Does anyone ever moderate the forum?

homers_double
homers_double Posts: 7,977
Have you seen the junk in road cycling at the moment? And I'm not talking about the chatter regarding thin wheels and tight shorts...
Advocate of disc brakes.

Comments

• navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,833
    Oli Admin wrote:
    Please report any spam that you may see and I'll get it deleted as soon as possible.

Thanks

AS soon as possible? Girlono post count is now 37 across all the Forum. If this is the best the forum can do in terms of stopping these posts then it suggests it wont be long before the spammers and bots take over.

I am on plenty of other forums which don't get ANY of these posts.

Something's wrong here in BR land.
  • Anything to stop auto posts? kickzterbien has posted ~30 topics this morning.
  • Lagrange
    Lagrange Posts: 652
    Tell you what. Let us make this a subscription forum where we pay for it then we can justify complaint.

Worrying about moderation - take a look at the Cake Stop - it is probably illegal.
  • navrig2
    navrig2 Posts: 1,833
    Lagrange wrote:
    Tell you what. Let us make this a subscription forum where we pay for it then we can justify complaint.

Worrying about moderation - take a look at the Cake Stop - it is probably illegal.

Go for it and watch the membership drop faster than a very fast thing. There is nothing here which cannot be obtained from several other free (and advertising lighter) cycle forums. The value for a a regular individual is getting to know other online persona. That just takes time to read and post.

Not sure what's illegal about The Cake Stop. It's pretty mundane as far as I can see. Even the The Bottom Bracket is reasonably tame compared to many other websites.