes checked later.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    McNing, I appear to have caught the lurgy off someone so I shall find them an murderise them with extreme murdering.
    Gearing up for Japan apparently involves sushi and Saki, Both of which can be taken as part of Breakfast according to management. Nothing like inciting alcoholism at work!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    oxoman wrote:
    PS cockroaches will survive anything I suspect including a good freezing.
    Yeah apparently he'd got up to 21 days of being frozen and they were fine once defrosted, "just a little slow initially"
  • Torrential rain this morning, AutoCADery today followed by some form of HIT/Circuit class later.

Desktop snacks consist of carrot sticks, fantastic.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Thanks to the rover driver who turned a 1.5hr commute into a 2.5hr
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Work meh. Wednesdays always seem a bit tedious.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day here, body thinks it's Thursday as I had a mild hangover after beer and curry last night.
    Had to laugh last night, a colleague has bought his first road bike on a cycle scheme. Went the whole hog with SPD SLs and all the kit. Lost his phone on the way home, realised when he got there and called me to check if he'd dropped it in the bike shed. He hadn't so retraced his steps, meanwhile I get a call from his phone from a bloke that found it. I went to meet the guy, meanwhile colleague gets back to work and is told where I'd gone. I've just finished thanking the guy when my colleague pulls up in a bit of a fluster and promptly falls over as he couldn't unclip quickly enough. I'd love to see the CCTV footage, it was comedy gold.
    Faith in human nature restored a little, offered the chap a fiver for his trouble to get himself a drink and he wouldn't take it. This is in Feltham. Bloody Eastern Europeans coming over here being nice and depriving the locals of their livelihoods. Come November they'll be sent home, etc, etc...
    Pub later :-)
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Managed to catch part of the Wales Fiji match earlier, exciting stuff. Couldn't care less about the winner aside from the potential bullying of my Welsh colleague if it went wrong. Spent quote a bit of the rest of the day trying to find gift ideas for myself as it's my birthday next week and the OH has no idea what I'd like. The suggestions of 'a Porsche' or maybe a GTR have been rejected.
  • Stevo_666
    HaydenM wrote:
    or maybe a GTR
    Nissan or Merc?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    oxoman wrote:
    V68 pity no video footage, I take it you'll blackmail him for a beer or to for your silence.
    Unfortunately for him I was out for beer and curry with some colleagues, he was the subject of much hilarity so the cat was truly out of the bag.
    Work was mentioned* so it all went on expenses.

* very briefly
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    TLW1 wrote:

No speaker phone?!
    Wevver was better than anticipated. Did a whole load of auto jobs on me mota's.

I want to see this solar powered masterbatiorium Step.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Pinno wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:

No speaker phone?
    Rather busy day, should be better tomorrow!
  • haydenm
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    or maybe a GTR
    Nissan or Merc?

I'd be happy with either but I meant Merc, great looking car
  • Stevo_666
    HaydenM wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    or maybe a GTR
    Nissan or Merc?

Ditto. The GT-R Black Series will be an absolute belter when it comes out. The Pro would do me.

mercedes-amg-gt-r-pro_100680547.jpg

Bit on the pricey side, mind, as you can get AMG's with pretty much the same V8 lump under the bonnet for well under half the price.
  • haydenm
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    or maybe a GTR
    Nissan or Merc?

Ditto. The GT-R Black Series will be an absolute belter when it comes out. The Pro would do me.

Bit on the pricey side, mind, as you can get AMG's with pretty much the same V8 lump under the bonnet for well under half the price.

A colleague of mine has one of the more obscure lower end AMGs, can't remember what he said it was but it has the full fat v8. I deserve a nice car...
  • Stevo_666
    HaydenM wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    or maybe a GTR
    Nissan or Merc?

A colleague of mine has one of the more obscure lower end AMGs, can't remember what he said it was but it has the full fat v8. I deserve a nice car...
    I'd be interested to know which one he's got. It's probably one of the C Class variants as they don't put the V8s in anything smaller than that in the MB range (the engine wouldn't fit).

Get one you deserve before you have kids though as after that you'll be told to buy a people carrier or some other automotive equivalent of the clap.
  • haydenm
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    or maybe a GTR
    Nissan or Merc?

I'd be interested to know which one he's got. It's probably one of the C Class variants as they don't put the V8s in anything smaller than that in the MB range (the engine wouldn't fit).

Get one you deserve before you have kids though as after that you'll be told to buy a people carrier or some other automotive equivalent of the clap.

I'll ask next time I get a chance, he's in our Oxford office and general relations are very poor at the moment. At my level I get on great with them but people are generally w$nkers so there isn't much I can do. I'll finally get the OH to get something nice as her daily at some point, I can't justify a toy car plus the work one...
  • Stevo_666
    HaydenM wrote:
    I'll ask next time I get a chance, he's in our Oxford office and general relations are very poor at the moment. At my level I get on great with them but people are generally w$nkers so there isn't much I can do. I'll finally get the OH to get something nice as her daily at some point, I can't justify a toy car plus the work one...
    One ideal daily driver 8)
    https://www.evo.co.uk/reviews/21931/mercedes-amg-c63-s-estate-review-is-mercs-audi-rs4-rival-the-perfect-daily
  • pinno
    You had to squeeze that one in didn't you? :roll:

It might be quick but it's frikkin ugly :D
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    You had to squeeze that one in didn't you? :roll:

It might be quick but it's frikkin ugly :D
    I don't know what you're talking about, Mr. Twoporkers :wink:

Anyhow, you don't look at the mantlepiece when you're poking the fire, so to say :)
  • pinno
    When you spend that sort of spondoolicks, you want it to look good too.
  • Stevo_666
    edited October 2019
    Pinno wrote:
    Well I think it looks good. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

The sound track isn't too shabby either :D
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Well I think it looks good. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that.

The sound track isn't too shabby eirher :D

Anything that pi$$es off:

Fast ford boys
    Boys
    Over done VW's
    Over priced Italian others
    Bee em wobble u's with M badges
    Range Rovers, in fact every damn SUV that you can think of*

...is fine by me.

* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=728MLtVImvo
  • Stevo_666
    Pi$$es on them as well :)
  • haydenm
    There is nothing more attractive than a fast estate car in my eyes, especially an AMG. I was overtaken by what I thought was an E class AMG estate the other day. Want/10

I'd take an RS4/6 if I really had to as well
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    I leased an apartment in Brisbane here a few years back for a short term contract job. The first time I parked under the building, I noticed one apartment had two spaces numbered, with a Lamborghini In one and a black AMG Merc in the other.

Couple days later, I noticed that the AMG was a different model to what I thought I’d seen originally, but dismissed it as just bad memory. Then next time I was there it was definitely a different one, another black AMG, but E class this time, not C.

Hmmmmm.

Got chatting with building manager one day and asked what the deal was with the Mercs. Told me the owner lived in the penthouse, had the Lambo as a toy to use once in a blue moon, but the AMG’s were the daily drives. He had 16 of them - yes, S-I-X-T-E-E-N AMG Mercedes, all black, and rotated them through every few days from a warehouse garage h e had to store them all.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    HaydenM wrote:
    There is nothing more attractive than a fast estate car in my eyes, especially an AMG. I was overtaken by what I thought was an E class AMG estate the other day. Want/10

I'd take an RS4/6 if I really had to as well
    It's a pity you couldn't make it out to meet me and Pinno back in August - could have had a quick demo.
  • Stevo_666
    I leased an apartment in Brisbane here a few years back for a short term contract job. The first time I parked under the building, I noticed one apartment had two spaces numbered, with a Lamborghini In one and a black AMG Merc in the other.

Couple days later, I noticed that the AMG was a different model to what I thought I’d seen originally, but dismissed it as just bad memory. Then next time I was there it was definitely a different one, another black AMG, but E class this time, not C.

Hmmmmm.

Got chatting with building manager one day and asked what the deal was with the Mercs. Told me the owner lived in the penthouse, had the Lambo as a toy to use once in a blue moon, but the AMG’s were the daily drives. He had 16 of them - yes, S-I-X-T-E-E-N AMG Mercedes, all black, and rotated them through every few days from a warehouse garage h e had to store them all.
    Not jealous at all...
  • veronese68
    So the EPO thinks that he only has one?
    A friend of mine used to live in London and had a Lambo for his fun car and a Brabus Smart car to get around town, both parked in the street. When they limited perking permits to one per person he got rid of the Smart.