sunday decreeing new sumerian mes

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited October 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

hope the downpour will have stopped by ride time, will be soggy roads though, sigh
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining heavily this morning and it looks like it’s here for the day , I see there’s some cycling on Eurosport later I will probably watch it unless this rain stops bloody weather
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Rained all night here, now just cloudy, might rain later knowing my luck it'll be while I'm out in it.

Not sure what to do today feel a cold brewing so just some quiet reading probably.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Another slow start is being enjoyed. Need to finish the bits of painting I started yesterday and then visit the old dear. What an exciting day. There will be some lounging and/or loafing thrown in as it is Sunday.
  • sungod
    rainy start, umpteen flooded roads, brightened up

gave mrs s some advice on something she's doing, think this now means i have to do it

started getting darker, perhaps more rain
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Slightly rearranged day (and last night) as we have a slightly unwell junior hound who picked up an eye infection yesterday. Trip to the vet's at 10:30pm last night: he's now on eye drops and wearing the 'cone of shame' to stop him rubbing his eyes. But seems to be a fair bit better already.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Daylight Saving started overnight, so a "late" kick-off to Sunday duties. Dog walked, coffee made. Loaded up the ute with the shrubbery pulled out yesterday and took it to the tip instead of mulching here, because meh.

Lunched, shopped for stuff, then some random shed activity for an hour to clean up an old piece of recycled timber. Might end up somehow making furniture or cabinetry out of this stuff if I can collect enough of it.

Bangers and mash for dinner. Plus wine, obvs.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Trained back to civilisation early. Had my ear chewed most of the way to Euston by a Russian lady with a black country accent on her way to a hair dressing exhibition at Excel. Utterly bizarre mixture of Russian and Midlands.

Off to a nice restaurant for anniversary lunch with Mrs H3, who is being full of snot. :roll:
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

Off to a nice restaurant for anniversary lunch with Mrs H3, who is being full of snot. :roll:

Literally, not metaphorically...
  • sungod
    figuratively, not literally :)
  • sniper68
    sniper68 Posts: 2,910
    Dry and sunny here in Sheffield!
    BBC got it soooo wrong!
    Dry,cool and quiet out on the roads,folk must've had a lie in thinking it was going to be crap :roll:
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    figuratively, not literally :)
    Given the amount emanating from her, I'm suspecting literally is not too far from the truth.
    Won't do it again though sir... :D
  • hopkinb
    Oooh. White truffle season just starting. Splashed out on a grating over a simple dish of macaroni with ceps. I had chosen a barbera d'Alba with a few years of bottle age to go with our very autumnal choices. Super match with the truffle & cep laden pasta. Well, you don't have a second wedding anniversary every day.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    hopkinb wrote:
    Oooh. White truffle season just starting. Splashed out on a grating over a simple dish of macaroni with ceps. I had chosen a barbera d'Alba with a few years of bottle age to go with our very autumnal choices. Super match with the truffle & cep laden pasta. Well, you don't have a second wedding anniversary every day.

that sounds lush. congrats on the w/a as well.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    i've spent all day at work and it was fine and nice and funny until someone bled all over me.

now drinking Californian IPA on the couch with bambino.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Trained back to civilisation early. Had my ear chewed most of the way to Euston by a Russian lady with a black country accent on her way to a hair dressing exhibition at Excel. Utterly bizarre mixture of Russian and Midlands.
    ll:

any pics of her norks?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:

so just some quiet reading probably.

how does that differ from noisy reading?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:
    ll:

any pics of her norks?

She was well covered. She had nice hair.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Bought a bike for the the eldest rugrat, which makes it 4 bikes purchased in a month, time to stop spending!

A couple of bike rides and pubs were also enjoyed - a good Sunday

Happy w/a hopkin
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    hopkinb wrote:
    I usually send comiserations to long-married friends who have anniversaries :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    ll:

any pics of her norks?

any pics?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    ll:

any pics of her norks?

any pics?
    I will send you some
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    ll:

any pics of her norks?

any pics?
    I will send you some

Personally MF, I would decline that offer.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!