Hybrid commute, so the legs get a little spin

Later is more prep
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, more h&s another four hours of my life wasted
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

coffee and running around in circles today, the highlight of which is buying bambino some new shinpads - its gonna be that good.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    'ning
    First day back after long weekend. It seems people arranged meetings for me yesterday despite getting my out of office (and approving my holiday...)
    Arranged a meeting today for 11 and came in to an email saying OK see you at 9.
    Need a job with fewer morons, and must book another holiday :)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    more holidays is always good

french countryside looking murky, it better not rain on me, lights on wind turbines designed to look like two eyes, cute
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Back to chair today after the weekend and site meetings yesterday, a quick roundup would be as follows:

Bike ride.
    Curry & beer.
    Red wine and roast lamb.
    Failure to obtain Glastonbury tickets.
    Entered a 70.3 triathlon in May 2020.
    Questioned sanity.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    We too were unsuccessful in obtaining Glasto tickets. As parents we were roped into trying on as many different devices as we could muster, first on Thursday evening then again on Sunday morning. That's an hour of hitting the refresh button we won't get back.

Luckily (for him) the son responsible was successful on Sunday morning so he and 5 mates are going. We could've stayed in bed...
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Taxi service for Significant Other this morning to CT scan, followed by proper brekky.

Iffy weather meant only short stints of lounging about in the sunshine were possible. Walked dog in the afternoon, much to her surprise.

Wondering what to do with car(s) again.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    il pleut

tartare et biers completed, now dans le salon eurostar pour le retour, disguising myself by scoffing les palets bretons with espressos instead of les madeleines, no health & safety issues as i'm wearing a hawaiian shirt
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Finished torturing tax numbers for the last quarter. Onto reducing them for the next quarter :)

Grey day in The Smoke, not sure why I bother with having a window seat this time of year. Anyway, out for a beer and food with a mate after work so life isn't all bad.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, fun morning spent waiting on BT to fix some fault with my supposed broadband, now back marvelling at the 2mb line I have, BT guy was very confused until I reminded him the phone lines are likely made of wood they are that old.
    Faff done, Solar kit appeared to need to make sure the battery is juiced up ready for installing, fun!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    does this mean your masterbatorioum is back in action?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Taxi service for Significant Other this morning to CT scan...

Decrepit pair aren't you? :roll:

Has Hoppy survived or is he a neurotic wreck?
    Where's VN - don't say he's been working. Farq me, what happened to shirking and general Tom Foolery?

Me Tom Fooled with a heap of dry wood and a chainsaw today.
    Then that was followed by cleaning off spilt 2 stroke mix off the porker carpet. :oops:
    Which then lead to complete extraction of the carpet to clean off some glue *Evostick I think) that previous owner had left. Shifted it with more petrol but didn't come out completely. Any suggestions Step?

Apart from that, we had sun most of the day. A little windy but nothing life/tree threatening.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    masterbatorioum
    Word of the day there.
    Reckon you can slip it into the word association thread? Risks killing it off though :roll:
  • step83
    does this mean your masterbatorioum is back in action?

Offline fapdrive saves the day :lol:

Not too bad a day got the basics of the solar up and running, need to tidy things up, its annoyingly messy at the moment. Battery was receiving charge earlier need to work out how much juice its getting in this cloudy weather, should be ample for my needs though.
  • thistle_
    Step83 wrote:
    Battery was receiving charge earlier need to work out how much juice its getting in this cloudy weather
    Can you lick the terminals?
    Step83 wrote:
    should be ample for my needs though.
    Keeping the offline fapdrive in standby ready for action?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Pinno wrote:
    Where's VN - don't say he's been working. Farq me, what happened to shirking and general Tom Foolery?
    Apologies, have been insanely busy recently. very dull to most people but keeps me off the streets, still fixing other people's fukcups but from a different angle.
    Just been for beer and curry paid for by the big boss so not too bad. Main topic of conversation was that I have the finest assisitant in the building, sorry no pictures but I have the best view in the house. Bizarrely I feel kind of protective, she's not much older than the lad and having a daughter approaching 18 has made me see things in a different light. I need help. But, my word she's fine.
    In other news recent events have made me realise arseholes are still arseholes, no surprise there.
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:
    Battery was receiving charge earlier need to work out how much juice its getting in this cloudy weather
    Can you lick the terminals?
    Step83 wrote:
    should be ample for my needs though.
    Keeping the offline fapdrive in standby ready for action?

I could use my ear?

It'll easily charge my phone an run some lights and the alarm. Can't see why it wouldn't power a small hard/fap drive :lol: