tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Day of meetings is coming fast over the horizon
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dog walked it’s just started raining what a nice start to October
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Morning
    Foggy start at home, tipping it down at work.
    No bike, no running, just hiding indoors. Except that I need to go out and find some breakfast.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning. Grim here, very wet and windy. Managed a bit more sleep last night which was good but I was woken up by a large bang at 4:30am, couldn't work out what it was this morning but I thought the greenhouse had blown away...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, dog walked also (noting a pattern)

Meetings today plus engineer swapping as one of ours refuses to go to Japan for some reason. Was going myself but my passport would expire while I'm out there which usually makes things tricky.

I forecast more rain later in a shocking turn of events!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Oh yeah, my dog hasn't been walked. It's forecast for beautiful sunshine this afternoon (not that you would guess now) so we will go at lunchtime, he seems happy enough sleeping under my desk at the moment.
  • No coffee, no lab, no webex and no early bail for moi.

Collecting some fancy Garmin Vario lights this evening then going for a run. It seems I've agreed to do a 70.3 next May and I'm the heaviest I've been in a while.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Beyond spectacular day here, sunny and barely any breeze. Awesome. Dog walked, which was a bit of a trial as there were a few others about and that unnerves her somewhat. Then usual routine of coffee, bask, lunch...

Took a bike out for an actual ride this afternoon, round the headland here.
    oxoman wrote:
    .... Pinching young oxo,s hardtail for a change.

Just don't. Today I took the seriously quick XC hardtail bike I've not ridden much in eons other than on road slicks. Swapped the wheels out for some off-road tyres for a change. I usually ride an old 'Dale Prophet FS on my local loop, plush and comfy as anything. Today on the HT was like getting pulverised by a thousand hammers. Ow.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    No coffee, no lab, no webex and no early bail for moi.

Collecting some fancy Garmin Vario lights this evening then going for a run. It seems I've agreed to do a 70.3 next May and I'm the heaviest I've been in a while.

Been tempted by the rear one mainly as we have a lot of sneaky EV cars round here. Plus Wahoo now support the things too, better things to spend pennys on at the moment though.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning,

Dog walked, then towelled before I left for that work thing (drink tea, eat biscuits)

3 day weekend is over which now means catch up. Harrogate was a wet watch, the Date was smart, sat in Betty's doing some work.

Was in Wilmslow last night for some pre-launch event for The Service Course there. Was a good night, ended up chatting with Michael Woods for a good chunk, nice guy, good chat.

That bike thing is in the shop for some new cables, not had time to do it myself. May buy a smart trainer this winter, nobody rides anymore.

Enjoy that 70.3 HD

Back to the needy world of academics and students.

Ciao
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,471
    Step83 wrote:
    No coffee, no lab, no webex and no early bail for moi.

Been tempted by the rear one mainly as we have a lot of sneaky EV cars round here. Plus Wahoo now support the things too, better things to spend pennys on at the moment though.
    Yep, those quiet EVs are dangerous for cyclists. I usually give them a decent audible warning.

Quarterly reporting season is here so just reviewing numbers and sending them back for more torture until they tell me what I want to hear. Just told the auditors to push off until next week which was quite satisfying. I think it must be time for lunch based on the noises my stomach is making.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    went to bank to do some stuff

showed them debit card for account number

did stuff

left bank, walked 10 mins away, had to pay for something, realised I had lost debit card

Back to bank to cancel card.

waste of frickin' time.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day of fixing things. The problem is there is only one of me and a seemingly endless supply of idiots.
    Flâneur wrote:
    ... that work thing (drink tea, eat biscuits)
    I remember when my job was like that.
    Can't believe it's only Tuesday, it's been a long week. Managed to wobble in today at least, quite a pleasant morning. Supposed to be rather moist later. Have to drive the EPO in tomorrow so a fine day is forecast, should have dry kit by Thursday at least.
    Might book a few days in Italy at the end of November, Mum's nephew is tying the knot so could take her over and see that side of the family on a happy occasion for a change. Other than that no time off booked until late December, need to get a couple of days away.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Managed a dry dog walk this morning. I say walk, but a lot of it's just standing around these days. Very slow now; she's 15½ bless her. Rain held off till the drive to work, at which point it pi$$ed it down again.

Only 15 more work days till my redundancy kicks in! That's irreversible :D
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    keef66 wrote:
    Managed a dry dog walk this morning. I say walk, but a lot of it's just standing around these days. Very slow now; she's 15½ bless her. Rain held off till the drive to work, at which point it pi$$ed it down again.

Only 15 more work days till my redundancy kicks in! That's irreversible :D
    Retirement is good, once you get used to it! :D
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • keef66
    Not quite ready for full-on retirement. I'm applying for a post as a DT technician in the school where my son teaches. I'm thinking laser cutters and 3D printers and custom made bike parts...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    keef66 wrote:
    Not quite ready for full-on retirement. I'm applying for a post as a DT technician in the school where my son teaches. I'm thinking laser cutters and 3D printers and custom made bike parts...

that sounds well cool - best of luck!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • keef66
    keef66 wrote:

Why, thank you! Interview on Friday :D
  • keef66
    keef66 wrote:
    keef66 wrote:

Why, thank you! Interview on Friday :D

Well that was fun! They offered me the job and I accepted it :D

Best part is that it's an 9 mile, largely cycle friendly commute. Woohoo!
  • step83
    Congrats, wheres the cake?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Congratulations.
    Is it Tuesday already? That flight must have hit a wormhole.
  • keef66
    Why, thank you!

No cake till I start commuting by bike, then I can justify the extra 500 calories :D
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Da boy dun good. Congrats. Taking the money then moving on to something better = good. Over the course of my working life corporate I took exit packages 4 times (prob indicative of how unsuited I am to corporate work models); the first was a bit traumatic, OMG what?, whereas by the time the 4th came around it was more like you know, I know, let's get to the numbers... The 3rd one actually paid off my mortgage, why thank you.

Anyway, thumbs up and enjoy a lower stress world.