Donald Trump

Comments

• from the Groanads,

"US diplomats told Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, that a prestigious White House visit to meet Donald Trump was dependent on him making a public statement vowing to investigate Hunter Biden’s company, and a Ukrainian role in the 2016 elections, according to texts released on Thursday night"

Looks like trump is done for, thats got to be Jail-Time..
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    from the Groanads,

"US diplomats told Ukraine’s president, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, that a prestigious White House visit to meet Donald Trump was dependent on him making a public statement vowing to investigate Hunter Biden’s company, and a Ukrainian role in the 2016 elections, according to texts released on Thursday night"

Can't see anything other than a successful impeachment. And as soon as he's out of office, he can be indicted/prosecuted for all the things Mueller had him for...
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Can a serving US President give himself a pardon to protect against future legal actions?

Would be weird. But we live in strange times.
  • imposter2.0
    orraloon wrote:
    Can a serving US President give himself a pardon to protect against future legal actions?

Would be weird. But we live in strange times.

"Under Article II, Section 2, Clause 1, presidents have "power to grant reprieves and pardons for offences against the United States, except in cases of impeachment".

More generally, the constitution is pretty clear that no one may be both judge and defendant in their own case..
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Imposter wrote:
    from the Groanads,

Can't see anything other than a successful impeachment. And as soon as he's out of office, he can be indicted/prosecuted for all the things Mueller had him for...

As soon as he is a normal citizen I'd imagine a raft of lawsuits will appear along with investigations on his family and businesses, as I cannot see him not having used his position to "improve" his business portfolio though some rather grey area holding deals and trust funds.
  • He's even managed to make Lindsey Graham criticise him today. That is some achievement.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    8 years of tax returns supoena'd (excuse the poor spelling!) today.

lets see if they turn up and, if they do, what if anything they say.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    So, he has to hand them over.

BBC said "Mr Trump's lawyers immediately filed an emergency appeal with a higher court."

I wonder what the "emergency" is.

He's such a f***wit.
  • 8 years of tax returns supoena'd (excuse the poor spelling!) today.

lets see if they turn up and, if they do, what if anything they say.

I'm sure they're fine, because he's very much against any suggestion of corruption.

Unrelated, Ivanka and Jared made $82m last year while working in the White House.
  • imposter2.0
    mfin wrote:

The 'emergency' is a rapidly approaching impeachment and the likelihood of being in jail for the rest of his days...
  • Imposter wrote:
    mfin wrote:

The 'emergency' is a rapidly approaching impeachment and the likelihood of being in jail for the rest of his days...

He'll resign on the condition of getting a pardon from Pence for "all the illegal sh!t" if history is any guide.
  • imposter2.0
    Imposter wrote:
    mfin wrote:

He'll resign on the condition of getting a pardon from Pence for "all the illegal sh!t" if history is any guide.

I think if all this goes down the way people are suggesting, then Pence will be out too. Not sure what the order of succession is after that, but eventually the office would fall to Pelosi..
  • Imposter wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    mfin wrote:

I think if all this goes down the way people are suggesting, then Pence will be out too. Not sure what the order of succession is after that, but eventually the office would fall to Pelosi..

She comes next after Pence.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Imposter wrote:
    Imposter wrote:
    mfin wrote:

If Both were impeached an tried that with Pelosi she would likely thrown them under the bus.

Interesting to see what the results of these tax returns will be. Likely being warmed over already to hide various things, could the appeal be a play for more time to work the files?
  • imposter2.0
    I wasn't sure if it went to other cabinet members first. Pelosi it is then..
  • OK, this seems normal:
    As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!).

They must, with Europe and others, watch over the captured ISIS fighters and families. The U.S. has done far more than anyone could have ever expected, including the capture of 100% of the ISIS Caliphate. It is time now for others in the region, some of great wealth, to protect their own territory.

THE USA IS GREAT!

Does he think Christmas dinner counts as obliterating Turkey?
  • OK, this seems normal:
    As I have stated strongly before, and just to reiterate, if Turkey does anything that I, in my great and unmatched wisdom, consider to be off limits, I will totally destroy and obliterate the Economy of Turkey (I’ve done before!).

They must, with Europe and others, watch over the captured ISIS fighters and families. The U.S. has done far more than anyone could have ever expected, including the capture of 100% of the ISIS Caliphate. It is time now for others in the region, some of great wealth, to protect their own territory.

THE USA IS GREAT!

He really sounds like a stable genius.

People are laughing at his delusions of grandeur as per the Wizard of Oz (see bold).
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    When does this charade end? When this narcissistic fool leaves or gets pulled off the stage, hopefully taking his BlowJob mini-me with him.
  • Matthewfalle
    mfin wrote:
    So, he has to hand them over.

BBC said "Mr Trump's lawyers immediately filed an emergency appeal with a higher court."

He's such a f***wit.

this is what confuses me.

there have been loads of subpoenas flying around and it seems that people are ignoring them.

does this mean they are just court issued requests for documents that you can ignore?
    same as people being subpoenad and not turning up to provide testimony.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • motogull
    motogull Posts: 325
    OK, this seems normal:

THE USA IS GREAT!

He really sounds like a stable genius.

People are laughing at his delusions of grandeur as per the Wizard of Oz (see bold).

Lots of decent comments. I have been warned about colorful language so will have to be boring. The President in Idiocracy seemed to have a better handle on diplomacy and statesmanship than this shitgibbon.
  • Matthewfalle
    "shitgibbon"

utterly brilliant. chapeau.

i have now stolen this - hope you don't mind.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,217
    Why do people continue to expect Trump to come crashing down? I just don't see anything happening to him until he's out of office and all the stuff going on will probably just galvanise his base to get him a second term. People have been predicting his downfall more or less since his election.
  • Donald is what the people want. Because he's right.

You wet wipes should accept it and save yourselves the public trouser soiling
  • imposter2.0
    Donald is what the people want. Because he's right.

Is he right to abandon the Kurds?
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,474
    Imposter wrote:

If you’re Turkish then the answer is yes, however American reach deploying soft power or building consensus for shared goals will be severely weakened.

No doubt the Saudis, Europeans, UAE, Japan will all be re examining their positions with America as allies not least because Trump has thrown a long standing US partner under the bus on the outcome of a phone call.

Whilst those opposed to American reach will be looking to exploit the very platform that all agreements are made.

Trust.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • robert88
    robert88 Posts: 2,696

It's Trump who needs the nappies.

You are clearly a troll using the cover of the Internet. It's so easy to do, except when your style gives you away.

When you say 'what the people want' you don't mean the US people you mean Trump's handlers. The people who have him by the balls: maybe they have you by the balls too.

Make the most of Trump, he'll soon have clothes to match his face. Until the lack of daylight changes that.
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674

Seriously: don't drink and post.
  • "Clothes to match his face". Seriously? They don't have spray tan booths in prison. That'll wash off before the trial is over (assuming he doesn't get bail off course).
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,687
    Slowmart wrote:
    Imposter wrote:

If you’re Turkish then the answer is yes, however American reach deploying soft power or building consensus for shared goals will be severely weakened.

No doubt the Saudis, Europeans, UAE, Japan will all be re examining their positions with America as allies not least because Trump has thrown a long standing US partner under the bus on the outcome of a phone call.

Whilst those opposed to American reach will be looking to exploit the very platform that all agreements are made.

Trust.
    I find it quite remarkable that the US system allows a single individual to make decisions like this on a whim. Even with someone of sound mind and judgement, a consensus of experts would be a sensible safeguard.
  • Don't ask the public's opinion of experts - you won't like the answer